[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:22 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:58 pm

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 13

HOUSE OF CARDS---amidst the Kevin Spacey sex scandals, sources say Netflix won't cancel the series, and the writers are trying to find a way to continue the series without Spacey's Frank Underwood. A rumor claims Underwood will be killed off which leads to Claire Underwood (Robin wright) as the main character.
Also, Sony Pictures will pay $10 million to reshoot Spacey's scenes with Christopher Plummer in Ridley Scott's ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD.

THE MEG---Warner Bros. released the synopsis for the Jason Statham movie based on the novel MEG, “A deep-sea submersible – part of an international undersea observation program – has been attacked by a massive creature, previously thought to be extinct, and now lies disabled at the bottom of the deepest trench in the Pacific… with its crew trapped inside. With time running out, expert deep sea rescue diver Jonas Taylor (Statham) is recruited by a visionary Chinese oceanographer (Winston Chao), against the wishes of his daughter Suyin (Li Bingbing), to save the crew – and the ocean itself – from this unstoppable threat: a pre-historic 75-foot-long shark known as the Megalodon. What no one could have imagined is that, years before, Taylor had encountered this same terrifying creature. Now, teamed with Suyin, he must confront his fears and risk his own life to save everyone trapped below… bringing him face to face once more with the greatest and largest predator of all time.”

PREDATOR---Jim and John Thomas, the writers of the original 1987 movie, talked about their concept for the sequel which had Arnold Schwarzengger returning as Dutch, “We had an idea where at the end [of PREDATOR], with the burned up clearing where the explosion happens… [PREDATOR 2] opens there. Predator’s invisible feet come into view and a hand plunges down into the dust, into the ashes, and brings up the Predator’s arm and then activates the computer and get’s a readout to see everything that had happened up to that time, focusing on Arnold, and ‘this is my target.’ We went from there and we had to think of how to bring Arnold back into it.”
A second idea was set in World War II, “We also had an idea about doing a World War 2 version in the Battle of the Bulge, in the middle of the winter. A German foot platoon and an American platoon separated, and had a stalemate fighting each other off when the Predator shows up. They have to join together to defeat it. We thought the snow Predator effect would be quite different.”
Schwarzenegger rejected the sequel in favor of TERMINATOR 2. The 1990 sequel, PREDATOR 2, starred Danny Glover and Gary Busey.
Also, Edward James Olmos said the reboot movie, THE PREDATOR, will have more humor than the previous movies, “I haven’t seen any of it, but it’s gonna be funny. The kids in the thing. Yeah, the humor. Huge. Huge. I mean I was in shock, because, you know this is a really intense franchise, and it still is. Don’t get me wrong. You’re gonna be inside of it. But the characters are… what he did – Shane is an incredibly gifted writer, and he’s a great director, and so he ended up getting an incredible ensemble, and when I reached it they had already been filming for three months so they were a unit. So I jump in as the General and there were some moments where I just had to laugh in the scene and I couldn’t be laughing in the scene. ‘I’m sorry guys. Really, I’m sorry.'”

DEADWOOD---although HBO hasn't approved the tv movie, reportedly, filming will begin in the fall, 2018 and will focus on the Al Swearengen's Gem Theater saloon burning down and Swearengen escaping by barge.

SEX SCANDALS---the latest Hollywood scandals include Richard Dreyfuss (JAWS) who was accused of sexual harassment by co-writer Jessica Teich, who said in the 1980s Dreyfuss had an erection when she went to his trailer, “I remember my face being brought close to his penis. I can’t remember how my face got close to his penis, but I do remember that the idea was that I was going to give him a blow job. I didn’t, and I left.”
Dreyfuss replied, "I emphatically deny ever “exposing” myself to Jessica Teich, whom I have considered a friend for 30 years. I did flirt with her, and I remember trying to kiss Jessica as part of what I thought was a consensual seduction ritual that went on and on for many years. I am horrified and bewildered to discover that it wasn’t consensual. I didn’t get it. It makes me reassess every relationship I have ever thought was playful and mutual.” Earlier, Dreyfuss' son, Harry, said he had been sexually groped by Kevin Spacey when he was a teenager.
George Takei (STAR TREK) was accused of sexual assault by actor Scott R. Brunton when he awoke in Takei's house in 1981 and claimed Takei was, “groping at my crotch and trying to get my underwear off”. Takei denied the accusation.
Steven Seagal (UNDER SIEGE) denied sexual harassment accusations by several women, including Jenny McCarthy, Portia de Rossi and Julianna Margulies.
Anthony Edwards (TOP GUN, ER) said Broadway producer Gary Goddard started sexually assaulting him when he was 12 years old, "I was molested by Goddard, my best friend was raped by him  —  and this went on for years." Goddard denied the accusation.
Producer Andrew Kreisberg (THE FLASH, ARROW) was suspended by Warner Bros. TV Group after 15 women accused him of sexual harassment.
Also, Warner Bros. denied a report that Gal Gadot will not return for the WONDER WOMAN sequel unless producer Brett Ratner, who has been accused of sexual harassment, is no longer involved with the sequel.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:05 pm

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 14

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---trailer released for Episode 10.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_186nL8jaBI

THE WALKING DEAD---trailer released for the next episode.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOjV7YjnNJQ

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---Amazon confirmed it has bought the tv rights to the book series from the Tolkien Estate and Trust. Amazon paid almost $250 million for the rights which were also offered to HBO and Netflix. The deal is for a multi-season project and spinoff series. The tv series will be set before THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING.

JAMES BOND---Sam Mendes is no longer involved with the Walt Disney Pictures live-action PINOCCHIO remake which led to speculation he will return to direct the 25th Bond movie.

JUSTICE LEAGUE---producer Charles Roven said Joss Whedon reshot about 15-20% of the movie.

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---Paul Bettany hinted at his role in the prequel, “Ya know, obviously, I’m a very cool intergalactic gangster.”

MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE---Sony Pictures Spider-Man spinoff movie underway based on the Marvel Comics character.

ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK?---movie underway based on the Nickelodeon tv series. Gary Dauberman (IT) will write the script.

HITMAN---Hulu tv series underway based on video game. The 2007 movie starred Timothy Olyphant.

SEX SCANDALS---Tom Sizemore (SAVING PRIVATE RYAN) was accused of sexually molesting an 11 year-old actress sitting on his lap while filming BORN KILLERS in 2003. Actress Robyn Adamson, who played the child's mother and witnessed the incident, said “At one point her eyes got just huge, like she could’ve vomited. I was watching her. She soon reintegrated and kept going, although she had trouble taking direction. Later, when I was told about what happened, I knew exactly what it was.” The girl reported the incident to her mother who notified the casting director. The producers removed Sizemore from the set and urged her parents to press charges against him, but they declined. The former actress, now 26 years old, has hired a lawyer and might seek action against Sizemore and her parents.
Also, Mark Schwan, ONE TREE HILL showrunner, was accused of sexual harassment by Sophia Bush, Hilarie Burton, Bethany Joy Lenz and writer Audrey Wauchope.

BILL MURRAY AND BRIAN-DOYLE MURRAY'S EXTRA INNING---Facebook unscripted series with Bill and Brian-Doyle Murray's journey to visit minor league baseball teams.

SUPER MARIO BROS.---Universal Pictures animated movie underway based on the video game.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:48 pm

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15

DEADPOOL 2---teaser trailer released for the sequel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-5Wv9UGkN8&t=41s

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---new tv commercial released for the sequel. Also, a source said Prince William, Prince Harry, Tom Hardy and singer Gary Barlow will have cameo appearances as Stormtroopers guarding Finn in an elevator.

TV commercial link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY_hcIYMpHk

DUNE---Denis Villeneuve (ARRIVAL, BLADE RUNNER 2049) said his remake of the movie will rely on the novel and won't be connected to David Lynch's 1984 movie, “David Lynch did an adaptation in the ’80s that has some very strong qualities, I mean David Lynch is one of the best filmmakers alive, I have massive respect for him. But when I saw his adaptation I was impressed, but it was not what I had dreamed of, so I’m trying to make the adaptation of my dreams."
He added, “It will not have any link with the David Lynch movie. I’m going back to the book, and going to the images that came out when I read it.”

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR---the Russo brothers posted a teaser photo about the sequel.

GALAXY QUEST---writer Paul Scheer said the Amazon tv series reboot of the 1999 STAR TREK parody movie will have old and new characters which will, "...continue the story of our original characters and have consequences from the first film. So it is mixing two casts. It’s separate kind of adventures that kind of merge, and I’m looking at this first season not as episodic, but as a serialized story." It's not known if the surviving members of the original cast will return for the tv series.

QUENTIN TARANTINO---Tarantino clarified reports his next movie will be about Charles Manson, “It’s not Charles Manson, it’s 1969.” Tarantino reportedly has talked to Tom Cruise, Margot Robbie and Leonardo DiCaprio about starring in the movie.

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD---Garret Dillahunt (DEADWOOD) has joined the cat in an undisclosed role for Season 4.

LANDSCAPE WITH INVISIBLE HAND---movie underway based on the sci fi novel about aliens called the Vuvv who conquer Earth.

PSYCHOKINESIS---Netflix will air the South Korean movie by Yeon Sang-ho (TRAIN TO BUSAN) about a man who seeks to save his daughter who has super powers.

THE FRENCH DETECTIVE---ABC tv pilot underway based on James Patterson's Luc Moncrief novels in which a Paris police detective joins the New York Police Department. Luc Besson will direct the pilot.

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 3---F. Murray Abraham will be the voice of villain Grimmel in the sequel.

WHAT MEN WANT---Taraji P. Henson stars in the female remake of the 2000 Mel Gibson movie WHAT WOMEN WANT. Henson plays a female sports agent who acquires the ability to read men's minds and uses the information to beat her male rivals to sign the NBA's number one draft pick.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:41 pm

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 16

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---JRR Tolkien's son, Christopher, 93, has resigned as director of the Tolkien Estate and Trust. He was unhappy with the Peter Jackson movie franchise, and his departure may lead to Peter Jackson returning to the Tolkien movie universe and open the door to more Tolkien movies and tv projects such as THE SILMARILLION.
Also, John-Rhys Davies said those in charge of the Amazon THE LORD OF THE RINGS prequel series, “are so utterly unprincipled and greedy for money” that “[JRR Tolkien is] spinning in his grave.”

THE BATMAN---John Campea first reported that Ben Affleck might not return for the solo movie, and now says director Matt Reeves has a replacement in mind, "I’m hesitant to say anything, but I talked to a Hollywood producer yesterday who told me who Matt Reeves wants as Batman. And, I’ll be honest with you, the name they [gave] me caught me a little bit by surprise. I called somebody else later in the day, saying, ‘Hey, I heard this, is there any validity to this?’ And they said, ‘Well, Matt does want him.’ But, that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. There’s been no movement or anything like that. It doesn’t mean anything’s going to happen."

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDEWALD---is the sequel's official title and will premiere on November 16, 2018.

BOSS LEVEL---Mel Gibson and Frank Grillo are in talks to star in this movie about an ex-special ops soldier who is forced to relive his death over and over. Joe Carnahan (THE GREY) is the writer/director.

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD---Jenna Elfman (DHARMA & GREG) has joined the cast in an undisclosed role.

THE ROYALS---E! suspended creator Mark Schwahn after co-star Alexandra Park became the latest actress to accuse Schwahn of sexual harassment.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL---Armie Hammer commented on the 2007 George Miller movie in which he would play Batman, "For a long time, I was like, ‘How great that could have been!’ As a 31-year-old who’s been through a lot since I was 19, I wouldn’t want to watch a 19-year-old Batman. I’d be like, ‘Who’s this spoiled rich kid who wants to play dress-up?’"
He added, "I used to be upset we didn’t get to do it, but everything happens exactly as it’s supposed to. I still have a lot of learning to do about this, and it’s a constant pursuit for me. If I had been that successful right out of the gate, I would have thought I already understood it all. I know that I wouldn’t have turned in a great performance, or even a good performance — it would have just been whatever. So I’m glad.”

PRINCE CHARMING---Stephen Chbosky (THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER) will write and possibly direct the Walt Disney Picture movie.

THE KITCHEN---movie underway based on the comic book about members of the Irish mafia in Hell's Kitchen who are arrested by the FBI and are replaced by their wives.

YOU'RE THE WORST---FXX renewed the series for Season 5 which will be the last.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:42 pm

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17

RAMPAGE---trailer released for the movie starring Dwayne Johnson and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coOKvrsmQiI

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---new tv spot released. Also, Rian Johnson confirmed the sequel is 150 minutes long which is the longest in franchise history.

TV link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEOFVz3-J1E

STRIPES---CBS/Sony Pictures Television series underway based on the 1981 comedy movie that starred Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, Warren Oates, John Candy, PJ Soles and Sean Young. Ivan Reitman is the director/executive producer.

CATCH-22---George Clooney is the director/co-star of this miniseries based on the Joseph Heller World War II novel. Clooney will play Colonel Cathcart. The 1970 Mike Nichols movie starred Alan Arkin, Richard Benjamin, Jon Voight and Martin Balsam.

THE BATMAN---sources say Jake Gyllenhaal is Matt Reeves' choice to replace Ben Affleck if Affleck does not return for the standalone movie.

MULTIPLE MAN---James Franco will star in the 20th Century Fox X-MEN spinoff movie. Allan Heinberg (WONDER WOMAN) is the writer.

LET IT FALL BACK---Michelle Williams is in talks to co-star with Benedict Cumberbatch and Jake Gyllenhaal in this movie about a financial reporter who gets involved in a plot to fake his wealthy friend's death in Rio de Janeiro.

SEX SCANDALS---an unidentified woman claimed Sylvester Stallone "intimidated" her into having sex then forced her to perform oral sex on Stallone and his now-deceased bodyguard Michael De Luca when she was 16 years old. The three were staying at the same Las Vegas hotel while Stallone was filming OVER THE TOP in 1986. She claimed Stallone threatened to, "beat her head in" if she tried to report the assault. She reported the incident to police, but declined to press charges because she was, "humiliated and ashamed." Stallone denied the accusation.
Also, TRANSPARENT writers are thinking about writing Season 5 without Jeffrey Tambor after transgender actress Trace Lysette became the second transgender woman associated with the tv series to accuse Tambor of sexually assaulting them. Amazon is investigating the accusations.

MESSIAH---Netflix 10-part miniseries about a Middle Eastern man who claims to be the Messiah and how he involves a CIA agent, an Israeli agent, a Texas minister and his daughter, and a Palestinian refugee.

MERCURY 13---Amazon miniseries underway based on the book about a secret 1961 program in which 13 female aviators underwent astronaut testing, but NASA refused to accept female astronaut candidates.

DANGER GIRL---movie underway based on the comic book about a female archaeologist/adventurer who teams up with two beautiful female spies to find mystical relics that are also being sought by the evil Hammer Syndicate.

MARTIAN MANHUNTER---producer Charles Roven said he wants to develop the movie based on the Justice League character, “...we know that there is going to be a Flash movie, we know that Aquaman is being done, I think that Cyborg deserves his own movie too, and I know that the fans are out there screaming for Green Lantern, that’s for sure. But I was always a fan of J’onn J’onzz, Manhunter from Mars.”
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:08 pm

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---new tv ad released.

TV link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNGJnp7Z9L8

Also, director Rian Johnson commented on the sequel, “There’s a history in ‘Star Wars’ of the attraction between the light and the dark, whether it’s the story of Anakin basically turning from this sweet kid and seeing his seduction to the dark side, or even with Luke. Even though you never really believe he’s going to go over to the dark side, the whole revelation of ‘I am your father’ has to do with Vader and this darkness that [Luke] thought he could just dismiss as ‘That’s the bad guy. I don’t have any of him in me’. Suddenly he realizes ‘No, I come from him. I have quite a bit of him inside me.'”
A new photo of Luke Skywalker on the Millennium Falcon was released with Mark Hamill saying, “I’m telling you, I didn’t expect to have the reaction I had. I was there with my family, with [my children] Nathan and Griffin and Chelsea and my wife Marilou, and [Lucasfilm] asked if the documentary crew could be there when I came back on the Millennium Falcon. I mean, this was not on the shooting day. I was just street clothes and going to visit that set. And I said, ‘Sure.’"
He added, "It was sort of like visiting an old house that you lived in when you were a kid. I mean, I just welled up with emotion and I said, ‘I need to be by myself'...They had recreated it down to every last detail that I remember. The oil drips, the hanging pipes, just everything. The dice in the cockpit."

DOCTOR WHO---trailer released for the Christmas Special.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkWxMG-JDk4&t=9s

JUSTICE LEAGUE---the sequel earned $94 million in its US weekend opening which is the lowest DCEU opening yet. The global box office was $281 million. WONDER WOMAN's opening was over $103 million.
Also, an online petition wants Warner Bros. to release Zack Snyder's original movie, before the Joss Whedon reshoots, which includes the original score by Junkie XL.

WONDER WOMAN---Joss Whedon commented on why Warner Bros. cancelled his Wonder Woman movie ten years ago, “It’s pretty complicated, so bear with me. I had a take on the film that, well, nobody liked. Hey, not that complicated.”
The movie was set in the present with Whedon thinking about Cobie Smulders playing Wonder Woman. The lead villain was Strife, the God of War's nephew.

QUENTIN TARANTINO---a source who read the script for Tarantino's next movie said, “Set in Los Angeles in the summer of 1969, Tarantino’s upcoming movie focuses on a male TV actor who’s had one hit series and his looking for a way to get into the film business. His sidekick—who’s also his stunt double—is looking for the same thing. The horrific murder of Sharon Tate and four of her friends by Charles Manson’s cult of followers serves as a backdrop to the main story.”
Tarantino has reportedly talked to Margot Robbie about playing Tate, the wife of Roman Polanski.

SEX SCANDALS---a second woman has accused former SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE member Senator Al Franken of sexually accosting her in 2010. A photo shows Franken with Lindsay Menz who said Franken, “pulled me in really close, like awkward close, and as my husband took the picture, he put his hand full-fledged on my rear. It was wrapped tightly around my butt cheek.”
She said the “brazen” act lasted three to four seconds, “I was like, ‘Oh, my God, what’s happening?'”
She added, “You just feel gross. Like, eww, I want to wash that off of me.”
TRANSPARENT star Jefrrey Tambor has left the series after two transgender women formerly associated with the Amazon series accused him of sexual harassing them.
An E! NEWS wardrobe stylist accused Ryan Seacrest of sexual harassment which he denied.

TERMINATOR---Billy Ray (THE HUNGER GAMES) will rewrite the script for the sequel starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton.

THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER'S WEB---Claes Bang (THE SQUARE) will play the villain in the Sony Pictures sequel. Speculation is that Bang will play assassin Holtser.

LES MISERABLES---BBC tv series underway based on the Victor Hugo novel.

NASHVILLE---CMT announced that Season 6 will be the last season.

GHOST DOG: THE WAY OF THE SAMURAI---actor RZA said a sequel is underway, “Jim Jarmusch, my good buddy, and Forest Whitaker, have both signed on with me and another writer named Dallas Jackson, to executive produce another ‘Ghost Dog.’ And we already have something written. So maybe ‘Ghost Dog’ will make its way back to the silver screen, or small screen.”
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:55 pm

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 21

DEATH ON THE NILE---20th Century Fox sequel to MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS is underway with Kenneth Branagh expected to return as star/director. The 1978 movie based on the Agatha Christie novel starred Peter Ustinov, Bette Davis, David Niven, Angela Lansbury, George Kennedy and Mia Farrow.

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---director Rian Johnson confirmed that Billy Dee Williams is not in the sequel as Lando Calrissian, “No, and I don’t want fans to get their hopes up. He’s not in the film and it was never really something that came up. I mean, I loved that character. It would have been fun to see him, but it’s just not something that ever really had a place in the story.”

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---producer Aaron Harberts said Season 2 will solve some of the canon conflicts between DISCOVERY and the Prime Universe of the original STAR TREK series, "We have ten years until the original series comes into play. It is a challenge creatively because we have lots of choices in terms of how do we reconcile this [Spore] Drive? This surrogate daughter of Sarek? How do we reconcile these things the closer we get to the original series? That’s going to be a big discussion that we have in season two.
What’s so fun about the character of Michael, just because she hasn’t been spoken about, doesn’t mean she didn’t exist. A lot of the writers on our show are deeply involved in Star Trek, their knowledge is some of the finest around, they really do help us find areas where we can steer around things. But the Spore drive? Who knows? It could be classified. There are many options.”

DEVILS UNTO DUST---movie underway based on the upcoming novel set in 1870s Texas where a viral plague has turned people into murderous "Shakes". A 17 year-old girl hires two Shake-hunters to escort her in a journey across the frontier to find her missing father.

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON---John Landis talked about his rejected sequel script, “The movie was about the girl that the boys talk about at the beginning of the movie, Debbie Klein. She gets a job in London as a literary agent and while she’s there, starts privately investigating the circumstances surrounding the deaths of Jack and David. The conceit was that during the time in the first film where Jenny (Agutter) goes to work and David is pacing around the apartment, he actually wrote Debbie Klein a letter. It was all to do with this big secret that David had never told Jack that he had a thing with her.
She went back to the Slaughtered Lamb and everyone is still there! I think the only changes were a portrait of Charles and Diana where the five-pointed star used to be and darts arcade game instead of a board. It’s then when she speaks to Sgt McManus, the cop from the first movie who didn’t die, that she finds out that Jenny is still in London. She calls her and leaves an answer phone message, which we then reveal is being listened to by the skeletal corpses of Jack and David, watching TV in Alex’s apartment! The big surprise at the end was that Alex was the werewolf. It was pretty wild. The script had everybody in it from the first movie – including all the dead people!”
His son, Max Landis, is working on a remake of his father's classic horror movie.

ONE DAY SHE'LL DARKEN---Connie Nielsen will reunite with her WONDER WOMAN co-workers Chris Pine and Patty Jenkins in this TNT miniseries about a young girl whose secret past is connected to Hollywood gynecologist Dr. George Hodel, the lead suspect in the infamous Black Dahlia murder.

LITTLE DRUMMER GIRL---Alexander Skarsgard (TRUE BLOOD) will co-star with Florence Pugh in the six-part miniseries based on the John le Carre novel.

GAMBIT---Lizzy Caplan (MASTERS OF SEX) is in negotiations to play Bella Donna Boudreaux in the Channing Tatum X-Men spinoff movie. Caplan will replace Lea Seydoux who had schedule problems.

STRYX---tv series underway based on the French graphic novel LE CHANT des STRYGES in which a disgraced US spy and a female mercenary team up to combat a global conspiracy involving super creatures who are long time inhabitants of Earth.

HARLEY QUINN---animated, adult-oriented comedy tv series underway with Margot Robbie being the top candidate to return as the voice the title character.

GHOSTBUSTERS---director Paul Feig gave his explanation on why the all-female reboot movie wasn't a big success, “I think it kind of hampered us a little bit because the movie became so much of a cause. I think for some of our audience, they were like, ‘What the f***? We don’t wanna go to a cause. We just wanna watch a f***in’ movie.’ It was a great regret in my life that the movie didn’t do better, ’cause I really loved it. It’s not a perfect movie. None of my movies are perfect. I liked what we were doing with it. It was only supposed to be there to entertain people.”

SEX SCANDALS---Melissa Gilbert accused Oliver Stone of sexually harassing her when she auditioned for a role in THE DOORS, “Oh, f*ck it, it was Oliver Stone, and it was THE DOORS.” Gilbert said Stone wanted her to audition in a scene written just for her in which she said, "Do me, baby" while on her hands and knees. She added, “It was humiliating, it was horrifying, and he got me", and she left the room in tears. Meg Ryan got the role Gilbert auditioned for.
Brigitte Nielsen, ex-wife of Sylvester Stallone, said a then-16 year-old girl's accusations that Stallone forced her to perform oral sex on him and his bodyguard are not true because she was with him when the alleged incident occurred, "During the summer of 1986 we were newlyweds. I was inseparable with Sylvester when OVER THE TOP was being shot in Las Vegas. The story claims that at approximately 8:30 in the evening during the shoot of the movie the person claims she was in our suite at the Hilton Hotel."
CBS suspended Charlie Rose after eight women accused him of sexual assault while they were professionally associated with Rose from the 1990s to 2011. Rose allegedly groped their breasts, buttocks and genitals, walked nude in their presence and made lewd phone calls to them. Rose apologized for his behavior.

SHAFT---Alexandra Shipp (X-MEN: APOCALYPSE) is in talks to co-star in the sequel movie which stars Samuel L. Jackson, Richard Roundtree and Jesse T. Usher.

GANGS OF LONDON---Cinemax/Sky Atlantic/Gareth Edwards (ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY) tv series underway described as, “set in contemporary London as it is becoming torn apart by power struggles involving a number of international gangs. The series begins as the head of one criminal gang is assassinated and the power vacuum threatens the fragile peace between the other underworld organisations.”
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:12 pm

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 22

12 STRONG---new trailer and poster released for the Afghanistan war movie starring Chris Hemsworth and Michael Shannon.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxag9p-63RU&t=98s

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM---new teaser trailer released.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFwQvQ7iiGU

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---director Rian Johnson commented on a magazine cover showing Luke Skywalker with Leia and rumors that the two will reunite in THE LAST JEDI, “It’s nice seeing them on the cover though. Even if all we have is that."

JUSTICE LEAGUE---FORBES estimated the movie will have a $635 million gross which means Warner Bros. will lose $50 million-$100 million.

BLADE RUNNER 2049---director Denis Villeneuve commented ion the disappointing sequel, "I’m still digesting it. We had the best [critics’ reviews]. I’ve never had a movie welcomed like that. At the same time the box office in the United States was a disappointment, that’s true, because those movies are expensive. It will still make tons of money, but not enough. I think because maybe people were not familiar enough with the universe. And the fact that the movie’s long [2 hours, 44 minutes run time]…I don’t know. It’s still a mystery to me. I make movies – I don’t sell them.”
He added that he is, “at peace with is the fact that the hardcore fans that loved the first movie really welcomed this one… that for me means the world.”

GAME OF THRONES---Emilia Clarke defended the nude scenes in the series, “I’m starting to get really annoyed about this stuff now because people say, ‘Oh, yeah, all the porn sites went down when Game of Thrones came back on.’ I’m like, ‘The Handmaid’s Tale?’ I f**king love that show, and I cried when it ended because I couldn’t handle not seeing it. That is all sex and nudity. There are so many shows centered around this very true fact that people reproduce… People f**k for pleasure—it’s part of life.”

THE WALKING DEAD---the ratings slide continues as last week's episode was the lowest since Season 2 and is the biggest ratings drop in six years.

SEX SCANDALS---John Lasseter, co-founder of Pixar, took a six-month leave of absence after female employees complained of sexual harassment. One employee was told, “Just be warned, he likes to hug the pretty girls. He might try to kiss you on the mouth.” Another employee said her manager kept her out of meetings with Lasseter because, “John has a hard time controlling himself around young pretty girls.”
Scotland Yard is investigating a second allegation of sexual assault against Kevin Spacey which occurred in 2005 when he was artistic director of London's Old Vic theater.
Troubles continue for Charlie Rose after eight women accused him of sexual harassment: CBS fired Rose, three CBS female employees accused him of sexual harassment and PBS cancelled CHARLIE ROSE.

COMMUNITY---Dan Harmon said he's talking with the show's former producers, the Russo brothers (CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR) and former director, Justin Lin (FAST AND FURIOUS), about a movie based on the tv series, “Those are the kinds of guys, the Russos, plus Justin, plus a humble little me — maybe there is a way to secure the money and the momentum to make something happen. But fingers crossed — don’t want to jinx it.”

THE GOOD PLACE---NBC renewed the series for Season 3.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:17 pm

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 27

CAPTAIN MARVEL---Jude Law will co-star in the Brie Larson superhero movie as Dr. Walter Lawson.
Also, Ben Mendelsohn (ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY) commented on rumors that he will play Doctor Doom, “Doctor Doom is the greatest comic character of all time. That’s a great role. The thing that’s appealing about Victor is the damage and trauma, the loss of the family, the wrong done to him and then the takeover, the revenge, and then the protectiveness of Latveria wrapped in that Cold War vibe. There’s something about the combination of that. What actually makes him great is his caring bit.”

MASTER AND COMMANDER: FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD---Russell Crowe tweeted a second hint that a sequel to the 2003 movie might be in development, "For the Aubrey Maturin lovers , I do hear whispers indeed that a second voyage is perhaps potentially pre-proposed a possibility . So O’Brian affectionate’s and aficionados , let @20thcenturyfox know of your pleasure." Crowe's first hint was in 2010, but no other information about the sequel ever came up.

FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR---Neill Blomkamp posted a photo indicating that his OATS Studios will develop the remake of the 1986 sci fi movie.

DEATHSTROKE---Joe Manganiello released a photo of himself as Deathstroke who had a brief appearance in JUSTICE LEAGUE. Deathstroke might be in the villain in THE BATMAN, and a Deathstroke solo movie is in the early stages of development.

RENDLESHAM---British tv series underway based on the 1980 UFO incident known as "Britain's Roswell" in which RAF Bentwaters USAF deputy base commander Lt. Col. Charles Halt and several military police found a landed UFO in nearby Rendlesham Forest.

AVATAR---James Cameron gave details of Kate Winslet's role in the sequels, "She plays a character who’s part of the Sea People, the reef people."

THE WALKING DEAD---Lennie James confirmed his character, Morgan Jones, will be the crossover character with FEAR THE WALKING DEAD.

WORLD WAR Z 2---director David Fincher commented on the sequel's status, “We’re trying. A lot of stones have been laid. We’re just deconstructing it right now against the mythology that exists to see where we can go.”

WHAT WE LEFT BEHIND---Adam Nimoy, son of Leonard Nimoy, has left as director of the documentary about STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE. He will remain as a producer and advisor.

TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG---Nicolas Winding Refn announced the cast for his Amazon tv series about people who embark on “existential journeys from being killers to becoming samurai in the city of angels": Miles Teller, Billy Baldwin, John Hawkes and Jena Malone.

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: THE RETURN---Netflix renewed the series for Season 2.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:11 pm

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 28

THE LAST POST---trailer released for the Amazon series about Royal Military Police and their families in 1960s Aden and Yemen.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whu81LMZOpM

AERONAUTS---Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones are in talks to star in this movie set in 1862 where balloon pilot Amelia Wren and scientist James Glaisher embark on an epic open air balloon journey.

TERMINATOR---James Cameron commented on the new trilogy, “I just feel like the world we live in now is going to be very much defined by our co-evolution with our technology. While technology and innovation have this vast promise for our survival, it’s also an enormous threat, especially when it comes to strong [artificial intelligence] being coupled with weaponised robotics, and that’s all coming. It’s just a question of who gets there first, it’s gonna be the next big arms race, it’s gonna be like the next race to get the bomb.
And when you couple that with the kind of wired world that we live in, where we’ve basically given away our privacy and every single person walking around that’s got a smartphone is essentially a belled cat — a walking sensor platform that can be monitored from afar — it’s like we’re really on the cusp of an Orwellian Armageddon of inconceivable proportions. Therefore, I thought, hey, let’s make a movie about that. So it’s going to be a very cheerful and upbeat kind of film.”

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDEWALD---director David Yates defended hiring Johnny Depp after his ex-wife, Amber Heard, accused him of physically abusing her, “Honestly, there’s an issue at the moment where there’s a lot of people being accused of things, they’re being accused by multiple victims, and it’s compelling and frightening. With Johnny, it seems to me there was one person who took a pop at him and claimed something. I can only tell you about the man I see every day: He’s full of decency and kindness, and that’s all I see. Whatever accusation was out there doesn’t tally with the kind of human being I’ve been working with.”

MULTIPLE MAN---James Franco confirmed he's involved in the "Hard R", X-Men spinoff movie.

GAME OF THRONES---Danielle Galligan will play a character named Sarra in Season 8. This led to speculation that Sarra is Walder Frey's granddaughter who briefly appeared in Season 3.

SEX EDUCATION---Netflix dramedy series underway about a teenage boy, who is living with his sex therapist mother, who teams up with his bad-girl classmate to create an underground sex therapy clinic.

WISDOM OF THE CROWD---CBS did not order new episodes which indicates the series has been cancelled due to low ratings and the sexual harassment allegations against Jeremy Piven.

HEIST 88---Courtney B. Vance stars in this FX series about master criminal Armand Moore who persuaded four black employees of First National Bank of Chicago to loot $70 million in a bank wire heist.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News