[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:15 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:10 pm

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4

THE WALKING DEAD---new trailer released for the return of the series.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DF_9V0fz4M

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK---Leigh Whannell (UPGRADE) will write the script for the 20th Century Fox remake of the 1981 John Carpenter cult classic movie.

DUNE---Javier Bardem is in talks to play Stilgar in the Denis Villeneuve remake movie.

BLACK FILES---Mel Gibson and Tye Sheridan will star in this movie based on the novel about a veteran paramedic and a novice paramedic in Harlem in the 1990s.

SPIDERHEAD---Netflix movie underway based on the futuristic short story where convicts volunteer for medical experiments in exchange for shorter sentences. One convict's experiment causes him to develop emotions including love. Joseph Kosinski (TRON: LEGACY) is the director. Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (DEADPOOL) are the writers.

DEEPER---Idris Elba is in talks to replace Bradley Cooper in this movie about a disgraced astronaut and deep sea diver who discovers a deep sea trench which contains contains something horrifying. Max Landis is the writer.

RUSH HOUR 4---Chris Tucker said the third sequel is in development, "We're working on a few things on the script right now, so we're trying to get into production. But we're working on it and trying to get it going. Jackie Chan wants to do it, I want to do it, [the] studio wants to do it, so we're trying to get it together."

DR. RAPP---Netflix movie underway about Beverly Hills neurologist Dr. Sherman Hershfield who suffered a stroke which caused him to speak in rhymes and led to his new career as rapper Dr. Rapp.

HORIZON LINE---movie underway about an estranged couple in a Cessna who must keep their airplane flying after the pilot suffers a fatal heart attack. Allison Williams and Alexander Dreymon star. Josh Campbell and Matt Stuecken (10 CLOVERFIELD LANE) are the writers.

DEAD OR ALIVE---Netflix movie underway about the two men who developed Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Jose Padilha (NARCOS) is the director.

GOSSIP GIRL---CW head Mark Pedowitz said there are talks underway to reboot the tv series.

TRAVELERS---Netflix cancelled the series.

ZOOTOPIA--voice actor Tommy Lister said Walt Disney Animation Studios is developing two sequels to the 2016 animated movie.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
In TOMORROW NEVER DIES, Daphne Deckers played Bond Villain Elliot Carver's PR head. Deckers is married to Wimbledon champion Richard Krajicek. She was born in Nijmegen, the oldest city in the Netherlands which was made famous in the movie/book A BRIDGE TOO FAR in which 82nd Airborne Division paratroopers seized a key bridge during Operation Market Garden, the Allied invasion of Holland in World War II.

In TOMORROW NEVER DIES, Daphne Deckers appeared with Pierce Brosnan.

Deckers is married to Wimbledon champion Richard Krajicek.

Deckers was born in Nijmegen, the oldest city in the Netherlands and the city made famous in the movie/book A BRIDGE TOO FAR in which Robert Redford played the commander who led paratroopers to seize a key bridge in Nijmegen during Operation Market Garden, the Allied invasion of Holland in World War II.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:44 pm

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 5

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---a source claims Kylo Ren will encounter a new threat from a mysterious area in EPISODE IX, "it was really important that the Knights of Ren have returned from The Beyond."

GAME OF THRONES---the prequel pilot will start filming in early summer. HBO head Casey Bloys said the series will premiere at least one year after GAME OF THRONES ends.

SAS: RED NOTICE---Sam Heughan, Tom Wilkinson, Andy Serkis and Ruby Rose star in this movie based on the novel about criminals who hijack the Eurostar high-speed train, intend to blow up the passage under the English Channel and kill the 400 hostages. One of the passengers, SAS soldier Tom Buckingham, must foil the criminals.

THE WALKING DEAD---AMC renewed the series for Season 10.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3---Taika Waititi said he is not directing VOL. 3, but he is interested in another Marvel movie, “Nope. Not doing that movie. I’m hanging out with [Marvel] still. Talking about new stuff, but I don’t know what that might be yet. I want to do another movie with them. I didn’t really [meet about this]. For me, those are James [Gunn]’s films. Going into something like that with his stamp all over his films would be like going into someone’s house and saying ‘Hey, I’m your new dad, and this is how we make peanut butter sandwiches now.’ It feels kind of awkward.”

WOLVERINE--producer Lauren Shuler Donner said the Wolverine role will be recast for future movies and agreed with Hugh Jackman that he would not return as Wolverine, "Yes, because Hugh, just the physicality of it all, just to bulk up. This man worked so hard to bulk up, would get up at four in the morning to bulk and eat protein meals every two hours because his natural state, they used to call him Worm when he was a kid. So his natural state is a very skinny guy. Once you reach a certain age, the body just won’t go anymore. I think he was wise to say, 'I’m at that point. I can’t do it.' Now, that doesn’t mean he can’t come back as older Wolverine. You never know. Future Wolverine, you never know."

NEW AMSTERDAM---NBC renewed the series for Season 2.

Y: THE LAST MAN---FX ordered the tv series based on the comic book.

LEGION---FX cancelled the series with Season 3 being the last season.

PARTY OF FIVE---Freeform ordered the reboot to series about Mexican-American kids who must cope after their parents are deported back to Mexico.

HAIR LIVE!---NBC cancelled the live broadcast because it would premiere against the finale for GAME OF THRONES and low ratings for RENT.

TRIVIA--in the Academy Award-winning CHINATOWN, veteran character actor James Hong played the butler for murdered Hollis Mulwray, the chief engineer for the city of Los Angeles, and his wife Evelyn. In reality, Hong graduated from the University of Southern California with an engineering degree and was an engineer for the county of Los Angeles before he quit to become an actor.

Veteran character actor James Hong appeared in the classic CHINATOWN with Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:56 pm

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6

DUMBO---new trailer released for the Tim Burton remake movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBz7FUlZPXI

THE WALKING DEAD---Lauren Cohan hinted she may return as Maggie Rhee in a new spinoff series similar to Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes spinoff series, "There may have been some conversations. But everything is so early-days, ambiguous. We'll have to see what happens." Cohan is currently starring in the ABC WHISKEY CAVALIER tv series.

ATTACK THE BLOCK---John Boyega posted a photo from his 2011 sci fi movie directed by Joe Cornish and co-starred Jodie Whitaker (DOCTOR WHO) which led to speculation a sequel may be underway. Boyega said in 2016 that he and Cornish were reuniting for an unnamed project.

AVATAR---Edie Falco (THE SOPRANOS) will play General Ardmore in the sequels.

DREAMLAND---Gary Oldman, Armie Hammer and Evangeline Lilly star in this movie about three people caught up in drug trafficking and addiction.

LOST---ABC Entertainment head Karey Burke commented on a possible reboot of the ABC tv series, "I would like that very much. That would be something I would be interested in seeing. It is literally, at this point, what I dream about when I go to bed. I have not spoken to Carlton [Cuse, former showrunner], or J.J. Abrams or ABC Studios about it. But I do often get asked the question what show I would reboot and my answer is LOST.”

INTERROGATION---Kyle Gallner (AMERICAN SNIPER) stars in this CBS All Access tv series in which episode represents an actual police interrogation session with a man who was convicted of killing his mother.

MacGYVER---Levy Tran (THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE) will play Desiree Ngyuen, a member of the Phoenix Foundation, who is assigned to protect MacGyver on missions.

THE NIGHT HOUSE---Rebecca Hall stars in this horror movie about a widow who discovers horrific secrets about her deceased husband.

THE GRIMM LEGACY---Disney+ movie underway based on the book series.

ABC---the network renewed MODERN FAMILY for season 11 which will be the last season. It also renewed THE GOOD DOCTOR, A MILLION LITTLE THINGS and SHARK TANK.

MOM---CBS renewed the series for Seasons 7 and 8.

PIECES OF HER---Netflix series underway based on the novel.

LIGHT AS A FEATHER---Hulu renewed the series.

TRIVIA---veteran Chicago character actor Ron Dean is known for playing tough Chicago cops. In THE FUGITIVE, Dean played Detective Kelly. In RISKY BUSINESS, Dean played the Chicago Police Detective with the bullhorn who told Tom Cruise, "Joel, the house is surrounded. Do exactly as I say, and no one gets hurt. Get off the babysitter! Put on your pants and come out with your hands up."

Chicago character actor Ron Dean played Chicago Police Detective Kelly in THE FUGITIVE with Harrison Ford.

In RISKY BUSINESS, Dean played the Chicago Police Detective with the bullhorn who told Tom Cruise, "Get off the babysitter!"

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:52 pm

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7

PET SEMETARY---new trailer released for the remake movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VllcgXSIJkE

SHAFT---trailer released for the reboot movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD41XdWcmbY

WORLD WAR Z 2---Paramount Pictures cancelled the Brad Pitt/David Fincher zombie sequel due to budget concerns.

NEWS OF THE WORLD---Paul Greengrass is in negotiations to reunite with Tom Hanks, who starred in CAPTAIN PHILLIPS, to direct this movie based on the novel set after the Civil War. A Texas news reader who announces news to the local people, is hired to transport a young girl, whose parents were killed by Indians, on a dangerous journey to San Antonio where her relatives live.

GAME OF THRONES---photo released of Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen from Season 8.

HALLOWEEN---Scott Teems (NARCOS: MEXICO) is in talks to write the script for the sequel. Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer and Andi Matichak are expected to return.

AVENGERS: ENDGAME---Joe Russo said Marvel Studios is apparently happy with the movie's run time of three hours, “I think the studio is down with what the best story is. Right now, we think the movie is playing well and we’ve had great responses from our test audiences and we’re feeling very good about where it is. We’re still doing work to it. We’re not done with it."

MAN OF STEEL 2---Henry Cavill's representative denied rumors that sequel negotiations with Warner Bros. were stalled because Cavill demanded more money, a producer's credit and approval for the script and director, "Patently inaccurate...no truth to this."

JUMANJI 3---Nick Jonas is returning for the sequel.

THE SIMPSONS---Fox renewed the series for two more seasons.

BLACK LEOPARD, RED WOLF---Warner Bros./Michael B. Jordan movie underway based on the first of a fantasy novel trilogy which is described as, “The tale is set in a fantastical Africa and sees a slave trader hire several mercenaries to find a kidnapped boy. The story’s main character is a man named Tracker and features giants, necromancers, witches and shape-shifters.”

ACADEMY AWARDS---Dwayne Johnson tweeted he was the first choice to host the Academy Awards ceremony before the debacle with Kevin Hart, his co-star in JUMANI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, "Ah mahalo dude, I was their first choice to host this year, and my goal was to make it the most fun and entertaining Oscars ever. We all tried hard, but couldn’t make it work since I’m shooting Jumanji. Academy and I were super bummed but maybe one day down the road."

THE MUPPETS LIVE ANOTHER DAY---Josh Gad/Disney + tv series reportedly under way which is set after the 1984 movie THE MUPPETS TAKE MANHATTAN.

A VERY BRADY RENOVATION---Hgtv show underway in which THE BRADY BUNCH cast members Barry Williams, Christopher Knight, Mike Lookinland, Maureen McCormick, Eve Plumb and Susan Olsen reunite for the 50th anniversary of the tv series to renovate the real house pictured in the sitcom to resemble the interior of the studio house where the series was filmed.

TRIVIA---George Kennedy played Joe Patroni in the AIRPORT disaster movie and was the only cast member to be in all four of the AIRPORT movies. In the AIRPLANE! spoof of the AIRPORT movies, Kennedy was offered the role of head air traffic controller Steve McCroskey, but he turned the role down to avoid the wrath of AIRPORT's Universal Pictures.
AIRPLANE! creators Jim Abrahams, David Zucker and Jerry Zucker never gave up and got Kennedy for the role of Capt. Ed Hocken in their NAKED GUN spoof movie franchise.

George Kennedy played Joe Patroni in all four of the AIRPORT disaster movies, but declined to star in the AIRPLANE! spoof movie because he wanted to avoid the wrath of the AIRPORT studio.

Kennedy accepted the offer of the AIRPLANE! creators to play Capt. Ed Hocken in their NAKED GUN spoof franchise.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:59 pm

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8

KING OF THE JUNGLE---Michael Keaton and Seth Rogen are in talks to star in this biomovie about anti-virus software developer John McAfee who moved to Belize where he was a suspect in the murder of his neighbor.

SHRINK---Sony Pictures movie underway based on the Rob Liefeld (DEADPOOL) comic book about a female psychiatrist who treats superheroes.

DUNE---Kyle MacLachlan, who starred in the original 1984 David Lynch movie, commented on the Denis Villeneuve remake, "If anyone can do it, he'll do a great job, so... He's a terrific filmmaker."

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---Lucasfilm Story Group member Pablo Hidalgo commented on the EPISODE IX's official title, “If it has a title, I don’t know it”.

THE OPERATOR---Universal Pictures/Lorne Michaels movie underway based on the autobiography of SEAL Robert O'Neill who killed Osama bin Laden.

THE PRESIDENT IS MISSING---Anthony Peckham (INVICTUS) will write the script for the movie based on the novel by Bill Clinton and James Patterson. Christopher McQuarrie is the executive producer.

KINGSMAN: THE GREAT GAME---Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Gemma Arterton and Tom Hollander have joined the cast of the prequel movie.

TALENT---Fox tv series underway based on the graphic novel with Graham Yost (JUSTIFIED) as the showrunner. The synopsis is, "'Nicole Dane, the sole survivor of a tragic accident in which 148 people were killed. While her survival is seen as a miracle, Nicole soon discovers she has inherited the talents of those who perished. With her newfound abilities in tow, she sets off on a journey to “bring closure to unfinished stories” while attempting to solve the mystery behind the horrific accident."'

THE KOMINSKY METHOD---Jacqueline Bisset, Paul Reiser and Jane Seymour will be recurring guest stars in Season 2.

FBI: MOST WANTED---Julian McMahon (MARVEL'S RUNAWAYS) will star in the FBI spinoff series.

BATWOMAN---Rachel Skarsten will play Red Alice, leader of the Wonderland Gang, in the CW tv series.

TRIVIA---more BAND OF BROTHERS cameo trivia.
As mentioned earlier in this trivia series, Tom Hanks was a producer of BAND OF BROTHERS and directed one episode where he also had a cameo as a British soldier. His son, Colin Hanks, had a cameo as Lt. Henry Jones in "The Last Patrol" episode.

Tom Hanks was the director and had a cameo as a British soldier in BAND OF BROTHERS.

Colin Hanks appeared as Lt. Henry Jones in "The Last Patrol" episode.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:28 pm

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---a source, who claims to have been an extra in EPISODE IX, claims Naomi Ackie will play Lando Calrissian's daughter, Veranada (Vera). The source said it played a "guerrilla militia in a secret type of bunker on the planet of Batuu."
Another source claims the STAR WARS project being developed by GAME OF THRONES creators David Benioff and DB Weiss will be a trilogy, "Weiss and Benioff signed on to write and produce a new trilogy of Star Wars films."

ALIEN 5---James Cameron was asked if he is trying to help resurrect Neill Blomkamp's sequel to his 1986 ALIENS, "I'm working on that. Yeah." Earlier, Cameron said about Blomkamp's sequel script, “I think it works gangbusters. He shared it with me, and I think it’s a very strong script and he could go make it tomorrow. I don’t know anything about the production, and I don’t know what Ridley [Scott]’s doing. But hopefully there’ll be room for both of them. Like parallel universes.”
Cameron also commented on the TERMINATOR 6 title, “We’re calling it, TERMINATOR: DARK FATE. That’s our working title right now.”

DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY---Hulu/Martin Scorsese/Leonardo Dicapro tv series underway based on the book described as, "'The Devil in the White City tells the true story of two men, an architect and a serial killer, whose fates were forever linked by The Chicago World’s Fair of 1893. It follows Daniel H. Burnham, a brilliant and fastidious architect racing to mark his mark on the world and Henry H. Holmes, a handsome and cunning doctor who fashioned his own pharmaceutical “Murder Castle” on fair grounds – a palace built to seduce, torture and mutilate young women. The story takes the viewer on a tour of murder, romance and mystery in the gilded age."

THE WALKING DEAD---Danai Gurira (Michonne) is leaving the series and will appear in a few episodes in Season 10. She will then co-star with Andrew Lincoln in the Rick Grimes movie trilogy.

THE IRISHMAN---the Netflix/Martin Scorsese movie will use CGI to de-age the cast of Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and Joe Pesci for the first half of the movie according to editor Thelma Schoonmaker, “We’re youthifying the actors in the first half of the movie. And then the second half of the movie they play their own age. So that’s a big risk. We’re having that done by Industrial Light and Magic Island, ILM. That’s a big risk. We’re seeing some of it, but I haven’t gotten a whole scene where they’re young, and what I’m going to have to see, and what Marty’s going to have to see is, ‘How is it affecting the rest of the movie when you see them young?’”

THE TRENCH---Warner Bros. AQUAMAN spinoff movie underway about the underwater monsters in the kingdom of the Trench. Noah Gardner and Aidan Fitzgerald are the writers. The main cast of AQUAMAN will not be involved with THE TRENCH.

ENOLA HOLMES---Millie Bobby Brown stars in this movie based on the novel about the younger sister of Sherlock Holmes.

THE LAST HUMAN---Sony Pictures is in final negotiations to buy this Phil Lord and Chris Miller sci fi movie based on the upcoming book about a 12 year-old girl, the last surviving human, and her guardian robot who embark on a dangerous journey.

JUPITER'S LEGACY---Netflix series underway based on the Mark Millar graphic novel stars Josh Duhamel and Leslie Bibb.

LAST SONS OF AMERICA---Peter Dinklage stars in this Netflix/Matt Reeves movie based on the graphic novel.

MacGRUBER---tv series underway based on the movie with Will Forte, Kristen Wiig, Ryan Phillippe and Val Kilmer returning.

PEOPLE NOT PLACES---Shirley MacLaine stars in this movie about an elderly woman who befriends a homeless man.

GREENLAND---Gerard Butler is in negotiations to star in this movie about a family who struggles to survive a natural disaster.

ENEMY LINES---movie underway based on the true story of Allied soldiers sent on a mission behind enemy lines to extract a rocket scientist working for the Nazis. John Hannah, Ed Westwick and Tom Wisdom star.

EXO---sci fi movie underway about a high school student who notices an increase in UFO sightings and then makes a startling discovery about the girl next door.

POSSESSOR---sci fi movie about a futuristic female assassin who is implanted into the brain of a man whose body she intends to use to kill someone, but then she is stuck in his body. Andrea Riseborough, Christopher Abbott, Sean Bean and Jennifer Jason Leigh star.

PROJECT BLUE BOOK---History renewed the UFO series for Season 2.

AMC---the network cancelled INTO THE BADLANDS and THE SON.

COUNTERPART---Starz cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Two Bond Girls have won Academy Awards. Kim Basinger, who co-starred with Sean Connery in NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN, won an Oscar for L.A. CONFIDENTIAL. Halle Berry, who co-starred with Pierce Brosnan in DIE ANOTHER DAY, won an Oscar for MONSTER'S BALL.

Kim Basinger, who co-starred in NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN, won an Oscar for L.A. CONFIDENTIAL.

Halle Berry, who co-starred in DIE ANOTHER DAY, won an Oscar for MONSTER'S BALL.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:35 pm

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12

CATCH-22---trailer released for the Hulu miniseries based on the World War II novel.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFwvSj8cdS8

TOLKIEN---trailer released for the JRR Tolkien biomovie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRmscXowX2U

YESTERDAY---trailer released for the Danny Boyle movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0irKUtaCaU

THE BATMAN---the rumored top six candidates to replace Ben Affleck are Robert Pattinson, Jack O'Connell, Lucas Hedges, Armie Hammer, Henry Golding and Oscar Issac.

ALADDIN---Will Smith's CGI blue genie has drawn negative comments from fans. They include, "Honestly the Will Smith genie feels like a spoiler for BIRD BOX because I finally understand what image would make them so fascinated but also want to kill themselves", “remove my eyes immediately i never want to see again” and "everyone at disney is high on bath salts and this image is making my brain feel haunted".

JURASSIC WORLD 3---JURASSIC PARK star Sam Neill posted a new photo of himself and Laura Dern. Their co-star Jeff Goldblum then tweeted his reply using his line from THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK, "Yeah, that's how it always starts. But then later there's running and screaming...". This led to fan speculation that the three might reunite for JURASSIC WORLD 3.

FATAL ATTRACTION---Glenn Close is lobbying Paramount Pictures for a sequel to her 1987 movie that also starred Michael Douglas, "FATAL ATTRACTION was a movie that touched a very, very raw nerve between the sexes. We've gone back to Paramount to find out (how we can make a new movie), because they own the title. I think they've had some things in the works, but I do think it would be interesting to take the exact story basically, and do it from her (Alex Forrest) point of view.
She added, "I think she'd become a tragic figure, rather than perceived as an evil figure."

AQUAMAN---writer David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick is returning to write the sequel.

INFINITE---Chris Evans is in negotiations to star in this Paramount Pictures/Antoine Fuqua movie based on the sci fi novel THE REINCARNATIONIST PAPERS which is about a schizophrenic man who becomes involved with an ancient secret order, Cognomina, whose members have total recall of their past lives and team up to prevent an evil mastermind from destroying mankind.

KILL THEM ALL---Paramount Pictures movie underway based on the graphic novel.

MARVEL STUDIOS---Hulu is developing four animated Marvel tv series: MARVEL'S HOWARD THE DUCK, MARVEL'S M.O.D.O.K., MARVEL'S HIT-MONKEY, MARVEL'S TIGRA & DAZZLER SHOW.

RED SONJA---Millennium Films has put the remake movie on hold due to director Bryan Singer's sex scandal allegations.

THE MISFITS---Pierce Brosnan and Jamie Chung will star in this Middle East gold heist movie directed by Renny Harlin (DIEHARD 2, CLIFFHANGER).

BBC AMERICA---sequel documentaries underway are PLANET EARTH III and FROZEN PLANET II.

SUMMONERS WAR---tv series underway based on the game.

HARRY & MEGHAN: BECOMING ROYAL---Lifetime tv movie sequel underway to HARRY & MEGHAN: A ROYAL ROMANCE.

TRIVIA---in DAS BOOT, the Type VIIC U-boat U-96 was a sea-going replica built for the movie by the original manufacturer. The replica was also used by Steven Spielberg in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK.

In DAS BOOT, the U-boat U-96 was a sea-going replica built for the movie by the original manufacturer.

The U-boat replica was also used in Steven Spielberg's RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:55 pm

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 13

THE RIGHT STUFF---National Geographic/Leonardo DiCaprio tv series underway based on the Tom Wolfe book which was made into the 1983 movie that starred Ed Harris, Dennis Quaid and Sam Shephard. David Nutter (GAME OF THRONES) will direct the pilot.

AQUAMAN---James Cameron, who directed a fake AQUAMAN on ENTOURAGE, commented on the DC movie that made $1.1 billion, “I think it's great fun. I never could have made that film, because it requires this kind of total dreamlike disconnection from any sense of physics or reality. People just kind of zoom around underwater, because they propel themselves mentally, I guess, I don’t know. But it’s cool! You buy it on its own terms.”
He added, “They did throw in a couple of things with whales and things like that to remind us that we are kind of using the ocean as a toilet and as a garbage dump. So I applaud the film for that."
Cameron then quipped, “Come back when you hit your second billion and you’re on your way to your third — then we’ll talk.”

DEADWOOD---Ian McShane gave a sneak preview of the upcoming HBO movie which is set ten years after the tv series ended, “Deadwood is celebrating South Dakota as a state, and Hearst has come back and Alma has come back in town, so you have all the main characters converging and how they changed in ten years. Now, Hearst wants to put telegraphs in town, which isn’t going too well. Al has had a little bit too much of that over the years. There’s a surprise for Trixie and Star.”
He added, “It ends leaving you wondering. If it makes $115M, HBO will somehow find a way to do another one.”

THE INVISIBLE MAN---producer Jason Blum commented on the Blumhouse remake of the 1933 movie based on the HG Wells novel, “It was like the Blumhouse version of THE INVISIBLE MAN. It’s a lower-budget movie. It’s not dependent on special effects, CGI, stunts. It’s super character-driven, it’s really compelling, it’s thrilling, it’s edgy, it feels new. Those were all things that felt like they fit with what our company does. And it happened to be an Invisible Man story."

WITCHES---Octavia Spencer is in talks to co-star with Anne Hathaway in the Robert Zemeckis/Warner Bros. movie based on the novel. Anjelica Huston starred in the original 1990 movie.

DA 5 BLOODS---Netflix/Spike Lee movie underway about, “Vietnam veterans who go back to the jungle to find their lost innocence.” Chadwick Boseman, Jean Reno and Delroy Lindo star.

BRAVE NEW WORLD---USA Network tv series underway based on the Aldous Huxley novel.

MARVEL/NETFLIX---Hulu vice president Craig Erwich commented on Hulu possibly resurrecting Marvel series cancelled by Netflix including DAREDEVIL, LUKE CAGE and IRON FIST, “Marvel has a ton of titles we’d be interested in. It kind of just depends on when they’re ready, [and] who, most importantly, is going to be behind these things.”

COUNTERPART---creator Justin Marks hinted the series might be shopped to other networks after being cancelled by Starz, "Fingers crossed that our wonderful studio, MRC, can find a way to keep the dream alive!"

KUNG FU HUSTLE 2---Stephen Chow said he is developing a quasi-sequel "spiritual follow up" to his 2004 cult movie in which he will return for a cameo.

THE LEGEND OF SINBAD---Frank Coraci (THE WATERBOY, THE WEDDING SINGER) will direct the reboot movie.

MERRY HAPPY WHATEVER---Dennis Quaid stars in this Netflix holiday series about a man who must cope with the Christmas holiday and his daughter's new boyfriend.

TRIVIA---Katherine Waterston played astronaut Daniels in Ridley Scott's ALIEN: COVENANT. Her father, Sam Waterston, played astronaut Lt. Col. Peter Willis in the Peter Hyams conspiracy thriller CAPRICORN ONE.

Katherine Waterston played astronaut Daniels in ALIEN: COVENANT.

Waterston's father, Sam Waterston, played astronaut Lt. Col. Peter Willis in CAPRICORN ONE.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:29 pm

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14

GHOSTBUSTERS 3---cast breakdown for two lead characters were revealed for the sequel.

"UNNAMED (LEAD BOY 2) To play 12 years old. Slender, pale, dark hair, piercing blue eyes, aquiline features, high cheekbones, withdrawn. He’s prodigious — bright, witty, stubborn, and remains playful in spite of hardship. He is also a brilliantly quick thinker under pressure, is at ease with technology, and has a high facility for problem-solving.

UNNAMED (LEAD GIRL 2): To play 13 years old. Fun-loving, a bit of an airhead. Always curious, haunted, charmed, dazed."

DUNE---Josh Brolin will play Gurney Halleck in the Denis Villeneuve remake movie. Patrick Stewart played the role in the original 1984 movie.

STAR WARS---Rian Johnson tweeted that rumors claiming his trilogy were cancelled are false, "I’m still working on the trilogy. With all due respect to the movie bros, who I’m sure are lovely kind bros with good fraternal intentions."

GHOST DRAFT---Chris Pratt is in talks to star in this Chris McKay sci fi movie. No plot details were released.

THE WOLF'S CALL---Netflix is in negotiations to acquire this French movie about a crewman on a French nuclear-armed submarine whose unintentional actions may lead to World War III.

BREAKING BAD---Aaron Paul confirmed he is returning for the movie that will be shown on AMC and Netflix.

ALIEN---sources deny a recent report that two ALIEN tv series are underway, including a Hulu series directed by Ridley Scott.

THEY BOTH DIE AT THE END---HBO/JJ Abrams comedy tv series underway based on the novel.

TOM CLANCY'S JACK RYAN---Amazon renewed the series for Season 3.

FOX---Fox renewed BOB'S BURGERS and FAMILY GUY.

STUCK!---POLICE ACADEMY stars Steve Guttenberg and Leslie Easterbrook will reunite for this low budget sci fi movie about a scientist who discovers that a gluten-free diet enables people to travel in time.

GOOD OMENS---the Amazon miniseries based on the novel and starring David Tennant, Michael Sheen and Benedict Cumberbatch as the voice of Satan will premiere on May 31.

WHY WOMEN KILL---Lucy Liu and Ginnifer Goodwin will star in the CBS All Access dark comedy series.

STAR TREK---Nickelodeon/Alex Kurtzman animated tv series for younger audiences is underway. The network is also developing an animated tv series based on the PADDINGTON movie franchise.

TRVIA---Valentine's Day trivia.
Julie Hagerty and Robert Hays played the romantic airliner couple of flight attendant Elaine Dickinson and ex-fighter pilot Ted Striker in AIRPLANE! and AIRPLANE II: THE SEQUEL. A pre-famous Sigourney Weaver auditioned for the Dickinson role, but she balked at the line, "...how I used to sit on your face and wriggle." The role went to Hagerty. Weaver achieved fame as Ellen Ripley, a member of another flight crew in ALIEN.

Julie Hagerty and Robert Hays played the romantic airliner couple of flight attendant Elaine Dickinson and ex-fighter pilot Ted Striker in AIRPLANE! and AIRPLANE II: THE SEQUEL.

In AIRPLANE!, Sigourney Weaver auditioned for the Dickinson role, but balked at the line of, "...how I used to sit on your face and wriggle". The role went to Hagerty, and Weaver achieved fame as the member of another flight crew in ALIEN.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:05 pm

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---Amazon Prime released a map of Middle-earth for the new tv series.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/adlp/lotronprime

TRIPLE FRONTIER---trailer released for the Netflix drug cartel heist movie starring Oscar Isaac and Ben Affleck.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7HveFHVHjA

DUNE---Jason Momoa is in negotiations to play Duncan Idaho in the Denis Villenueve remake movie. Richard Jordan played the character in the original 1984 movie.
Also, writer Eric Roth (FORREST GUMP) commented on writing the DUNE script, “DUNE was a real challenge; Denis Villeneuve brought me on. I had done some little bits of stuff for him for ARRIVAL.
I turned in a really long draft, which I think was pretty cumbersome to make within the budget. I think the ideas were great, and I think they used most of them, but that needed a good look. I think Denis has…brought in another writer to trim it out, and get back to the book in some respects, so I think it’s exciting. The approach to it’s pretty wonderful, and it could be a beautiful movie."
He also commented on writing KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON for Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio, "KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON...is one of the great stories that one could tell. I think any good writer would do this justice; it’s such a powerful piece, and it’ll be Marty Scorsese basically doing a Western. I would say it would be [filming] late next summer, he’d start [shooting], early fall. I know how much [Scorsese] loves it, and I’m just sending literally this morning the last of this iteration of the script. Then, I’m sure we’ll start rewriting again."

GAME OF THRONES---fans may have accessed the HBO cast list of Season 8's premiere episode. The cast list includes characters that have not appeared in some time including Robin Arryn (Lino Facioli) and Edmure Tully (Tobiaz Menzies).

YOUR NAME---Paramount Pictures remake of the anime is underway with Marc Webb (THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN) as the director.

PSYCH: THE MOVIE 2---USA Network movie sequel underway in which Police Chief Lassiter is gunned down and begins to see strange things while recovering in the hospital. The original cast returns.

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN---writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick have left the reboot movie.

THE EXTRACTORS: ESCAPE PLAN---Sylvester Stallone said the second sequel is underway and the first sequel was, "...beyond awful!!!"

THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME---Sebastian Stan replaces Chris Evans in the Netflix movie based on the novel. Evans withdrew due to a schedule conflict.

ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK?---Nickelodeon revival miniseries will premiere in October, 2019.

TRIVIA--Rene Russo made her movie debut in the 1989 baseball comedy MAJOR LEAGUE which also starred Charlie Sheen, Tom Berenger and Wesley Snipes.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News