[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:28 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:22 pm

MONDAY, OCTOBER 30

THE X-FILES---new trailer released for Season 11.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeNYjUdJymM

JUMANJI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE---new featurette released.

Featurette link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1H_kB_h4Ns

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---spoiler alert (see below).

GREATEST MOVIE CHARACTER---a TOTAL FILM fan poll listed the Greatest Movie Character of All Time. The top 25 out of 100 are:

1. Indiana Jones
2. Batman
3. Han Solo
4. Ellen Ripley
5. James Bond
6. Travis Bickle
7. Hannibal Lecter
8. Gandalf
9. The Joker
10. Princess Leia
11. Rocky Balboa
12. Sarah Connor
13. The Bride
14. Michael Corleone
15. Jules Winnfield
16. Tyler Durden
17. Maximus Decimus Meridius
18. Spider-Man
19. Harry Potter
20. R P McMurphy
21. Iron Man
22. Loki
23. Darth Vader
24. Gollum
25. The Dude

LETHAL WEAPON 5---the long-gestating fifth LETHAL WEAPON movie is back on track with Mel Gibson, Danny Glover and director Richard Donner reuniting for the Warner Bros. sequel. Channing Gibson (no relation) is the writer.

QUANTUM LEAP---creator Donald Bellisario said he finished the script for a QUANTUM LEAP reboot movie, “I just finished writing a QUANTUM LEAP feature. I don’t know what’s going to happen with it, but I did write it. I write things exactly the same way. I just start writing and I let them take me wherever it’s going to take me. I’m entertained the same way the audience is. So I just put Scott [Bakula] and Dean [Stockwell] in my head, kind of rebooted them, and went from there.”
Bellisario also commented on the controversial series finale which stated that Dr. Beckett never returned home, “It was a great episode. Last episodes are always controversial. I always say to writers, ‘If you want a challenge more than writing just an hour of television, write an hour of television that is the last hour of television that that show will ever have on; write it so that it could also come back next fall; write it so that it could possibly become a movie of the week; [and] write it so that it could still potentially be a feature film someday. And make everybody happy… If you go back and watch that episode, [Bellisario] checked off all those boxes.”
The original series ran on NBC from 1989-1993.

SHAZAM!---Zachary Levi (CHUCK) will star in the movie based on the DC Comics superhero. David F. Sandberg (LIGHTS OUT) is the director.

THE WALKING DEAD---Jeffrey Dean Morgan said Negan's past will be featured in Season 8, “There is a lot of Negan’s backstory out there. We haven’t filmed any of that, but there are conversations with a few characters where we’ll find out a little more about him. We’ll have some quieter moments this year, some one-on-one interactions where you’ll learn more about where he’s from. Even if you hate Negan, you’re gonna start to understand how he became the man that he is and why he does the things that he does.”
Morgan added that if Negan's wife, Lucille, appears in Season 8, he wants his wife, Hilarie Burton to play her, “If we ever film that, I would go with my wife. I’m gonna say her cause I’ll need a place to go after this is over. Hilarie read the comic books and is as much invested in it as we all are. She’s said, ‘Jeff, could you put in a word for me?'”

STAR WARS---Ahmed Best, who played the much-maligned Jar Jar Binks, tweeted that he has been forgotten in his and Jar Jar's contributions to motion capture performances, “I don’t know how to retweet this and not sound bitter, but I feel I have been forgotten. No disrespect to the great @andyserkis”.
He later added, “Thanks for the love today especially the Star Wars fans. Jar Jar is bigger than just me or my performance. As much as we actors are on the front line when it comes to the success or the failure of characters we play, what’s more important is the accomplishment of bringing the work to the screen.
Jar Jar helped create the workflow, iteration process and litmus test for all CGI characters to this day on some days the code was being written in real time as I was moving. To deny Jar Jar’s place in film history is to deny the hundreds of VFX technicians, animators, code writers and producers their respect."

KILLER 10---Phillip Noyce (PATRIOT GAMES) will direct this World War II movie about criminals being forced to embark on a suicide mission to destroy a deadly chemical weapon being developed by Germany and Japan.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM---Jeff Goldblum said his return as Dr. Ian Malcolm won't be a large part of the sequel, “It’s small. Who knows, they may cut me out entirely! But if I stay in I’ll be a sprig of parsley or a little garnish, hopefully with some impact!”

JAMES BOND---Christoph Waltz said he won't be returning as Ernst Stavro Blofeld for the 25th Bond movie, “No, I’m sorry. I’m really sad, but that’s the tradition, that there is a new…name. Sorry. I would’ve liked to.” The tradition is that no actor ever plays Blofeld more than once.

TRICK' R TREAT---director/writer Michael Dougherty said he's hoping to write a sequel after he finishes directing GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS, "It’s currently the first week of October, so obviously my mind is drifting back to it. I would love to finish writing it in post-production [of KING OF THE MONSTERS, and then I’d love to make it my next project. But we’ll see.”

LITTLE MONSTERS---Lupita Nyong'o, Josh Gad and Alexander England star in this Australian comedy zombie movie in which a teacher, a chaperone and a kids tv show celebrity must protect a kindergarten class after a zombie outbreak.
STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---Adam Driver commented on Rey's parentage, "You have, also, the hidden identity of this princess who's hiding who she really is so she can survive and Kylo Ren and her hiding behind these artifices."
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:12 pm

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 31

STRANGER THINGS---spoiler alert (see below).

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---an inside source claims that Ron Howard reshot "nearly all" of the movie that had been filmed by fired directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller. Another source said, "We're hearing that [Howard] reshot potentially 80 percent or more of the movie." The reshoots doubled the movie's original budget. THE FORCE AWAKENS' budget was $245 million.

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---an official Japanese poster shows Luke Skywalker with his old lightsaber.
Also, Mark Hamill said he thought Harrison Ford would not return for THE FORCE AWAKENS because, "He’s too old and too rich and too cranky.” But after Ford did sign for the sequel, Hamill did, too, “Can you imagine if I was the only one to say no? I’d be the most hated man in nerd-dom,”

THE PREDATOR---Thomas Jane gave details about the latest movie which involves a group of veterans on a bus who are suffering from PTSD, “We play these veterans from like Afghanistan, Iraq war or whatever. But we’re all f—ing crazy so we go to the VA hospital to get our meds. We’re all like shellshocked, PTSD…soldiers.”
Then Boyd Holbrook’s character is put on the bus, “He’s a guy they’ve actually marked to kill him because he’s seen a UFO, he’s seen the Predator ships come down so they lock him up and throw him in with us lunatics. They’re going to take that bus, drive it down to a ditch and shoot us all just to get rid of this one guy.
But, of course, we take the bus over and we’re all like ‘f— that man, let’s go kill these f—ing Predators ourselves’ and we’re just crazy enough to believe that this guy really did see a UFO and there’s these aliens out there.”

HOUSE OF CARDS---Netflix announced the series will end after Season 6 after sexual assault allegations were made against Kevin Spacey. One source said the series was originally planned for six seasons. Three spinoff series are being considered, including one focused on Doug Stamper.

MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE---Tessa Thompson said she and other MCU actresses asked Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige to consider an all-female MCU movie, “I think in that group was Brie Larson, myself, Zoe Saldana...Scarlett Johansson. Pom [Klementieff] and Karen [Gillan], who are both in the Guardians movies...We were just sort of all in a semicircle talking, and it just came up, because none of us really worked together...and wouldn’t it be nice if we could all work together?
And we were sort of speculating on they ways in which it might happen in INFINITY WAR, or might not happen. And we thought, ‘No, we should just have a whole movie where we know every day we’re going to arrive and get to work together.’ So we just ran right up to Kevin Feige and started talking about it.”

JOHN DeLOREAN---Alec Baldwin and Morena Baccarin (GOTHAM, FIREFLY) will star in the untitled documentary biomovie about the famous automaker and his exotic sports car. Baccarin will play DeLorean's wife, model/actress Cristina Ferrare.

PET SEMETARY---Kevin Kolsch and Dennis Widmeyer will direct the remake of the 1989 horror movie based on the Stephen King novel.

GOTHAM---Peyton List (MAD MEN) will play Poison Ivy.

SNOW BLIND---Fox is developing a tv series based on the graphic novel.

BLAIR WITCH PROJECT---co-creator Eduardo Sanchez said there's a possibility that a tv series based on the movie could be developed.
STRANGER THINGS---executive producer Shawn Levy commented on Dr. Brenner, “Whether or not people feel that episode was entirely successful, the Duffers want to take some swings, and they know that they’re not gonna please everybody. But that feeling of the world getting a bit bigger especially coupled with the fact that it now seems clear that Brenner is alive, Brenner is out there.”
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:37 pm

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 1

I, TONYA---red band trailer released for the biomovie about Olympic figure skater Tonya Harding starring Margot Robbie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuDQOMICfr0

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---a new international poster hints that Luke Skywalker will cross over to the Dark Side.

BLADE RUNNER---Michael Deeley, co-producer of the original 1982 movie, commented on the disappointing box office of the sequel which he hasn't seen yet, “The picture is very long. It must have been cut-able and should have been. They can’t do better [box office] because they can’t play it more than three times a day because it’s just too long, which is of course self-indulgent at the very least, arrogant probably. It’s criminal.”
He also attributed the original film's disappointing box office to fellow producers Bud Yorkin and Jerry Perenchio, “The film didn’t catch fire for ten years so I couldn’t have made a remake or another version of it and I wouldn’t have wanted to anyway. One of the things that spelt doom straight away was when Perenchio decided that he wanted to release the picture quickly to get his money back quickly. That was ignorant and naive. The only time this picture could ever be released sensibly was in the late autumn or in the winter when you could have capitalised on award nominations. Instead, they decided to do it in summer, opposite another little known sci-fi movie – a picture called ET. I wouldn’t talk to Bud Yorkin or Perenchio or have anything to do with them for the rest of my life.”

BRETT RATNER---director Ratner (X-MEN: THE LAST STANDING, RUSH HOUR) is the latest Hollywood celebrity to be accused of sexual harassment. Six women, including Olivia Munn (X-MEN: APOCALYPSE) and Natasha Henstridge (SPECIES) came forth with accusations against Ratner. Munn said Ratner masturbated in front of her while eating shrimp cocktail in his trailer, "He walked out ... with his belly sticking out, no pants on, shrimp cocktail in one hand and he was furiously masturbating in the other. And before I literally could even figure out where to escape or where to look, he ejaculated." Henstridge said Ratner forced her to perform oral sex on him in his apartment when she was 19 years old, “He strong-armed me in a real way. He physically forced himself on me. At some point, I gave in and he did his thing.” Ratner's attorney denied the allegations.
Warner Bros. is reviewing its production deal with Ratner after the accusations were made.

WISDOM OF THE CROWD---CBS is "looking into" allegations by Playboy Playmate/actress Ariane Bellamar that Jeremy Piven sexually assaulting her on the set of ENTOURAGE and in the Playboy Mansion by tweeting, "Hey @jeremypiven! ‘Member when you cornered me in your trailer on the #Entourage set? ‘Member grabbing my boobies on the [deleted] without asking??" and, "‘Member when I tried to leave; you grabbed me by the ass, looked at yourself in the mirror, & said what a ‘beautiful couple’ we made?" Piven denied the accusations.

THE WALKING DEAD---Season 8's latest episode had 8.9 million viewers which is the lowest audience since a Season 2 episode which had 12.4 million viewers.

EXTREMELY WICKED, SHOCKINGLY EVIL AND VILE---Zac Efron and Lily Collins star in this biomovie about infamous serial killer Ted Bundy who confessed to murdering 30 women.

BLACK ADAM---Adam Sztykiel (UNDATEABLE) is in talks to write the script for the Dwayne Johnson movie.

THE ROMANOFFS---Amazon/Matthew Weiner (MAD MEN) eight episode anthology series about people who think they are descendants of the Russian royal family. Diane Lane, Aaron Eckhart, Isabella Hupert, Jack Huston, Marthe Keller, Corey Stoll and Christina Hendricks star.

THE X-FILES---Haley Joel Osment (THE SIXTH SENSE) will appear in an episode which focuses on the past of Walter Skinner.

VESTIGE---Mickey Rourke, Analeigh Tipton and Anne Heche star in this sci fi movie about a figure skater who must compete against androids in the Winter Olympics.

GEORGETOWN---Vanessa Redgrave, Christoph Waltz and Annette Bening star in this movie based on the true story of Albrecht Muth who murdered his much-older Washington, DC socialite wife.

7500---Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars in this movie about an airliner co-pilot on an international flight who fights off and then negotiates with armed terrorists to save the passengers. He replaces Paul Dano who had a schedule conflict.

CURVATURE---Linda Hamilton, Lyndsy Fonseca and Glenn Morshower star in this sci fi movie about an engineer who travels back in time to prevent her from committing a murder.

THE PAPER BAG PRINCESS---Margot Robbie and Elizabeth Banks will star in this Universal Pictures movie based on the children's book about a princess who must rescue a prince from a dragon.

HOCUS POCUS---Bette Midler commented on the Disney Channel remake of her 1993 movie, “I know it’s cheap. It’s going to be cheap! I’m not sure what they’re going to do with my character. My character is very, very broad and I don’t know who they’re going to find to play that.” She also said about a possible cameo on the remake, “No, no no!”.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:32 pm

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 2

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---new tv spot showing Luke Skywalker on the Millennium Falcon was released.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4CB5SeBGkI

Also, creature designer Neal Scanlan revealed a new creature in THE LAST JEDI, “Fathiers have the power and majestic quality that one might find in a male lion and also beauty in their equine aspects. They’re racing creatures, with bets placed upon them, and are subjected to slightly cruel treatment. We knew any version of those in a wide shot would be CG but we produced a real-scale practical version for the first encounter with a Fathier, so it was able to look over the stable door and Finn could touch and act with it. They’re amazing creatures.”
Also, the WALL STREET JOURNAL reports that Walt Disney Pictures has set lucrative rules for theaters showing THE LAST JEDI. Disney will get 65% of tickets sales instead of the usual 55%, the theater must show the sequel for at least four weeks and if it isn't shown at all screenings without Disney's permission, Disney will get 70% of ticket sales.

STAR WARS---Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy commented on the future of the franchise, “We’re sitting down now, we’re talking about the next ten years of Star Wars stories and we’re looking at narratively where that might go; future stories beyond Episode 9, with these new characters, Rey, Poe, Finn, BB-8, but we’re also looking at working with people that are interested in coming into the Star Wars world and taking us to places that we haven’t been yet, and that’s exciting too because it’s a vast galaxy far, far away… The possibilities are endless.”
Rumors say possible spinoff movies include Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Boba Fett and Jabba the Hutt.

SEX SCANDALS---a woman accused Dustin Hoffman of sexually harassing her during the making of the 1985 tv movie DEATH OF A SALESMAN. Anna Graham Hunter, a production assistant for the tv movie, said Hoffman attempted to grope her four times. When she went to his dressing room to get his lunch order, Hoffman said, “I’ll have a hard-boiled egg … and a soft-boiled clitoris."
She added, “His entourage burst out laughing. I left, speechless. Then I went to the bathroom and cried."
Also, Playboy has put Brett Ratner's Hugh Hefner biomovie on hold pending a review of sexual harassment charges made against Ratner by six women including Olivia Munn and Natasha Henstridge. Also, Jared Leto's representative denied Leto was going to star in the biomovie, “[Leto] is not and was not attached to a Brett Ratner-directed Hugh Hefner film, nor will he be working with him in the future.”
Warner Bros. has ended its business with Ratner following the accusations and has cancelled his movie, THE GOLDFINCH, based on the novel.

FAST AND FURIOUS 9---Tyrese Gibson posted he won't return as Roman Pearce for the ninth movie in the franchise if Dwayne Johnson also returns, "Hello world.......... hello loyal fans and loved ones from OUR fast universe........ I’m sorry to announce that if Dewayne is in Fast9 there will no more Roman Peirce - You mess with family and my daughters survival I mess with yours......... close your eyes dude you’re a “Clown”...... #CandyAssBitchMade All my real one.... Men on integrity... my real ones out here stand UP...... folks that GP to the gym and get big naturally #NoJuice #NoOJ spin off huh? Spin off these nuts selfish champ...... pause notice who’s got his arms around my shoulder and who’s standing alone - #OurChildrenMatter"
Gibson is angry because the ninth movie was delayed by a spinoff movie starring Johnson.

GRANT---Ulysses S. Grant biomovie underway based on the biography GRANT. Leonardo DiCaprio is a co-producer.

THE BOMBING---Bruce Willis and Fan Bingbing (X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST) star and Mel Gibson is the creative adviser/art director in this the World War II movie about a US fighter pilot who volunteers to help China during the infamous Japanese bombing of Chongqing which lasted from 1938-1943.

RISE OF THE LIVING DEAD---Cameron Romero, son of George A. Romero, is developing a prequel to his father's 1968 NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. Set in the 1960s at the height of the Cold War, Dr. Ryan Cartwright heads a military-funded project to help mankind survive a nuclear holocaust which leads to the zombie plague.

THE WALKING DEAD---WWE wrestler Matt Morgan said he was supposed to play Abraham Ford, but Michael Cudlitz got the role, “I auditioned for that part [Abraham] and I was all but told that it was mine. So I got bitchy about it and refused to watch because I didn’t get it. I was at my brother’s house in Boston, supposed to be there for the holidays and I didn’t pay attention to anybody because I was supposed to be memorizing my scripts and then, at the last second, they pulled the carpet out from underneath me.”

CHARLES MANSON---Quentin Tarantino has reportedly written a role for Leonardo DiCaprio in his untitled movie about the infamous 1969 Manson murders whose victims included Sharon Tate, wife of Roman Polanski.

ROALD DAHL---Rebecca Ferguson (MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE-ROGUE NATION) is in talks to play Patricia Neal in the untitled biomovie about author Roald Dahl (Hugh Bonneville) and Neal based on the biography AN UNQUIET LIFE.

FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL---Hulu tv series underway based on the 1994 movie that starred Andie McDowell and Hugh Grant. Mindy Kaling is the producer/writer.

ME, MYSELF & I---CBS has pulled the sitcom from its schedule.

24---Fox is developing a new spinoff anthology series which “centers on a female prosecutor who uncovers a legal conspiracy and has to work against the clock to save a death row inmate facing imminent execution whom she had helped prosecute but may be innocent.”

MODERN FAMILY---Sarah Hyland confirmed her character, Haley Dunphy, is bisexual.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:25 pm

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3

THE VOYEUR'S MOTEL---trailer released for the Netflix documentary which focuses on Gay Talese's book about a man who built a motel so he could watch people having sex.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccO63Fn7zt4

HOUSE OF CARDS---the Kevin Spacey sex scandal grows as Netflix suspended filming amidst accusations by eight male crew members who claim they were repeatedly sexually accosted by Spacey. The accusations included “nonconsensual touching and crude comments and targeted production staffers who were typically young and male”. Staci Wolfe, Spacey's representative, said Spacey is currently undergoing undisclosed treatment and that she and the CAA agency have terminated their relationship with the actor. Netflix has arranged for an “anonymous complaint hotline, crisis counselors, and sexual harassment legal advisers for the crew" who were accosted by Spacey.
Other scandal fallout includes Sony Pictures cancelling its Academy Awards Best Supporting Actor campaign for Spacey who plays billionaire J. Paul Getty in Ridley Scott's ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD.
Scotland Yard is investigating an accusation that Spacey sexually assaulted a young man in London in 2008.
Spacey's brother, Randall Fowler, a Rod Stewart impersonator and limo driver, said he and Spacey were sexually abused by their father when they were young. Fowler said their father was a Nazi who made himself to look like Adolf Hitler.

THE SHAPE OF WATER---Guillermo del Toro said his THE SHAPE OF WATER, in which a woman falls in love with an amphibious monster, is inspired by the classic 1954 Universal Pictures monster movie CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, “The creature was the most beautiful design I’d ever seen, and I saw him swimming under Julie Adams, and I loved that the creature was in love with her, and I felt an almost existential desire for them to end up together. Of course, it didn’t happen.” In his younger days, del Toro wanted to film a remake, “I went to Universal and I said, ‘Can we do the movie from the point of view of the creature?’ They didn’t go for it. I said, ‘I think they should end up together.’ They didn’t go for that, either.”

ALIEN---Ridley Scott said HR Giger's classic Alien won't be featured in future movies because of over-exposure, “But I think the beast has almost run out, personally. You’ve got to come in with something else. You’ve got to replace that. And so I was right, I was ahead of the game.” Scott said future sequels, if any are made, will focus on David and artificial intelligence.

DOMINO---Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Carice Van Houten and Guy Pearce star in this Brian De Palma movie about a Copenhagen cop who teams up with his partner's mistress to find the partner's killer which leads him to the CIA and ISIS.

THE TWILIGHT ZONE---Jordan Peele (GET OUT) is developing a new reboot of the classic Rod Serling series for CBS All Access.

THE ORVILLE---Fox renewed the series for Season 2.

SHAZAM!---Mark Strong (TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY) is in talks to play villain Dr. Sivana.

RESISTANCE---Jesse Eisenberg stars in this biomovie about mime Marcel Marceau who was a member of the French Resistance in World War II.

WESTWORLD---Ben Barnes confirmed Logan is returning for Season 2.

MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE---Laurence Fishburne said he's involved in a secret Marvel project, “I’ve got black-ish going on, I’m developing something else for Marvel that I can’t talk about. It’s gonna be really cool. It’s gonna change the world, we hope (laughs)."

THE BOUNCER---Jean-Claude Van Damme stars in this movie about a nightclub bouncer who is in prison and his daughter is taken by social services. Interpol recruits him to take down a Dutch criminal in exchange for his regaining custody of his daughter.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:51 pm

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 6

POTTERSVILLE---trailer released for the comedy Bigfoot movie starring Michael Shannon.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzqXv__fom0

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---Amazon is in early talks with Warner Bros. and the JRR Tolkien estate to develop a tv series based on the book series. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos reportedly came up with the concept and is "personally involved in the negotiations".

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---Mark Hamill commented on reports that the sequel will have Luke Skywalker cross over to the Dark Side, “In STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, Luke has lost confidence in his ability to make good choices. It haunts him to the core. But he hasn’t gone to the Dark Side. This isn’t an evil version of him. But it’s still an incarnation of the character I never expected. It has pulled me out of my comfort zone. It’s a real challenge.”

HOUSE OF CARDS---Netflix fired star/producer Kevin Spacey from the series after numerous allegations about sexual assaults by male crew members.The series might continue with Spacey's character being killed off. Netflix also will not release Spacey's nearly-completed biomovie GORE, about author Gore Vidal.

IT---Jessica Chastain confirmed she's in talks to play the grown-up Beverly in the sequel.

LITTLE DRUMMER GIRL---BBC/AMC six-part miniseries underway based on the John le Carre novel with Florence Pugh (LADY MacBETH) starring. Park Chan-wook (OLDBOY) is the director. The 1984 movie based on the novel starred Diane Keaton and was directed by George Roy Hill (BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID).

DARK PARADISE---Paul Haggis (MILLION DOLLAR BABY, CRASH) and Hawaiian actress/writer Malea Rose are developing this miniseries based on the book HONOR KILLING about the 1931 incident in which a white socialite and wife of a Navy officer falsely accused five Hawaiians of raping her. When the trial ended in a hung jury, the Navy officer and mother of the woman murdered one of the defendants and were defended by Clarence Darrow in his last case.

RED SONJA---the reboot of the 1985 movie is being fast-tracked. The original movie starred Brigitte Nielsen and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

TREMORS---Michael Gross posted he won't be returning for the Syfy series starring Kevin Bacon, "For Tremors fans who have been asking, ‘Will Kevin Bacon return to do the films?’ or ‘Is your Burt Gummer character going to be in Kevin’s series?’ I think we can say with a good deal of certainty that the answer to both questions is no. The series is currently shooting in and around Albuquerque, New Mexico, and I have no other details. If Burt Gummer appears, [he] will be played by another [actor].”

THE SILVER CHAIR---the movie based on the fourth CHRONICLES OF NARNIA is underway. Director Joe Johnston (THE ROCKETEER) said he will be retiring after its completion.

THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE---Annabeth Gish (THE X-FILES) will play caretaker Mrs. Dudley in the Netflix series based on the haunted house novel. Carla Gugino, Michael Huisman and Timothy Hutton also star. The 1963 Robert Wise movie, THE HAUNTING, based on the novel starred Julie Harris, and the 1999 remake starred Liam Neeson.

BANKING ON MR. TOAD---Lena Headey (GAME OF THRONES) is in talks to co-star in this biomovie about WIND AND THE WILLOWS author Kenneth Grahame. Heady will play Grahame's wife, Elsie, and Toby Kebbell (DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES) will play Grahame.

KRYPTON---Paula Malcomson (RAY DONOVAN) will play Charys and Blake Ritson (DA VINCI'S DEMONS) will play Brainiac in the Syfy prequel series.

MSU: MOTORCYCLE SPECIALTY UNIT---NBC tv series about an elite LAPD motorcycle unit is underway. Josh Duhamel is the executive producer.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:45 pm

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7

Academy Awards---the Hollywood sex scandals continue as two online petitions demand that the Academy Awards ban Casey Affleck from being a presenter at the 2018 Academy Awards. Two female crew members accused Affleck of sexual harassment during the filming of I'M STILL HERE.
At the 2017 Oscars, Brie Larson presented Affleck an Oscar for Best Actor in MANCHESTER BY THE SEA, but she refused to clap. She commented on the perceived slight, "I think that whatever it was that I did onstage kind of spoke for itself. I’ve said all that I need to say about that topic."
A tongue-in-cheek online petition wants Netflix to replace Kevin Spacey with Kevin James on HOUSE OF CARDS.

WESTWORLD---Evan Rachel Wood tweeted that Season 2 will premiere in, "Spring 2018".

TRUE HISTORY OF THE KELLY GANG---George McKay, Russell Crowe, Nicholas Hoult and Essie Davis star in this movie based on the novel about the notorious 19th century Australian bushranger Ned Kelly. A 1970 movie, NED KELLY, starred Mick Jagger.

THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS---Jodie Foster said three candidates to play Dr. Hannibal Lecter were Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Dustin Hoffman. She said director Jonathan Demme chose Englishman Anthony Hopkins because, “Lecter is a manipulator and has a way of using language to keep people at bay … you wanted to see that Shakespearean monster. That’s why we jumped the pond.”

WALT DISNEY COMPANY---Walt Disney Company's bid to buy 21st Century Fox has fallen through. 21st Century includes 20th Century Fox, Fox Television, FX, National Geographic, Star and Sky. If the deal had been successful, Disney would have acquired rights to ALIEN, PREDATOR, PLANET OF THE APES, DIE HARD, AVATAR, X-MEN, FANTASTIC FOUR and other film franchises.

SPIDER-MAN---JK Simmons commented about returning as newspaper editor J. Jonah Jameson in a future sequel, “I never say never. I mean, you know, obviously I had an amazing time with Sam Raimi on those movies, and Tobey [Maguire] and everybody. That was a great great time, and huge for my career and my life, and just pure fun. If there were an opportunity to revisit that…. I don’t know, though… how old is Spider-Man going to be if J. Jonah Jameson is this old?”

SHAZAM!---Asher Angel will play Billy Batson in the movie.

CREED 2---UFC fighter Sage Northcutt said he auditioned for the role of Ivan Drago's (Dolph Lundgren) son in the sequel.

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW---John Noble (FRINGE) will provide the voice for Mallus.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:15 pm

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8

THE POST---trailer released for the Steven Spielberg movie about THE WASHINGTON POST publishing The Pentagon Papers. Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep star.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrXlY6gzTTM

DARK UNIVERSE---Alex Kurtzman and Chris Morgan, the creators of the Universal Pictures Dark Universe monster reboots, are no longer involved and have gone on to other projects. Kurtzman directed THE MUMMY, the disappointing Tom Cruise reboot movie that launched the Dark Universe. THE MUMMY's poor box office and the two departures have left the future of the Dark Universe in doubt.
Universal's production president Peter Cramer said, “We’ve learned many lessons throughout the creative process on Dark Universe so far, and we are viewing these titles as filmmaker-driven vehicles, each with their own distinct vision. We are not rushing to meet a release date and will move forward with these films when we feel they are the best versions of themselves.”

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---Sean Astin commented on the proposed Amazon tv series based on the book/movie series, "I’ve been saying for 15 years…maybe like 12 years after LORD OF THE RINGS came out, that it would get remade. And people always said, ‘Oh no, it’ll never get remade! It’s a classic! They could never top it!’ And I’m like, ‘No, it’ll get remade. It’s a massive story! The characters are so beloved.'”
Astin suggested his own plot for the tv series, “The Mines of Moria are referred to a lot in LORD OF THE RINGS. And I guess in the HOBBIT trilogy, you spent a little bit of time with them, but the culture of the dwarves in the mines… I would love to see like five hours of that.”

GAME OF THRONES---Ellie Kendrick said her character, Meera Reed, probably is not returning, “Not as far as I know. I don’t know. It’s funny because I always get asked, ‘What’s going to happen? Are you in it?’ Genuinely the truth is I don’t know.
I wait for the phone to ring and then I find out, but it hasn’t rung so I don’t know. I’ll find out whether I am or not at some point, but for now I haven’t been notified so I’m yet to discover.”

MILE 22---Mark Wahlberg, John Malkovich, Lauren Cohan and Ronda Rousey star in this movie described as, “...the story of an elite American intelligence officer who, when aided by a top-secret tactical command unit, tries to smuggle a mysterious police officer with sensitive information out of the country.” Peter Berg (LONE SURVIVOR) is the director.

SUICIDE SQUAD 2---inside sources say Dwayne Johnson will make his debut as Black Adam in the sequel.

THE APPEARANCE---movie underway based on the sci fi short story about human-like aliens who mysteriously appear on Earth.

CRUSHERS CLUB---NBC/Vin Diesel boxing tv series set in a struggling boxing gym.

CAROL BURNETT 50TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW---Kevin Spacey was cut from the CBS special due to his ongoing sex scandal. Vicki Lawrence, Lyle Waggoner, Bernadette Peters, Jay Leno, Martin Short and Jim Carrey will appear.

A DOG'S WAY HOME---Ashley Judd, Alexandra Shipp, Edward James Olmos and Wes Studi star in this movie based on the book about a dog who embarks on a 400 mile journey to reunite with its master, a VA volunteer.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:54 pm

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9

MOSAIC---trailer released for the HBO/Steven Soderbergh miniseries which allows the viewer, “to choose what point-of-view from which to follow the story and to, in effect, build their own experience from the material Soderbergh and [writer Ed] Solomon created.”

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUdbzRifJ2E

ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD---the Kevin Spacey sex scandal fallout continues. Christopher Plummer will replace Spacey in Ridley Scott's movie about the kidnapping of J. Paul Getty III, the grandson of billionaire J. Paul Getty. The movie had been completed so all of Spacey's scenes will be reshot with Plummer. Scott originally wanted Plummer to play the role, but Sony Pictures wanted an actor with more appeal which led to Spacey getting the role.
In other Hollywood sex scandal news, actor Dominick Brascia, a friend of the late actor Corey Haim, said Charlie Sheen, then 19 years old, seduced Haim, then 13, when they were filming the movie LUCAS in 1986, "[Haim] told me they smoked pot and had sex. He said they had anal sex. Haim said after it happened Sheen became very cold and rejected him. When Corey wanted to fool around again, Charlie was not interested." Sheen's representative denied the accusations.
Amazon is investigating sexual harassment charges against TRANSPARENT star Jeffrey Tambor made by Van Barnes, Tambor's transgender former assistant. Tambor denied the accusations. Barnes previously worked as a high-end transgender escort and dominatrix.
Robert Knepper (PRISON BREAK) was accused of sexually assaulting costume designer Susan Bertram during filming of the 1991 movie GAS FOOD LODGING. Bertram said Knepper "jumped up,” reached under her dress and grabbed her crotch “as hard as he could", shoved her against the wall and said “I’m going to f*ck your brains out.” Bertram's then-assistant, Dominique DuBois, confirmed the assault.

GLASS---photo released of Samuel L. Jackson returning in M. Night Shyamalan's sequel to UNBROKEN and SPLIT.

JAMES BOND---Monica Belluci commented on rumors that she is returning for the 25th Bond movie, "I can't say anything."

DOCTOR WHO---official photo released of Jodie Whitaker in her new costume. Also, Steven Moffat commented on why Eric Roberts, who played the Master in the 1996 tv movie that was a pilot for a US version of DOCTOR WHO, was never invited back for the role, “I like that TV movie and I liked him as the Master, I thought he was funny. But he’s not part… and sometimes this just happens… he’s not part, somehow, of anyone’s pantheon of Doctor Who. Not because he didn’t do well – he did do it well – and not because that film isn’t good – it is quite good – it’s just not really there.”

THE WALKING DEAD---Season 8's midseason finale on December 10 will be 88 minutes long instead of the usual 60 minutes.

THE SILVER CHAIR---Millie Bobby Brown (STRANGER THINGS) has reportedly been offered the lead role of Jill Pole in the latest movie from THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA books.

CRATER---Shawn Levy (NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM) will direct this 20th Century Fox sci fi movie set on a lunar mining colony in which a boy and his friends embark on a journey to inspect a mysterious crater.

METAL GEAR SOLID---Derek Connolly (JURASSIC WORLD) will rewrite the script for the movie based on the video game.

THE GOOD COP---Netflix cop series starring Tony Danza and Josh Groban in which a disgraced ex-NYPD cop and his son, a model NYPD detective, team up to solve crimes.

SHAMELESS---Showtime renewed the series for Season 9.

DYNASTY---CW gave a full-season order for the reboot series.

ULTIMATE BEASTMASTER---Netflix renewed the series for Season 2.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:43 pm

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10

HOSTILES---trailer released for the Western movie starring Christian Bale and Rosamund Pike.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M5cj4UmscE

THE SHAPE OF WATER---new trailer released for the Guillermo del Toro monster movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWLU8FNQEHs

GAME NIGHT---trailer released for the comedy movie starring Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90a88XoQA8I

STAR WARS---Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy announced Rian Johnson (THE LAST JEDI) will develop a new STAR WARS movie trilogy, “We all loved working with Rian on ‘The Last Jedi. He’s a creative force, and watching him craft ‘The Last Jedi’ from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”
The new trilogy is “separate from the episodic Skywalker saga” and “will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored“. It will premiere after 2020.
Also, Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger announced a new STAR WARS live-action tv series will premiere on Disney's upcoming subscription streaming service, along with a MONSTERS, INC. tv series and a new Marvel tv series. Iger said about the price, “plan on the Disney side is to price [our streaming service] substantially below where Netflix is.” The new streaming service will debut in 2019.

DEADPOOL 2---Ryan Reynolds released the poster from a special issue of GOOD HOUSEKEEPING that features the sequel.

JAMES BOND---director Denis Villeneuve (ARRIVAL, BLADE RUNNER 2049) said he won't be able to direct the 25th Bond movie because he is concentrating on the remake of DUNE,
"Daniel Craig is a very inspiring actor and I had some contact and the thing is that I’m busy right now doing DUNE. But, I will say to have the privilege to work with him it would be a dream. I would love to work with Daniel and a Bond movie for me would be a treat. It’s a matter of timing, I guess.”

SEX SCANDALS---MAD MEN creator Matthew Weiner was accused of sexual harassment by former co-writer Kater Gordon, "He told me that I owed it to him to let him see me naked." After co-winning an Emmy, Weiner fired Gordon, "He told me I was terrible at everything. From my work in the writers room to on set." Weiner denied the allegation.
Dutch model/actress Faviola Dadis accused Steven Seagal of sexually assaulting her during a "romantic scene" audition for a movie in 2002, “I expressed that I was uncomfortable with that especially since I was in my bikini. And then he started pinching my nipples and grabbing my crotch area with his other hand. I quickly yelled ‘This audition is over!'”
Louis C.K.'s movie, I LOVE YOU, DADDY, will not be released after a NEW YORK TIMES story in which five women claim he masturbated in front of them without their consent. HBO has ended its ties with him, and FX is reviewing it dealings with the comedian/producer.

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---Chapter 2 will premiere on January 7.

GAME OF THRONES---Jason Momoa posted that he spent time with his fellow cast members in Belfast where filming is underway which led to fan speculation he is returning for a cameo.

THE COMEBACK---Sony Pictures movie underway based on the time travel comic book. Nacho Vigalondo (COLOSSAL) is the writer/director. Robert Kirkman is the producer.

LET HER SPEAK---Sandra Bullock stars in this movie about Texas legislator Wendy Davis whose 11-hour filibuster ended a state anti-abortion bill in the state legislature.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News