[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Preamp/Processor Shopping Tips

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:32 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Preamp/Processor Shopping Tips

Preamp/Processor Shopping Tips

Section where you have questions/comments about room setup, equipment design, wiring and best configuration between Sony products in creating the best Home Theater setup.

Moderator: jttar

by NiteHawk » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:25 am

If you're thinking about taking that next step, click here.
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jttar » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanks for the article NiteHawk. A lot of good information there. I use my STR-DA7ES as a pre/pro. I know it's outdated but it serves my purpose.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by mykyll2727 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:51 pm

NiteHawk_My thanks as well. I like Joe am planning on using my "legacy" STR-DA9000ES as a pre/pro. If I can get it fixed that is. (If I can then I'll look to add a great preamp will HT bypass. That's after my main speaker upgrade.) Right now I'm waiting to see if the shop will be able to get the parts they've ordered for the 9kES. If not, it's back to the drawing board and an article like this will be of help._mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by sterling1 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:55 am

I've used my Sony TA-E9000ES as the  heart of my HT since I purchased it for that purpose back in 2000. The latest Dolby Digital is processed  as 3/2. It sounds real good. Also, I only have one video source, a BD player which is connected directly to the TV eliminating my perception of any  need for  video processing from my pre/pro. Since the TA-E9000ES is still so useful today makes me think today's offerings are unnecessarily feature bound. and expensive. Give me an updated TA-E9000ES with HDMI replacing S-Video and I'd be happy.
sterling1
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by nightmare » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:29 pm

On 2011-10-22 05:55, sterling1 wrote:
Since the TA-E9000ES is still so useful today makes me think today's offerings are unnecessarily feature bound. and expensive. Give me an updated TA-E9000ES with HDMI replacing S-Video and I'd be happy.

I agree, with a slight adjustment or two. Only keep the S-Video and replace the composite video with HDMI...And add the features of the TA-P9000ES or have a replacement for that as well.
nightmare
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:10 pm

Give me an updated TA-E9000ES with HDMI replacing S-Video and I'd be happy.

sterling1- How about including an Asynchronous USB audio class 2.0 Digital input for the TA-E9000ES to include Music playback from your computer?

Sony H-9 MaxxPix  

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by sterling1 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:18 pm

On 2012-08-01 19:10, Maxxwire wrote:

Give me an updated TA-E9000ES with HDMI replacing S-Video and I'd be happy.

sterling1- How about including an Asynchronous USB audio class 2.0 Digital input for the TA-E9000ES to include Music playback from your computer?

Sony H-9 MaxxPix  

Yeah,  that would do it. Right now, I think I shared this with you before, I send the USB output from my computer to a Creative Sound Blaster X-FI HD, used as an interface, converting from USB to Toslink. The Toslink goes to 24/96 DVD optical input on TA-E9000ES back panel.  It sounds real good. I will likely get Musical Fidelity interface and a glass cable as you recommended. My plan is to then use the X-FI to receive  DAT signal earlier converted from coax  to optical  with an M-Audio CO2, which I can convert to USB with the X-FI to get digital  into my computer.

sterling1
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Return to Getting Started/Building a Home Theater