[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - quick question on old sony projector tv

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:37 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - quick question on old sony projector tv

quick question on old sony projector tv

Section where you have questions/comments about room setup, equipment design, wiring and best configuration between Sony products in creating the best Home Theater setup.

Moderator: jttar

by svengali » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:48 pm

Hey y'all:  I just inhereted an old KP46C65 projection TV. All is working well, but the guy who gave it to me said that I could configure it somehow so the TV's speaker is the center channel of a surround system.  Since I don't have a center now, this would be ideal.

Does this sound feasible?  Looking at the outdated conncections on the back all I really see that might work is one set of female RCA jacks labeled audio out (fixed/something).  How exactly would that connect to a speaker terminal on my Sony receiver's center channel.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks.
svengali
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by rb » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:37 pm

You would have to use the pre out jacks on the center channel of your receiver if it's so equipped.  If the TV has stereo RCA jacks as an input you would need to use a Y cable.
rb
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by BruceAlan » Tue May 01, 2012 2:49 pm

If the Sony Surround Speaker System is being used (and connected to the 'Control S' jack, does the system then reconfigure the TV Cabinet speakers for center channel ?
Seems like I remember reading something about this in the User Guide...

Bruce
BruceAlan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Getting Started/Building a Home Theater