[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:32 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:34 pm

TUESDAY, MARCH 27

CAPTAIN MARVEL---new photo shows Brie Larson training in an F-15 jet fighter.
Also, joining the cast are Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson, Lee Pace as Ronan the Accuser and Djimon Hounsou as Korath the Pursuer.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM---Jeff Goldblum hinted that Laura Dern might also return for the sequel, “I don’t know for sure, I can’t divulge anything. But maybe, maybe she will.”
Earlier, Goldblum said, “Good news to me and to everyone, [to] millions and billions of people all over the world… all over the universe and cosmos when Ellie Sattler returns.”

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---Mark Hamill said about Luke Skywalker in THE LAST JEDI, “I happen to know that George [Lucas] didn’t kill Luke until the end of [EPISODE] 9, after he trained Leia, which is another thread that was never played upon [in THE LAST JEDI].”

EDGE OF TOMORROW 2---Emily Blunt commented on the sequel's status, “Doug Liman has got an awesome idea and he’s excited and they just need to write it. There has been a script, but now I gather there’s another one in the works.”

THE WALKING DEAD---Jeffrey DeMunn said he asked that his character, Dale, be killed off after AMC fired Frank Darabont, '"Dale’s death was my decision. I was furious about how Frank was pushed out of the show. I spent a week not being able to take a full breath. And then I realized, ‘Oh, I can quit.’ So I called them and said, ‘It’s a zombie show. Kill me. I don’t want to do this anymore.’ It was an immense relief to me."'

YOU SHOULD HAVE LEFT---Kevin Bacon stars in this horror movie based on the novel about a writer and his family staying in a remote house in the Alps as he works on a sequel to his successful original screenplay, but he begins to descend into madness as he encounters supernatural forces. David Koepp (JURASSIC PARK) is the writer/director.

THE TERROR---the AMC horror series premier based on the novel rated number one for new cable series this season.

BOSS LEVEL---Naomi Watts is in talks to co-star with Mel Gibson and Frank Grillo in this sci fi movie about an ex-special ops soldier who must repeatedly endure his death until he can stop the person responsible for it.

CORTES---Javier Bardem stars in this Amazon/Steven Spielberg four-hour miniseries about Hernan Cortes battling King Montezuma and his Aztec Empire. Steven Zaillian (SCHINDLER'S LIST) wrote the script based on a Dalton Trumbo screenplay.

INDEPENDENCE DAY 3---Dean Devlin said about a possible second sequel, “I don’t know. I don’t know. Currently, I personally have no plans on doing another one.”

DAUGHTER OF THE WOLF---Gina Carano and Richard Dreyfuss star in this movie about an ex-soldier who must rescue her kidnapped son from a gang and its mysterious leader in the Alaska mountains during a winter storm.

DIRTY JOHN---Connie Britton stars in this Bravo crime anthology series based on the true story of women who are victimized by womanizing conman John Meehan.

ONE DAY AT A TIME---Netflix renewed the reboot series for Season 3.

TRIVIA---Murray Hamilton was a character actor from North Carolina who appeared in many movies including JAWS, ANATOMY OF A MURDER, THE GRADUATE, THE HUSTLER, THE AMITYVILLE HORROR, THE DROWNING POOL and THE WAY WE WERE. His tv appearances included THE TWILIGHT ZONE, PERRY MASON, THE UNTOUCHABLES, GUNSMOKE, THE GOLDEN GIRLS and THE LAST DAYS OF PATTON.

Hamilton with Roy Scheider and Richard Dreyfuss in JAWS.

Hamilton with Jimmy Stewart in the courtroom classic ANATOMY OF A MURDER.

Hamilton played Mr. Robinson with Dustin Hoffman and Katharine Ross in THE GRADUATE.

Hamilton with Paul Newman and George C. Scott in THE HUSTLER.

Hamilton with fellow North Carolinian Andy Griffith in NO TIME FOR SERGEANTS.

Hamilton reunited with Steven Spielberg in 1941.

Hamilton with Ed Wynn and Rod Serling in THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "One for the Angels".

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:29 pm

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28

BOSS LEVEL---Annabelle Wallis (THE MUMMY) and New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski have joined the cast of Mel Gibson, Frank Grillo and Naomi Watts in the sci fi movie about an ex-special ops soldier who must repeat his death over and over until he stops the person responsible.
Wallis will play Alice, a dental hygienist and love interest for Grillo.

THE VOYAGE OF DOCTOR DOLITTLE---Robert Downey, Jr. posted the cast for the movie.

ROSEANNE---the revival premiere drew an impressive 18.2 million viewers, the biggest audience for a tv sitcom in three years. By comparison, the WILL & GRACE revival premiere drew 10.2 million viewers.

FIRE AND FURY: INSIDE THE TRUMP WHITE HOUSE---Jay Roach (GAME CHANGE) will direct the tv version of the book about the first year of the Trump presidency.

CBS---renewed SEAL TEAM and S.W.A.T..

TRIVIA---KELLY'S HEROES was a World War II gold heist movie that starred Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, Donald Sutherland, Don Rickles and Carroll O'Connor.

KELLY'S HEROES was the second gold heist movie written by Troy Kennedy Martin with the first being the classic THE ITALIAN JOB which starred Michael Caine.

Clint Eastwood signed to star in the movie when his DIRTY HARRY director, Don Siegel, was the director, but Siegel had schedule problems and was replaced by Brian G. Hutton, who had directed Eastwood in WHERE EAGLES DARE.
Ingrid Pitt, who appeared with Eastwood in WHERE EAGLES DARE, was supposed to be in KELLY'S HEROES, but she said she was, "virtually climbing on board the plane bound for Yugoslavia when word came through that my part had been cut."

John Landis was a production assistant on KELLY'S HEROES and had a cameo as a nun. During filming, he came up with the idea for AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON.

KELLY'S HEROES was filmed in Yugoslavia because it had a lot of surplus US military equipment, including World War II-vintage M4 Sherman tanks.

Donald Sutherland's character, Oddball, a Sherman tank commander, tells Kelly that German Tiger tanks annihilated US tanks in Normandy's bocage country. In reality, the Tiger tanks were only in the British sector of Normandy after D-Day, an error that was repeated in SAVING PRIVATE RYAN. The Tiger tanks in both movies were really ex-Soviet tanks modified to look like Tigers.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:52 pm

THURSDAY, MARCH 29

WESTWORLD---Season 2 trailer released.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiU-GWix1R4

TERMINAL---trailer released for the movie starring Margot Robbie, Simon Pegg and Mike Myers.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18RqtFuaNe8

WONDER WOMAN 2---Pedro Pascal (GAME OF THRONES) will co-star in an undisclosed role in the sequel.

JO JO RABBIT---Scarlet Johansson is in negotiations to star in this movie about a young Nazi boy, whose imaginary friend is Adolf Hitler, discovers his mother is hiding a Jewish boy in their house.

STAR WARS---Mark Hamill said Walt Disney Pictures may be releasing the STAR WARS movies too close together, "I will say they should pace themselves because you don’t want to over-saturate it. I said to Disney, ‘Really? Five months after we come out comes [SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY]? Can’t you at least wait until Christmas?’ But they’ve got things booked – they’re doing Marvel and their own movies, so that’s beyond my [purview.]"
Hamill also commented on the standalone movies like ROGUE ONE, "Well, there shouldn’t be [a limit to the storytelling], as it’s a canvas that’s so infinite. With the standalone films, they can all have their own identity. ROGUE ONE can be gritty and like a war film… I’m assuming, I don’t know, but I would assume that Solo will be more comedic-ly oriented because he’s a rogue, a scoundrel, and a gambler, and a womanizer and all those things. So I think the advantage of the standalone films is that they don’t have to follow the formula of a trilogy, so they can establish their premise, get it on, get it done and get out leaving the audience wanting more. So there’s infinite possibilities."

THE WALKING DEAD---executive producer Greg Nicotero said he wants a spinoff series in a different climate and a different country, “The one thing that the comic book does great [is] when they introduce the cold weather and the winter. I had even written some webisodes that took place with a frozen zombie herd. And I think that our hopes are — my hopes — would be that we would get into an entirely different location, like a cold weather scenario. Because frozen zombies are f–ing awesome. Until they thaw out and then you’re screwed. Because they would freeze and thaw out, and they would be fine.”
He added, “We’ve done a good job of allowing our audience to populate the US and I think there’s a lot more opportunities outside of the US for a zombie show.”

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY---an unrestored 70mm print of the classic Stanley Kubrick movie will be shown in select theaters on May 18.

SHARKNADO 6---Syfy announced the upcoming movie with Finn traveling back in time to prevent the original Sharknado will be the last in the franchise.

BEAT THE REAPER---Sebastian Stan stars in this movie about an emergency room doctor who is an ex-mob hitman in the witness protection program and is recognized by a mobster.

CURSED---Netflix series underway based on the Frank Miller graphic novel about the Lady of the Lake from the King Arthur legend.

TRIVIA---in STAR TREK IV: THE VOYAGE HOME, the woman who ad-libbed her line to tell Chekov and Uhura where "nuclear wessels" are, was Layla Sarakalo, who volunteered to be a non-speaking extra in the movie to get money to pay for her car which had just been towed away.

Chekov and Uhura visit the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Enterprise to obtain nuclear material from one of its reactors. In reality, the real USS Enterprise was deployed, so the oil-powered USS Ranger was used in the movie.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:55 pm

FRIDAY, MARCH 30

JURASSIC WORLD 3---Steven Spielberg confirmed that Colin Trevorrow is returning for the third JURASSIC WORLD movie, “Colin Trevorrow is going write and direct the third JURASSIC WORLD story." Spielberg and Trevorrow are the executive producers.

THE TOMMYKNOCKERS---James Wan (SAW) will direct this movie based on the Stephen King novel. Roy Lee (IT) is the producer. The 1993 ABC miniseries based on the novel starred Marge Helgenberger and Jimmy Smits.

LOST IN SPACE---co-producer Kevin Burns explained why the Netflix reboot series will have Parker Posey play Dr. Smith, who was played by Jonathan Harris in the original 1960s series, “Jon [Jashni, executive producer] and I had wanted Dr. Smith to be a woman. Why? Because we were very close to Jonathan Harris. I knew him very well. I had him in my ear telling me ‘If they ain’t got me they got nothing. Kevin, I love you, but it will fail because I am Dr. Smith and nobody else can be Dr. Smith. That’s why that Gary Oldman movie died.’
So we said we won’t invite that comparison. What we’ll do is we will cast someone who will bring to it everything Jonathan brought to it but from a totally different perspective without having all of that baggage."

MURDER MYSTERY---Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston star in this Netflix movie described as, “follow a New York City cop (Sandler) as he finally takes his wife (Aniston) on a long-promised European trip. A chance meeting on the flight gets them invited to an intimate family gathering on the Super Yacht of elderly billionaire Malcolm Quince. When Quince is murdered, they become the prime suspects in a modern-day whodunit.”

STAR WARS---a fan petition wants Lucasfilm to cast Meryl Streep as Leia in EPISODE IX.
Also, Mark Hamill was asked about the order the movies should be watched in, "I always think ... the way they were chronologically released. Now, I may be wrong, because if you're starting out fresh, you probably go: one, two, three, four, five, six ... uh, ROGUE ONE?...It's hard, I mean, wait a second...ROGUE ONE comes before four! Yeah, so you go: one, two, three, ROGUE ONE, four, five, six, seven, eight ... I'm guessing."
Hamill added, "I don't know, it's probably just up to the individual."

HEIST---Evan Rachel Wood (WESTWORLD), Gina Rodgriguez (ANNIHILATION), Richard Jenkins (THE SHAPE OF WATER) and Debra Winger (TERMS OF ENDEARMENT) star in this untitled heist movie about a woman's con artist parents who bring in an outsider for their last big heist job.

E.T.: THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL---Drew Barrymore commented on a possible sequel, "Nope, we’re never going to make a sequel, it’s just as it is. That was his [Steven Spielberg’s] philosophy, so who was I to question it?”

BEETLEJUICE---co-writer Larry Wilson said the original ending was darker than the released version, "Our first ending was Lydia [Winona Ryder] — she died in a fire and was able to join Barbara and Adam in the afterlife. A couple of people said to us, ‘Do you really think that’s a good idea? Is that really the message you want to be sending to the teenagers of the world? Die in a fire?’ So, yeah, it probably was darker."

THE CROWN---Tobias Menzies will play Prince Philip in Seasons 3 and 4.

BEYOND---Freeform cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---the first script that Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale (BACK TO THE FUTURE) sold was in 1975 for the KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER episode "Chopper". The plot involved a headless biker who beheaded the rival bikers who decapitated him in the 1950s.
Zemeckis said, "Bob Gale and I worked on a couple of ideas for THE NIGHT STALKER and they produced one. It was my first professional sale. So I guess you could stay it all started with KOLCHAK."
He added, "We knew they needed ideas and scripts. The show had trouble because they needed a new monster every week. And after they had done a werewolf, a vampire and zombie, they said, 'Oh, no, we're running out of monsters.' So Bob and I saw this and thought, if we could create a folklore that they could plug into the series, we might get our first sale. We started out with a sort of 'Legend of Sleepy Hollow' thing, and we combined that with the '50s biker idea. And they bought it. I thought it came off very funny."
Story editor David Chase (THE SOPRANOS) who rewrote their script, said, "That episode was one of my favorites. It's typical of what the young writers, like Bob Zemeckis, would come up with. It was a '60s rock 'n' roll joke. It was wild--a headless biker riding around."

Before the time-traveling DeLorean, there was The Chopper's motorcycle.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:58 pm

SUNDAY, APRIL 1

AIRPORT 2020: ICARUS---Universal Pictures is rebooting its four-movie AIRPORT franchise based on the Arthur Hailey novel and will feature a star-studded, international cast.
The reboot movie focuses on the maiden flight of the world's largest jumbo jet, the Icarus, and its passengers---an international who's who of the rich and famous.
The original movies starred Burt Lancaster, Charlton Heston, Dean Martin, Jacqueline Bisset, Karen Black, Jack Lemmon, George Kennedy, Jimmy Stewart and Christopher Lee.

Tom Hanks plays Captain Scully, who must fly Icarus on its maiden, globe-circling flight after he is blinded by a mid-air collision with a UFO.

Catherine Zeta-Jones plays Alice, the flight attendant who confronts her lover, Captain Scully, in the terminal to tell him she knows he's sleeping with all the other flight attendants on Icarus.

William Shatner plays Captain Kirk, the original pilot for Icarus' maiden flight, but he was removed from the cockpit after he claimed he saw a Klingon on Icarus' wing.

Harrison Ford plays ex-President Jeff Rockwell, who is flying to Moscow to give a speech supporting international women's rights and women intern rights. He will be paid $1 million to give his speech. Rockwell was an Air Force helicopter pilot in the war and tries to fly the crippled Icarus.

Glenn Close plays the ex-First Lady, who is flying to Moscow with her husband to pay $100 million to Russian FSB intelligence to buy back thousands of top secret, incriminating government emails the FSB hacked from her unsecured email server.

Gary Oldman plays Russian terrorist leader Boris Asimov, who is carrying the bomb which will blow up Icarus and Rockwell.

Daisy Ridley plays Lilly Raines, the Secret Service agent who protects ex-President Rockwell from the terrorists and aliens.

Leonardo DiCaprio plays reclusive billionaire Martin McDonnell, who designed and built Icarus.

Martin McDonnell will fly his Icarus on its maiden flight and is surrounded by flight attendants as they prepare to board the massive jumbo jet. McDonnell said to his competitors, Boeing and Airbus, "Catch me if you can."

Kate Winslet plays maiden flight passenger Jane Barlow, McDonnell's current lover and one of many glamorous actresses from Martin McDonnell Studios.

George Kennedy plays (via CGI) Joe Petrocelli, the airline's chief mechanic/pilot and top expert on how to repair and fly jumbo jets that collide with UFOs and are infested with aliens and terrorists.

Lew Alcindor plays ex-NBA star Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who tries to fly Icarus after the UFO collision, but discovers he shoots baskets better than he can fly and act.

Kim Kardashian plays herself. She and Abdul-Jabbar made a steamy X-rated movie of themselves---it's the in-flight movie on Icarus.

Honor Blackman plays co-pilot Jenny Talia, who is smuggling gold in Icarus' cargo hold that she stole from Fort Knox and destined for China in order to wreck the US economy. She is also having a torrid affair with Abdul-Jabbar.

Jenny Talia struggles to fly the crippled Icarus.

Kurt Russell plays passenger Ken Tobey, a former helicopter pilot who has dedicated his life to hunting down the shape-shifting aliens that abducted him years before. He tries to fly the damaged Icarus before the aliens take it over.

Halle Berry plays Cathy, the flight attendant who helps Ken Tobey fly Icarus and battle the aliens and terrorists.

As Cathy tries to fly Icarus, a female terrorist threatens to decapitate her, but Cathy sticks it to her.

Tom Cruise plays passenger Steve Canyon, an ex-jet fighter ace who suffers from PTSD after discovering his girlfriend is a lesbian. He commits suicide by jumping out of Icarus at 40,000 feet.

Harvey Weinstein plays the inflatable automatic pilot.

Rachel McAdams plays passenger Lisa Redeye, who discovers some of the other passengers are really terrorists out to assassinate Rockwell.

Bruce Willis plays himself and is flying to Moscow to accept the Russian Razzie Award for A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD which was filmed in Moscow. Willis tries to defeat Asimov and his terrorists in order to resurrect his career with DIE HARD 6: AIRPLANE III--THE SEQUEL 3D.

Samuel L. Jackson plays a passenger who discovers co-pilot Jenny Talia put a crate of poisonous snakes in Icarus' cargo hold that will kill everyone else on Icarus and tries to warn everyone, but no one on Icarus can understand jive talk.

Willis and Jackson team up to battle the terrorists, aliens and snakes, but they are captured.

Willis battles the terrorists on Icarus' wing and then escapes by ejecting out of Icarus.

Jet Li plays Dr. Lo Chang, a doctor who was beaten and dragged off Icarus by airline security guards after refusing the airline's "generous offer of a $50 flight voucher, two airline mini liquor bottles and any free magazine from the magazine pocket in the passenger seat" due to an overbooked flight.

Lassie plays a passenger's pet dog who was blinded and suffered a broken paw after a flight attendant ordered the passenger to put the dog in an overhead bin instead of being placed under the passenger's seat.

Steve Martin plays a passenger who is trying to fly home to Chicago to deliver a live heart in time for his daughter's heart transplant surgery and must endure obnoxious fellow passengers.

Liam Neeson plays a Special Ops colonel whose team is trained to find and kill alien invaders.

Ewan McGregor is a Special Ops lieutenant who helps Liam Neeson eliminate the hideous aliens.

Jeff Bridges plays Steve McCroskey, Jr, who is a flight tower supervisor like his father and is a passenger on Icarus. He must find a way to land Icarus safely---but he doesn't know he's sitting next to an evil alien.

TRIVIA---AIRPLANE II: THE SEQUEL was crap because it wasn't made by the same team as the original movie: Jim Abrahams and David and Jerry Zucker.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:43 pm

MONDAY, APRIL 2

A QUIET PLACE---new trailer released for the horror movie about monsters who hunt by sound.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqEnM25BsNQ

CARGO---trailer released for the Martin Freeman zombie movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGrMxaIKbC4

NEITHER CONFIRM NOR DENY---Ridley Scott is the producer of this movie based on the book THE CIA'S GREATEST COVERT OPERATION which is about the CIA/Howard Hughes ship Glomar Explorer that was built to recover a nuclear-armed Soviet submarine that mysteriously sank in the Pacific Ocean in 1968.

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---Ron Howard tweeted the movie will be released as scheduled on May 25, “Edit is locked Score done. Right on schedule. Hope you check #Solo out and find it fun.”
He also posted a photo from ILM showing the new TIE fighter.

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---John Boyega commented on EPISODE IX, “I haven’t read the script for EPISODE IX, but Daisy did shoot me a text saying, ‘Oh my gosh, I just heard from J.J. [Abrams], and we’re back together. That’s what I’m really excited about, is Finn and Rey back together again."'
Boyega also said he has had talks about appearing in a Marvel Studios movie, but it won't be as Blade, “spit in the face of Wesley [Snipes] if I took Blade." Boyega added that he is, “all for Wesley playing Blade.”

STAR TREK---Zachary Quinto commented on the status of the next sequel, “First of all, I think there’s a couple of scripts. Because there was a script being written before Quentin Tarantino came up with his idea for a potential film. And so I think they are kind of developing more than one. So I don’t know what is going to happen. Quentin is off doing another movie. So, I feel like we are in a state of anticipation. All of us are really excited about the idea of working with Quentin on a Trek film, but I know Simon Pegg and Doug Jung, who wrote the last film, are writing a script and there are another set of writers writing a script. So I don’t know. I don’t know what’s going to happen.”

DOCTOR STRANGE---co-writer C. Robert Cargill said about when the sequel is approved, “Nightmare will be the villain. Me and Scott [director Scott Derrickson] have not laid the groundwork for it but what I can say is that I have a feeling that whatever Nightmare is involved with, Baron Mordo, being somebody who considers himself the defender of natural law will have something to do with it.”

ROSEANNE---ABC renewed the series for Season 2.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING---Matt Damon, reportedly, turned down the villain role in the sequel.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX---the latest rumor says Jessica Chastain will play Miss Sinister in the movie.

A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN---Amazon tv series underway inspired by the 1992 baseball movie that starred Tom Hanks and Geena Davis.
The tv series is described as:

"A League of Their Own is a half-hour comedy infusing the warmth, humor and DNA of the classic film, while taking a contemporary spin on the stories of the women surrounding the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League. The show will begin with the formation of the league in 1943 and follows the Rockford Peaches, season to season as they struggle to keep the team alive through close games, injuries, late night bar crawls, sexual awakenings, not crying and road trips across a rapidly changing United States. The series dives deeper into the issues facing the country while following a ragtag team of women figuring themselves out while fighting to realize their dreams of playing professional baseball."

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Martine Beswick appeared in two James Bond movies, FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE and THUNDERBALL. She also appeared in two Hammer Films, DR. JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE and ONE MILLION YEARS B.C..

In FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, Martine Beswick played Zora in the gypsy catfight with Vida (played by former Miss Israel, Aliza Gur).

Beswick played James Bond's doomed ally, Paula Caplan, in THUNDERBALL.

Beswick had another catfight, this time with Raquel Welch, in Hammer Film's ONE MILLION YEARS, B.C.. Ironically, Welch was supposed to co-star with Beswick in THUNDERBALL, but Welch left to appear in FANTASTIC VOYAGE and was replaced by Claudine Auger.

Beswick was the murdering villainess in her other Hammer Film, DOCTOR JEKYLL AND MISS HYDE.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:54 pm

TUESDAY, APRIL 3

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---trading cards show three new characters.

HIGH LIFE---photo released of Roger Pattinson starring in the sci fi movie about convicts sent into space to find an alternate energy source near a black hole, but they are used as experiment guinea pigs by scientists. Juliette Binoche also stars.

VENOM---a rumor says Woody Harrelson will play villain Carnage in the Sony Pictures movie starring Tom Hardy.

THE WALKING DEAD---producer/director Greg Nicotero commented on his replacement, Angela Kang, “Angela’s been with us since Season 2. She’s been one of our key writers. Angela has a very clear vision for the show and she has a great voice...I feel like the show is kind of morphing back into a Season 4, Season 5 kind of vibe.”

THE STAND---CBS All Access and Josh Boone are developing a ten-hour miniseries based on the Steven King novel. The 1994 ABC miniseries starred Gary Sinise, Jamey Sheridan and Molly Ringwald.

THE JOKER---Joaquin Phoenix talked about appearing in the movie, “I see it as any other movie. I wouldn’t say… ‘I won’t do Westerns.’ It depends on what it is. I don’t really care about the genre, I care about the character and the filmmaker. If you have the ability to transcend the genre, then that’s what you want to do. So I wouldn’t say, hands down, no – I wouldn’t do that kind of movie.”

STRANGER THINGS---Millie Bobby Brown has reportedly been given a raise of $3.15 million per season which gives her a salary equal to David Harbour and Winona Ryder.

GORMENGHAST---Neil Gaiman and Akiva Goldsman are developing a tv series based on the novel series.

CW---the network renewed JANE THE VIRGIN, RIVERDALE, DYNASTY, SUPERNATURAL, ARROW, THE FLASH, SUPERGIRL, DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, BLACK LIGHTNING and CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND (last season).

TRIVIA---April 3, 2018 is the 50th anniversary of the national premiere of Stanley Kubrick's classic 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY.

William Sylvester played Dr. Heywood R. Floyd in 2001. Floyd's daughter was played by Kubrick's daughter, Vivian.

Sylvester appeared as a Pentagon official in the James Bond movie YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE.

Sylvester appeared as a reporter in Warren Beatty's HEAVEN CAN WAIT.

Sylvester starred in the monster movie GORGO with Bill Travers (BORN FREE).

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:30 pm

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 4

FUTURE WORLD---trailer released for the sci fi movie starring James Franco and Suki Waterhouse.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PVOMWVs9RU

UPGRADE---trailer released for the sci fi revenge movie starring Logan Marshall-Green (PROMETHEUS).

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T_GmJKEke0

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---Rian Johnson commented on death threats from irate fans, "It’s about knowing you’re not going to please everyone. But then you still read someone saying they wish you were dead and it’s going to ruin your day.
There were death threats. It’s balanced by a few things – 90 percent of the stuff I got online was not only lovely and encouraging but phenomenally thoughtful. Fans would send me essays on the movie. The other 10 percent is just loud and gets amplified. At first I was freaked out but then I realized the things people were angry about are the things I’m most proud about.”
He added, “When people ask me, ‘Don’t you think people are going to get sick of Star Wars movies?’ to me that question indicates that they’re thinking of Star Wars movies as a museum exhibit that is wheeled out once a year so you can say, ‘Oh, I loved that thing. Oh, I remember that thing!’ And yes, if Star Wars is that, people are going to get sick of it really quickly.
But if Star Wars are great new movies that are exciting and fresh, and that challenge you and surprise you and make you feel things and engage you the way that those original movies did – but always taking you to new places, both in the galaxy and emotionally – that’s never going to get old. That’s what it’s all about.”

WESTWORLD---information released on Shogun World for Season 2:

“For those for whom Westworld is not enough, the true connoisseur of gore can indulge their fantasies with the slash of a katana. Modeled after Japan’s Edo period, Shogun World offers a chance for guests to embrace their inner warrior, in a landscape of highest beauty and darkest horror. Let your true self take shape in the land where self-discovery is an art form.”

INDIANA JONES---Steven Spielberg commented on a possible female Indiana Jones when Harrison Ford retires from the role, “We’d have to change the name from Jones to Joan. And there would be nothing wrong with that.”

ARMADA---Universal Pictures movie underway based on the novel by Ernest Cline (READY PLAYER ONE). The plot involves a gamer who plays video game that is really a training tool to defend against an alien invasion of Earth. Dan Mazeau (WRATH OF THE TITANS) will write the script.

THE WALKING DEAD---Andrew Lincoln hinted about Season 8's finale, “I think you’ve got everything in this one. It’s quite an unusual structure, but it’s very emotional, I hope, because that’s what I felt [while filming]… The location we shot at was phenomenal and unusual, I hope that it’s going to look on screen as good as it felt when we were shooting there.”
His comment led to fan speculation that The Hilltop won't be the scene of the showdown between Grimes and Negan as in the comic, but elsewhere.

DIRTY JOHN---Eric Bana (BLACK HAWK DOWN) will co-star with Connie Britton in the Bravo anthology series about a serial womanizer.

A GENTLEMAN IN MOSCOW---Kenneth Branagh (MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS) is the star/producer of this tv project based on the novel.

CATCH-22---Hugh Laurie will play Major de Coverley in the Hulu/George Clooney miniseries based on the World War II novel.

TRIVIA---"Strangers in the Night" was a song from an obscure comedy spy movie , A MAN COULD GET KILLED, that starred James Garner, Melina Mercouri, Sandra Dee and Tony Franciosa.
Frank Sinatra's recording of the song won him four Grammys, was #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, #1 on the Easy Listening chart, #1 on the UK Singles chart, was the title song on his STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT album which was his most commercially successful album, was his first #1 hit in 11 years and remained on the charts for 15 weeks.
However, Sinatra hated the song and called it, "a piece of sh*t", "the worst f*cking song that I have ever heard" and "I hated this goddamn song the first I’ve heard it. And I still hate it! So sue me, shoot bullets through me. Shoot."

"Strangers in the Night" was a song from A MAN COULD GET KILLED.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKI0NGGOydA&t=38s

The song was a huge hit and won four Grammys for Frank Sinatra.

Glen Campbell played rhythm guitar during the original recording session with Sinatra.

Although Sinatra hated the song, it was the favorite song of Saddam Hussein according to a former mistress of the Iraqi dictator.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:02 pm

THURSDAY, APRIL 5

THE MAN WHO KILLED DON QUIXOTE---international trailer released for the Terry Gilliam movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkRo5l8679g

INDIANA JONES 5---Steven Spielberg said the fifth Indiana Jones movie will be Harrison Ford's last time in the role, but it won't be the end of the franchise, "This will be Harrison Ford’s last Indiana Jones movie, I am pretty sure, but it will certainly continue after that."

THE LAST STARFIGHTER---the reboot of the 1984 cult classic sci fi movie is underway. Gary Whitta (ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY) is co-writing the reboot with Jonathan Betuel, who wrote the original movie. Whitta said, “After I was done pestering him with all my fanboy questions about the original film we started to talk about what a new version might look like. Since then we’ve spent so many hours working on it I’ve long since lost count, but right now we have a fully developed story that is a combination of reboot and sequel that we both think honors the legacy of the original film while passing the torch to a new generation."
He added, "We’re both very excited about it creatively… It’s a passion project for Jon and me both. And I know we have a great movie here. But we still need to deal with some remaining biz stuff before we can really move forward. We’ve had a lot of talks with Universal. We’re determined, one way or another, to make this happen.”
Whitta also released concept art for the reboot.

RED SONJA---Ashley Edward Miller (X-MEN: FIRST CLASS) will write the script for the movie based on the Marvel comic book character. The 1985 movie starred Brigitte Nielsen and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

STAR TREK---Simon Pegg said he doesn't think Quentin Tarantino will have time to direct his Trek movie, "I don’t think Quentin is going to direct it. Because he’s got in his California movie [ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD] to do and then I think only doing one more film after that. And I doubt, I don’t think he could get around to directing a Star Trek in two-three years."

NEMESIS---movie underway based on the supervillain comic book. Ridley Scott and Jules Daly are the producers.

THE BREACH---History canceled its upcoming miniseries based on the book THE BREACH: INSIDE THE IMPEACHMENT OF BILL CLINTON which is about the impeachment of Clinton after his sex scandal with intern Monica Lewinsky. No reason was given on why it was cancelled.

THE TORTURE REPORT---Annette Bening, Adam Driver and Jon Hamm are in talks to star in this movie about possible CIA torture of terrorist suspects after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

AMERICAN HORROR STORY---Joan Collins is in talks to join the cast for Season 8.

SHADES OF BLUE---NBC Cancelled the series.

KILLING EVE---BBC America renewed the series for Season 2.

PARADISE, P.D.---Netflix animated adult comedy series about an incompetent small-town police department.

BURDEN OF PROOF---Kristin Kreuk (SMALLVILLE) stars in this CW legal drama series about a big city lawyer who returns to her hometown to take a challenging case.

TRIVIA---Ewan McGregor's older brother, Colin, had a role as an extra in Ewan's T2 TRAINSPOTTING.
Colin is a former RAF Tornado G4 pilot. The brothers appeared in the BBC documentary RAF AT 100 about the Royal Air Force's 100th anniversary.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSBen7I6wLI

The McGregor brothers also flew in a Lancaster bomber.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4wM0iLymz4&t=55s
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:43 pm

FRIDAY, APRIL 6

FAHRENHEIT 451---HBO trailer released for the movie based on the Ray Bradbury novel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNKwe9k55fs&t=51s

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---Peter Jackson is in talks to be the executive producer of the Amazon series based on the JRR Tolkien novels. Jackson's possible involvement with the Amazon series is possible after Christopher Tolkien, who did not approve of Jackson's movies straying away from the novels, retired from the estate in November, 2017.
The Amazon tv deal with the Tolkien estate calls for at least five seasons at an estimated cost of $1 billion.

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY---Tony Gilroy discusses his rewrites and reshoots after taking over for director Gareth Edwards, “I came in after the director’s cut. I have a screenplay credit in the arbitration that was easily won. I’ve never been interested in STAR WARS, ever. So I had no reverence for it whatsoever. I was unafraid about that, and they were in such a swamp … they were in so much terrible, terrible trouble that all you could do was improve their position.
If you look at ROGUE, all the difficulty with ROGUE, all the confusion of it … and all the mess, and in the end when you get in there, it’s actually very, very simple to solve. Because you sort of go, ‘This is a movie where, folks, just look. Everyone is going to die.’ So it’s a movie about sacrifice.
So, it’s all a question about why are these [characters], why are all these people going to sacrifice themselves? And you need to motivate them with a purity throughout the [story] and every scene has to be about the movie. And so, is that a theme, that everyone’s going to die, sacrifice? In that sense, in that film, yeah, I thought about it.
I don’t think ROGUE really is a STAR WARS movie in many ways. To me, it’s a Battle of Britain movie.”

THE WAR OF THE WORLDS--photo released from the BBC One three-part miniseries based on the classic HG Wells novel. Rafe Spall and Eleanor Tomlinson star.
Writer Peter Harness said, “The version of THE WAR OF THE WORLDS that I wanted to make is one that’s faithful to the tone and the spirit of the book, but which also feels contemporary, surprising and full of shocks: a collision of sci-fi, period drama and horror. There is nothing cozy or predictable about Wells’ novel, and that’s what I want to capture in the show. We have an incredible cast, a brilliant director and a wonderful crew – and I can’t wait for them to explode the terrifying story of the first alien invasion on to our screens.”

THE BOYS---Karl Urban stars in this Amazon series based on the comic book about a CIA team that battles rogue superheroes. Urban plays Billy Butcher, the team leader.

POLTERGEIST---Steven Spielberg said he wanted Stephen King to help him co-write the movie, "I wanted [King] to help me out with the script and sort of write it with me, but he was unavailable.”
King explained that it, “didn’t work out because it was before the internet and we had a communication breakdown. I was on a ship going across the Atlantic to En­gland."

WATCHMEN---Jeffrey Dean Morgan spoke about the Zack Snyder movie, “I’m very proud of that movie. People are still finding it and watching it and I think it’ll have fans forever. I think it was ahead of its time. I don’t know what else to say, other than I’m extremely proud of it. Not long ago, I caught the second half of the film, just flipping channels, and loved it. It was great.”

DEN OF THIEVES 2---writer/director Christian Gudecast commented on the sequel, "It’s all going to be set in Europe. And it’s going be about Big Nick hunting Donnie, who’s involved in a diamond heist and he’s teamed up with the former Pink Panther mafia, and it’s about Nick hunting him along with… Nick is also going to be hunted by another group, I won’t reveal right now. It’s gonna, there’ll be a few different kinds of twist in this one. It’ll be hopefully very surprising...the A-plot is centered around or based on actual heists – this will be based on the Antwerp diamond exchange heist of 2003."

LORENA---Amazon four-part documentary about Lorena Bobbitt, who cut husband John Bobbitt's penis off after she claimed he tried to rape her, and the media sensation covering the incident. Jordan Peele is the executive producer.

Y: THE LAST MAN---FX pilot underway based on comic book.

WELCOME TO VIENNA---Jake Gyllenhaal is the star/producer of this movie based on the novel about a security contractor, who is hired to track a Chinese scientist, discovers the CIA may be trying to kill him.

RUSSIAN ROULETTE---movie underway based on the book about Russia's involvement in the 2016 presidential election.

MOTHERFATHERSON---Richard Gere stars in this BBC2 series about a media tycoon, his wife and their 30 year-old son.

DEAD TO ME---new Netflix dark comedy series described as “tightly wound widow” and a “free spirit with a shocking secret”.

TRIVIA---in MYSTERIOUS ISLAND, stop-motion pioneer Ray Harryhausen bought four crabs for the giant crab sequence. One of the crabs was humanely killed and its shell was filled with special effects armature for the moving, full-crab shots. The remaining three crabs were used for the close-up shots of the giant crab's moving mandibles, then they were boiled, like the giant crab in the movie, and eaten. Harryhausen said, "I have to confess that after we had all the shots in the can, we did sit down and have the crustaceans for supper, conscious of the fact that we were eating the stars of the scene. This is, I can assure the reader, the one and only time that I have eaten the actors. Hitchcock would have approved."

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News