[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Home Theater HT-DDW660

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:44 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Home Theater HT-DDW660

Sony Home Theater HT-DDW660

Section where you have questions/comments about room setup, equipment design, wiring and best configuration between Sony products in creating the best Home Theater setup.

Moderator: jttar

by jyoung2000 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:42 am

I recently purchased the Sony HT-DDW660 home theater system but I can't figure out if this works for a TV as well as a DVD/VCR OR just a DVD/VCR.  I wanted an inexpensive home theater in a box for the TV but I don't see any reference to the TV in the owner's manual.

Thanks.
jyoung2000
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Maxxwire » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:39 am

To use this unit with your TV you will need to hook up the TV's Audio output to an Auxilary Audio input on the HT-DDW660.

What line level Audio inputs does the HT-DDW660 have?

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jehill » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:30 pm

The STR-K660P receiver included in the HT-DDW660 home theater system has a DVD coaxial digital input, a VIDEO optical digital input and DVD and VIDEO line level inputs.  The DVD player should be connected to the DVD coaxial input.  My recommendation would be to connect the TV's line level output to the VIDEO line level input.  That way, the optical digital output of a digital TV or HD cable receiver may be connected to the VIDEO optical digital input so that the receiver will accept the line level VIDEO input if there is no digital optical VIDEO input. 
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Renaia » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:46 pm

Hello, I know this thread is a bit old but I have a problem very silmiliar, I have this same exact HTS.  My problem is I cannot figure out how to connect an Xbox, instead of a DVD player. The way it is now, I can only listen to cable channels ( com central etc) I'ts totally useless when it comes to Movies becuase I can't figure how to get the xbox in on it.

If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears!

Renaia
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by Toli » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:15 am

Renaia- You can connect both a DVD player and the XBOX. Use the DVD IN coaxial connection for the DVD player (or cable or satellite) and the VIDEO IN optical connection for the XBOX. For the XBOX you can get the Advanced AV Pack (from Microsoft), or what I would recommend is the Monster 300X (S-Video) or 400X (component) with the Monster Lightwave 100X for the digital optical connection.
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Renaia » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:10 pm

Hey Toli thanks!   I do not want to connect a dvd player at this time, but I'll just leave that bit out of the equation.  I'll definetely give your suggestion a try. I already have that AV pack from microsoft connected.  Just to make sure I understand, am I suppose to connect the MS AV pack from the x box to the Video In?  It doesnt seem to fit, is why I'm asking.

I'll keep you up to date with the progress. =^.^=  meow
Renaia
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by Toli » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:56 pm

Renaia- Did you connect a toslink cable from the AV Pack to the VIDEO IN optical connection on the HT-DDW660?
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Renaia » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:40 pm

the MS thingy has 5 plugs on it, the video In  on the HT is shaped like this: ]  kinda. It isnt a plug like all the other ones.  so one side of the MS thing is connected From the Xbox to the Tv. It doesnt fit into any plug on the HT, sadly.   btw what color is this toslink cable you speak of?

what i have is called " Microsoft high definition AV pack", I just looked it up on xbox.com.  But my version is slightly different, instead of the 5 (female) inputs, my version has 5 (male)plugs. pardon the way I explained that, couldnt figure out another way lol
Renaia
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by Toli » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:04 pm

Renaia- It doesn't matter if you have the Microsoft Advanced AV Pack or the High Definition AV Pack both accept a digital optical cable, but neither includes one (so if you are trying to connect with the included cables-you won't achieve what you are hoping to). You do need to connect a digital optical (toslink) cable from the AV Pack to the HT-DDW660. Click here for an example of a digital optical(toslink) cable, this is the one that I use.
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Renaia » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:05 pm

I decided to go to walmart and buy a bunch of different cables to see what would work and what wouldn't. They've got a great return policy hehe

Come to find out all I needed was audio inline connectors to extend to the length in between the receiver inputs and the tv inputs.  So I bought 2 of those connectors and a shielded 6 ft audio cable.  Easy as pie!!  And now I have surround sound and its FABULOUS!  The only thing thats wierd is no sound comes from the actual tv speakers, but who needs 'em?

Thankyou so much for all your help. I couldn't have done it without ya.

Andrea
Renaia
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

Next

Return to Getting Started/Building a Home Theater