[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - SONY toy store!

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:39 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - SONY toy store!

SONY toy store!

Section where you have questions/comments about room setup, equipment design, wiring and best configuration between Sony products in creating the best Home Theater setup.

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:53 pm

On 2007-01-19 22:37, dennism wrote: And would the optical toslink be better than the multi-channel outs for audio?

The answer would depend on what kind of Receiver you use since the Digital Receivers have no Direct Analog inputs.

The answer would also depend on what type of Toslink is used. High Bandwidth Glass Toslink would give the best results though.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by wallew » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:55 am

On 2007-01-20 01:53, Maxxwire wrote:

On 2007-01-19 22:37, dennism wrote: And would the optical toslink be better than the multi-channel outs for audio?

The answer would depend on what kind of Receiver you use since the Digital Receivers have no Direct Analog inputs.

The answer would also depend on what type of Toslink is used. High Bandwidth Glass Toslink would give the best results though.

~Maxx~

Maxx,
Jeez, I really hate to contradict you.  But my 5000ES has not one but TWO 5.1 multi channel inputs and my 9000ES has TWO 7.1 multi channel input.  Both via RCA plugs, which I ASSUME (I know, I know) ARE analog inputs.

peace

jim

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.
"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.
When the pin is pulled, MR GRENADE is not your friend.
When in doubt EMPTY THE MAGAZINE.
wallew
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by dennism » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:51 am

On 2007-01-20 00:44, jttar wrote:

dennism,

If your asking what cables come with the NC555ES, I believe the answer is none. If you asking what connectors are on the NC555ES, a picture (courtesy of Crutchfield) is worth a thousand words.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)

Thanks Joe. I meant to ask what cables come with the NC555ES. The pic of the rear panel was helpful though... Looks like component video is the best for the video signal. For the audio, I guess it's either the digital coax or optical instead of the 5.1 multi-ch in...
dennism
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by dennism » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:01 am

On 2007-01-20 01:53, Maxxwire wrote:

~Maxx~

Maxx, I have a 7100ES which I think has both digital (coax and optical) and the 5.1 multi-ch in (analog?). So I guess the digital optical is the way to go for audio?

I'm just curious though cause I remember seeing in the 7100ES manual indicating that the digital coax wold provide better sound than the digital optical. I've always thought it's the other way around.
dennism
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by dennism » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:05 am

BTW, I called up the Sony Style store near Toli's place. Unfortunately, Kevin was out on vacation til Tuesday. The lady I spoke with, Kelly, fortunately was helpful to check the inventory and reserve one for me at the same price. I'll just wait for Kevin to contact me when he gets back.
dennism
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:33 pm

On 2007-01-20 15:01, dennism wrote: I'm just curious though cause I remember seeing in the 7100ES manual indicating that the digital coax wold provide better sound than the digital optical.

They are probably refering to common 6M hz bandwidth plastic conductor Toslink in which they would be correct in saying that Digtal Coax would outperform it.

The makers of Digital Coax don't often state the bandwidth of their wire, but the few times I have seen it listed it has been between 10M hz and 20M hz.

Glass Toslink has a bandwidth of 30M hz and because of this it will out perform Digital Coax plus it is RFI/EMI-proof!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by wallew » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:33 pm

On 2007-01-20 15:05, dennism wrote:
BTW, I called up the Sony Style store near Toli's place. Unfortunately, Kevin was out on vacation til Tuesday. The lady I spoke with, Kelly, fortunately was helpful to check the inventory and reserve one for me at the same price. I'll just wait for Kevin to contact me when he gets back.

dennism,
Yes, Kelly is a nice lady but she is just a department manager, NOT the store manager.  It will be Kevin who will give you a green light.  Don't forget to be nice and BE PREPARED to jump through the hoops he will put in front of you.  I believe I listed them earlier in this thread.

And don't forget to tell him that you heard about it from a SATISFIED customer that reported YOU could get one from him.  That way, HE KNOWS that Agoraquest is the real deal.  That all we want to do is supply useful information to Sony afciando's.

And don't FORGET TO THANK TOLI, who brought this to all our attention!  Thx again T!

jim
wallew
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by dennism » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:00 pm

Jim, Exactly what hoops will Kevin put in front of me? I read thru your earlier posts but I don't think I see it? Yeah, I did thank Toli and would always be grateful to him about spreading the word on this nice deal!

BTW Toli, did you get a chance to see how much the DA5000ES was? Were these (and the NC555ES) brand new or factory refurbished?
dennism
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Toli » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:56 pm

wallew/dennism,

If my information was helpful to you, it was certainly my pleasure!

dennism,

Last time I was at the Sony Store in Pleasant Prairie, WI, if my memory serves correctly, the DA5000ES (refurbished) was $499.99.

Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by wallew » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:34 pm

dennism,
Be prepared to FAX Kevin a scanned or Xeroxed copy of the credit card you are using along with a scanned or Xeroxed copy of your drivers license.  The mailing address on the credit card MUST match that on your drivers license AND be the same address that you want him to ship the 555ES to.  AND he will ask you to print the CC#, along with the expiration date on the FAX somewhere.  And a phone number.

That's about it.  But if you are NOT prepared to do those things, Keving won't ship to you.  Unless you can work something out with him.

He's a really nice patient guy.  As long as you work with him, you should see your 555ES within a week or so.  I'm hoping mine shows up either Monday or Tuesday next week (1/22 - 1/23).  My new Glass Toslink arrived in the mail today.

Let us know how you faired with Kevin.

And don't hesitate to either contact me or ask any other questions here.

Toli, R U Kidding me?  WITHOUT your quick eye and then posting the info here, I would NOT be the owner of a new 555ES.  Again, THANKS TONS!

jim

wallew
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Getting Started/Building a Home Theater