[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 4:54 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:49 pm

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 6

VENOM---new tv spot released for the Tom Hardy movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4F2KoqvH18

MY DINNER WITH HERVE---HBO trailer released for the biomovie about Herve Villechaize.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7mkYKX39uI

DUNE---Rebecca Ferguson (MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE-FALLOUT) is in talks to play Lady Jessica in the Denis Villeneuve remake of the 1984 David Lynch movie.

THE WALKING DEAD---AMC released the synopsis for Season 9.
"Last season brought the culmination of “All Out War,” which pitted Rick Grimes and his group of survivors against the Saviors and their cunning leader, Negan. With Negan’s life in his hands, Rick had a character-defining choice in front of him. By making the unilateral decision to spare Negan, Rick upheld the values of his late son, Carl, championed in order to build for the future, but created conflict within his group.
Now, we see our survivors a year and a half after the end of the war, rebuilding civilization under Rick’s steadfast leadership. It is a time of relative peace among the communities as they work together, looking to the past to forge the future, but the world they knew is rapidly changing as man-made structures continue to degrade, and nature takes over, changing the landscape and creating new challenges for our survivors.
As time passes, the communities confront unexpected obstacles, danger, and of course, walkers, but nothing quite prepares them for the formidable force they are about to encounter, which threatens the very idea of civilization that our survivors have worked so hard to build."

JAMES BOND---the short list of candidates to direct the 25th James Bond movie is reported to be Bart Layton (AMERICAN ANIMALS), SJ Clarkson (STAR TREK 4) and Yann Demange (WHITE BOY RICK).

DOOM PATROL---Timothy Dalton (THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS) will play Dr. Niles "The Chief" Caulder on the DC Comics streaming series.

COLD WARRIOR---Netflix/Shane Black movie underway about a Cold War-era spy who teams up with a young spy to apprehend a deadly terrorist.

RUIN---Margot Robbie and Matthias Schoenaerts star in this movie about a Holocaust survivor and an ex-SS captain who team up to hunt down the members of the captain's Nazi death squad.

SIX UNDERGROUND---a rumor claims the Michael Bay/Netflix movie starring Ryan Reynolds in which six billionaires fake their deaths in order to battle evil is really a Thundercats movie.

WASP NETWORK---Penelope Cruz, Gael Garcia Bernal, Edgar Ramirez and Pedro Pascal star in this movie about a Cuban spy/terrorist network in 1990s Florida.

TRUE HISTORY OF THE KELLY GANG---Russell Crowe, Charlie Hunnam, and Nicholas Hoult star in this movie about notorious bushranger and outlaw Ned Kelly.

DOCTOR WHO---BBC One announced the premiere will be on October 7.

DESIGNATED SURVIVOR---Netflix picked up the cancelled series for Season 3.

SO MUCH LOVE---Gemma Arterton stars in this biomovie about 1960s British pop star Dusty Springfield.

TRIVIA--in THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, Gates McFadden played Jack Ryan's British wife, Caroline, after she was fired on STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION. McFadden was replaced by Anne Archer in the next two Jack Ryan movies starring Harrison Ford.

Anne Archer played American Caroline Ryan in PATRIOT GAMES and CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by dragon53 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:38 pm

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 7

THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME---Chris Evans, Tom Holland, Robert Pattinson and Mia Wasikowska are in talks to star in the movie based on the novel about a rural Ohio man who uses prayers and animal sacrifices to try to save his dying wife and host of bizarre characters including a serial killer couple, a faith-testing preacher and a corrupt sheriff.

GOODNIGHT MOMMY---US remake underway of the 2015 Austrian horror movie about nine year-old twin brothers whose mother returns home with her head in bandages after cosmetic surgery and things begin to go wrong.

THE PREDATOR---20th Century Fox deleted a three-page scene with Steven Wilder Striegel hitting on Olivia Munn's character after Munn informed the studio that Striegel spend time in prison after trying to to arrange a sexual rendezvous with a 14 year-old girl on the internet. Munn said it was, “both surprising and unsettling” that writer/director Shane Black, who is Striegel's friend and gave him the role, did not inform anyone involved with the movie about Striegel's criminal background.
Black issued an apology, “Having read this morning’s news reports, it has sadly become clear to me that I was misled by a friend I really wanted to believe was telling me the truth when he described the circumstances of his conviction. I believe strongly in giving people second chances – but sometimes you discover that chance is not as warranted as you may have hoped. After learning more about the affidavit, transcripts and additional details surrounding Steve Striegel’s sentence, I am deeply disappointed in myself. I apologize to all of those, past and present, I’ve let down by having Steve around them without giving them a voice in the decision.”

ACADEMY AWARDS---the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences has postponed the controversial "popular" Oscar category for the upcoming 91st Oscars after it received widespread criticism. Academy CEO Dawn Hudson said, “There has been a wide range of reactions to the introduction of a new award, and we recognize the need for further discussion with our members. We have made changes to the Oscars over the years — including this year — and we will continue to evolve while also respecting the incredible legacy of the last 90 years.”

ASIA ARGENTO---actress Asia Argento has refused to pay the remaining amount from a $380,000 settlement with actor Jimmy Bennett after Bennett filed a lawsuit claiming she sexually assaulted him when he was 17 years-old. Argento's refusal is based on her claim that she was the victim after being sexually assaulted by Bennett. Bennett's lawyer responded, “Asia has yet to realize that successful women can also be among those who prey on the vulnerable. Predators are not limited to a single sex.”

SHIRLEY---Odessa Young (HIGH LIFE) and Logan Lerman (FURY) will co-star with Elisabeth Moss in this movie about a young married couple whose lives change when they encounter author Shirley Jackson (THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE).

LARRY---Gillian Jacobs (COMMUNITY) will co-star in this horror movie about a boy and his family who are terrorized by a monster who materializes from smart phones, tablets and other electronic devices.

STAR TREK 4---Chris Pine commented on if he will return for the sequel after a salary dispute with Paramount Pictures, "I don't know, I mean I'd love to be involved, and we'll see what happens and I'll await the phone call. Until then, I look forward to it."

EVE---Colin Farrell and Common will co-star with Jessica Chastain in this movie about a female assassin. Farrell will play the leader of Chastain's black ops organization, and Common will play her ex-fiance.

6 UNDERGROUND---co-writer Rhett Reese tweeted his reply about if the Michael Bay/Ryan Reynolds movie is really a ThunderCats movie, "NO".

MARVEL STUDIOS---Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige said more female superhero movies are underway, “With [ANT-MAN AND THE WASP] and now with CAPTAIN MARVEL and many movies to be announced in the near future, I’m anxious for the time where it’s not a novelty that there is a female-led superhero movie, but it is a norm. And it is less a story of, ‘Oh, look, a female hero,’ and it’s more a story of, ‘Oh, what’s this about? Who’s this character? I’m excited to see that.’ And I think we can get there.”

SWAMP THING---Crystal Reed (GOTHAM, TEEN WOLF) will play the lead female role of CDC researcher Abby in the DC Universe pilot.

PARTY OF FIVE---Freeform reboot of the Fox tv series is underway. The reboot follows the five Buendias children as they try to cope after their parents were deported back to Mexico. The original series starred Scott Wolf, Neve Campbell and Matthew Fox and ran from 1994-2000.

POLAROID---Netflix is in negotiations to acquire the horror movie whose release was shelved after the Harvey Weinstein sex scandal. The plot involves a loner girl who acquires a vintage Polaroid camera in which those who have their photos taken by the camera die horrible deaths.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3---director Paul Feig (GHOSTBUSTERS reboot) said he's no interested in replacing the fired James Gunn, "I would never take anything away from another filmmaker. You can think whatever, moralize about what James wrote. I don't make those kind of jokes, I don't like those kind of jokes. But still, that's James' franchise."

MATTEL---the Mattel Inc. is creating the Mattel Films division to develop movies based on its toy lines including Barbie, Hot Wheels and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

HBO---the network renewed BALLERS and INSECURE.

TRIVIA---at the time of his fatal heart attack in 2012, Oscar-nominated Michael Clarke Duncan (THE GREEN MILE) was engaged to controversial reality tv personality and political aide Omarosa Manigault Newman. She said she used CPR to revive him, but he died two months later.
However, Duncan's sister, Judy, hired a lawyer to investigate if Omarosa influenced Michael to change his will while he may have been ill to make her the main beneficiary. Judy claimed that Omarosa sold Michael's personal effects including his cars, watches, THE GREEN MILE director's chair and awards without the family's consent.
Omarosa replied, "I don't control the estate or the finances and Judy knows it. If you saw all of her e-mails and texts to me you would see that she is just trying to get money from me, and threatened going to press if I did not give it to her, and that is a crime."

dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by SONYESP » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:19 pm

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10

KURSK---trailer released for the movie about the sinking of the Russian submarine starring Colin Firth and Lea Seydoux.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xExzwSc4_eQ&t=21s

JAMES BOND---Said Taghmaoui (WONDER WOMAN) said Danny Boyle picked him to be the villain in the 25th James Bond movie and implied he is still involved in the sequel after Boyle left, "We don’t know who the director will be, and the producers don’t know if they’re going to go Russian or Middle East with the baddie right now. I literally just received a message saying: ‘If they go Middle East, it’s you. If they go Russian, it’s someone else.’ It’s the story of my life. Always on that line between something that could change my life and something that disappears."
Earlier reports said Boyle left after Daniel Craig vetoed Boyle's choice of Tomasz Kot as the villain.

STAR TREK: GENERATIONS---William Shatner discussed the much-maligned death of Captain Kirk in GENERATIONS, "Well, I didn’t think I had any choice in the matter. Paramount had decided that the ceiling that they could reach in our box office had been reached and they thought that by putting in the Next Generation cast, that they would reach a higher box office. That decision had been made. It was either I was going to appear and die, or they were going to say he died. So, I chose the more practical of the two."

PREDATOR---Arnold Schwarzenegger had four opportunities to return as Dutch in four PREDATOR sequels.
In PREDATOR 2, Schwarzenegger would have played the head of a government team trying to capture the City Hunter Predator, but he turned down the role because he did not like the city setting and the role was a semi-villain. Producer John Davis said the main reason he rejected the role was due to a salary dispute, not because he was involved in TERMINATOR 2 as others claim. The role eventually went to Gary Busey as team leader Peter Keyes.
In ALIEN VS. PREDATOR, director Paul WS Anderson said Schwarzenegger would have had a cameo if Schwarzenegger lost the California governor's race, but he won which ended the proposed cameo. Anderson gave no details on the cameo.
In PREDATORS, Robert Rodriguez's original script had Schwarzenegger being dropped onto a Predator planet to battle Predators in gladiator-type duels, but Schwarzenegger's being the governor led to a script change in which he only had a cameo in which he emerges from a spaceship with twelve Predators and congratulates the survivors. Again, his governor's duties prevented Schwarzenegger's return.
In Shane Black's THE PREDATOR, Schwarzenegger's cameo was rumored to be at the end of the sequel where he hints the next sequel would have even bigger Predator battles. Schwarzenegger rejected the cameo as being too small of a role.

MEMORY-THE ORIGINS OF ALIEN---a documentary is underway for the 40th anniversary of the ALIEN franchise which focuses on the untold beginning of the original movie by Dan O'Bannon and includes unseen material by O'Bannon and designer HR Giger.

IT: CHAPTER 2---writer Gary Dauberman said the sequel will include the Ritual of Chud from the novel, “The Ritual of Chüd is challenging, but it’s such an important component to the book that we had to address it. That stuff is difficult to balance, but because (director Andy Muschietti, producer Barbara Muschietti and I) worked with each other before, when I’m writing pages and all that stuff it becomes more of a conversation and less like, ‘Hey, here’s what I did.’ It’s sort of organic; it’s really kind of just chipping away at the stone and trying to find the most focused, accessible way into some of more metaphysical aspects of that book.”

SWAMP THING---director Len Wiseman said the Swamp Thing will wear a real costume of being CGI, “It’s going to look amazing and less of the ‘man in suit’ that you’ve seen in the movie and the other TV show”. He said the series will be R-rated, “We always set out to make SWAMP THING as hard R as we could and go graphic with the violence, with the adult themes and make it as scary as possible. Because we’re doing it through the DC streaming service, they really pushed us, although they didn’t have to push hard, for us to go as extreme as we could. We really took our inspiration from the Alan Moore run in SWAMP THING, this landmark I think run. Fans of that series will know it gets pretty weird and extreme and scary.”

RING KING--biomovie underway about Dwayne Johnson's father, Canadian wrestling star Rocky Johnson.

CALL ME BY YOUR NAME---Armie Hammer said a sequel is underway, “It will happen because there are already people working on it and trying to make it happen. How much do I know and how much could I tell you are two very different things. I know a lot, but I can’t tell you anything."

NANCY DREW---CW is developing a tv series based on the murder mystery books.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
In the movie RONIN, three Bond Villains are part of the cast that includes Robert De Niro, Natascha McElhone and Jean Reno.

Michael Lonsdale played Jean-Pierre in RONIN and Bond Villain Hugo Drax in MOONRAKER.

Sean Bean played Spence in RONIN and Bond Villain Alec Trevelyan, Agent 006, in GOLDENEYE.

Jonathan Pryce played renegade IRA leader Seamus O'Rourke in RONIN and Bond Villain media mogul Elliot Carver in TOMORROW NEVER DIES.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:45 pm

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11

THE WALKING DEAD---AMC released a trailer for Rick Grimes' last episodes.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vbF6fSKq7k&t=28s

THE PREDATOR---director Shane Black commented on why Arnold Schwarzenegger turned down a cameo, "The studio wanted a fresher movie that featured an evolving cast. They didn't want to hinge the movie on the re-emergence of Schwarzenegger. It would probably be more of a matter of his showing up briefly and just participating at the very end, at the climax of the movie. Understandably – and believe me, I completely get it – he said, 'Look, that's kind of a small part, and I don't really think I want to do that. I'm off to do TERMINATOR with Jim Cameron, basically. Or for Jim Cameron. So I totally got it, you know? If I was Schwarzenegger, I'd want to be one of the stars of a film or nothing."
Black added, "I even said to him, 'If you're in this one, we would open it up for the sequel, because now you're back in the franchise.’ So you know, if there's another movie, there's no reason why he couldn't be either in it, or the star of it, or whatever someone decides at a future date."

CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND THE BLACK KNIGHT---an unconfirmed inside source claims Marvel Studios wants Guy Ritchie to direct the future Marvel movie that might film in Pinewood Studios, "I work at various movie studios in the UK and have been situated at Pinewood for a few weeks, and I'm moving to Cardiff on a project soon. I haven't seen anything about this online anywhere, so I thought id send the info on to you: Space at Pinewood has been booked for November & December 2018 to hold auditions for a Marvel project called CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND THE BLACK KNIGHT. The name of the director booked in for all these dates is GUY RITCHIE. Marvel seems to be moving fast with it to fill in the space left behind by Danny Boyle's aborted Bond 25. Everyone is excited because it looks like another few months of solid work when we thought we would have to wait a while."

CHARLIE SAYS---photo released of Matt Smith (DOCTOR WHO) starring in the Charles Manson biomovie based on the book THE FAMILY. Suki Waterhouse, Carla Gugino, Annabeth Gish and Merritt Weaver co-star.

HALLOWEEN---producer Jason Blum clarified an earlier comment that he is not interested in doing another sequel even though the current sequel is receiving rave reviews, “No, I think that got a bit screwed up. I’d love to do sequels, and I hope we do a sequel and we will do a sequel if the movie performs. We’re not going to decide if we do a sequel or not until we see the reaction to this movie. But I really hope to make it.”

JURASSIC WORLD 3---Bryce Dallas Howard said she wants the next sequel to include cast members from the earlier JURASSIC PARK movies, “In terms of the third movie, the goal overall is to bring the entire saga together. It'll be the sixth film at the end of the day. For me, what I'm most wanting, other than an undercut, is for there to be more characters from the earlier films.” Speculation is that Laura Dern and Sam Neill might return.

STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE---former showrunner Ira Steven Behr talked about his alternate ending for the final episode, "I did pitch to Rick Berman that the final episode would end up with Benny Russell on Stage 17 at Paramount, wandering around the soundstages, realizing that this whole construct, this whole series, that we had done for seven years, was just in Benny’s head. That is how I wanted to end the series. And Rick said 'Does this mean The Original Series was in Benny’s head? Does this mean VOYAGER was in Benny’s head?' I said 'Hey man, I don’t care who is dreaming those shows, I only care about DEEP SPACE NINE and yes, Benny Russell is dreaming DEEP SPACE NINE.' He didn’t go for it."

CANDYMAN---a rumor says Jordan Peele (GET OUT) is in talks to produce a remake of the 1992 horror movie that starred Tony Todd and Virginia Madsen.

MAYANS M.C.---the FX premiere drew 6.8 million viewers which is the most for a 2018 premiere.

QUEEN AMERICA---Facebook watch tv series starring Catherine Zeta-Jones as a ruthless, but successful, beauty pageant coach who must guide a hapless young woman to win the Miss America Pageant.

THE COVE---CW/Robert Zemeckis family drama series about estranged sisters who visit a Caribbean resort island after their father's death and discover it has many secrets including the possibility of eternal life.

TRIVIA---in the US Blu-ray version of EXECUTIVE DECISION, in which Middle Eastern terrorists hijack an airliner, several religious references were deleted from the original movie.

In the scene where the bomb-wearing Arab terrorist enters the London restaurant, the Quran is digitally removed in one scene and cropped off in another scene.

Scenes where the terrorist leader, Nagi Hassan (David Suchet), is praying and holding the Quran were deleted.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:48 pm

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12

THE BALLAD OF BUSTER SCRUGGS---trailer released for the Netflix/Coen brothers Western series.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2PyxzSH1HM

SUPERMAN---Henry Cavill and Warner Bros. reportedly ended negotiations for Cavill's future as Superman which means it is unlikely he will return as Superman in any future movies. He was supposed to do a cameo in SHAZAM! but had a schedule problem. A studio source said, "Superman is like James Bond, and after a certain run you have to look at new actors."
However, Cavill's agent contradicted the report by tweeting, "Be peaceful, the cape is still in his closet. @wbpictures has been and continues to be our partners as they evolve the DC Universe. Anticipate a WB statement later today."
Warners has no Superman movies on its schedule and plans to concentrate on Supergirl movies.

THE BATMAN---a rumor claims Kit Harington (GAME OF THRONES) is a candidate to replace Ben Affleck as Batman after Warner Bros. requested digital mockups of Harington as Batman. The other candidates are supposedly Jake Gyllenhaal and Jack Huston.

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME---director Werner Herzog said he filmed a cameo in a major movie, “a big franchise film, about which I’m not supposed to say anything. I can only say the title. The code name is ‘Huckleberry.’ For god’s sake, that’s only a cover.” Speculation is that Herzog's cameo is in FAR FROM HOME.

BRUISED---Halle Berry is the star/director of this movie about a disgraced mixed martial arts star who must revive her career and reunite with her six year-old son she abandoned.

THE BIG BANG THEORY---Bob Newhart and Keith Carradine will return as guest stars for the last season.

AMERICAN GODS---the series is on hiatus after Starz and Fremantle fired executive producer Jesse Alexander who was hired to replace co-creators Michael Green and Bryan Fuller.

GOTHAM---Shane West will play Eduardo Dorrance who is speculated to be Bane in Season 5, the last season.

SWAMP THING---Derek Mears (FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot) will play Swamp Thing in the series pilot.

QUAZI---English-language Russian zombie tv series underway based on the novel about a zombie plague which results in two societies of intelligent zombies and surviving humans. A human detective and a zombie agent team up to investigate a murder which might end the peaceful relationship between the two societies.

THE BANKER'S WIFE--Rosamund Pike (GONE GIRL) stars in this tv series based on the novel.

THE WITCHER---showrunner Lauren S. Hissrich announced she's taking a break from Twitter. Speculation is that Hissrich's break is the result of fan backlash on Twitter after her casting ad for Ciri, a white female character, called for "BAME...Black, Asian and [or] Minority Ethnic".

GOLD DIGGER---Julia Ormond and Ben Barnes star in this BBC six-part miniseries about a wealthy woman who falls in love with a man 25 years younger and might be a gold digger.

TRIVIA--in THE BAND OF BROTHERS episode "Crossroads", Sergeant Randleman (Michael Cudlitz) and other paratroopers are rowing across a river to rescue British paratroopers trapped behind German lines. However, Randleman does not have an oar and is only moving his arms to simulate he is rowing.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:40 pm

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 12

CAPTIVE STATE---trailer released for the sci fi movie starring John Goodman and Vera Farmiga.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpdoLP5fvuU

SUPERMAN---Henry Cavill posted a cryptic video on Instagram to comment on reports he will no longer play Superman.

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnpPIrmFN9n ... ed_loading

OVERLORD---poster released for the JJ Abrams zombie D-Day movie.

JAMES BOND---Said Taghmaoui (WONDER WOMAN) denied reports he might play the villain in the 25th James bond movie, "Fake news..! It's always better to come and check the source..!"

SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK---Dean Norris, Gil Bellows and Lorraine Toussaint have joined the cast of the movie based on the children's books. Guillermo del Toro is the producer.

HALLOWEEN---the digitally-remastered version of John Carpenter's classic 1978 horror movie will be rereleased in over 1,000 theaters beginning September 27.

THE BATMAN---Jon Hamm talked about possibly starring in the movie, "It depends on the script, what the story is. I am a huge comic book fan, always have been. I have read comic books since I was nine or younger. And I am pretty knowledgeable about a lot of them. And I like the genre, and I like when they are done well... I'd probably fit the suit. I'd have to work out a lot, which I don't love. But, I am sure there is an interesting version of that being out there. And if they wanted to tap me on the shoulder and ask me to do it: why not?"

CURSED---Netflix released the synopsis for the series starring Katherine Langford (13 REASONS WHY) as the Lady of the Lake.

"CURSED, based on the upcoming book of the same name, is a re-imagination of the Arthurian legend, told through the eyes of Nimue. It is a coming-of-age story whose themes are familiar to our own time: the obliteration of the natural world, religious terror, senseless war, and finding the courage to lead in the face of the impossible."

UNDERWORLD---Kate Beckinsale commented on if she might return for another sequel, "I wouldn’t return. I’ve done plenty of those."

THE PURLOINING OF PRINCE OLEOMARGARINE---Fox Family bought the rights to the recently-discovered Mark Twain story he originally wrote for his daughters.

UNSATIABLE---Netflix renewed the series for Season 2.

ALAN WAKE---tv series underway based on the video game.

TRIVIA---in Alfred Hitchcock's THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH, Richard Wordsworth had the uncredited role as taxidermist Ambrose Chappell, Jr. Wordsworth is better known as the doomed astronaut Victor Carroon in THE QUATERMASS XPERIMENT.

Richard Wordsworth had the uncredited role of taxidermist Ambrose Chappell, Jr. in THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH.

Wordworth is better known as doomed astronaut Victor Carroon in THE QUATERMASS XPERIMENT.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:34 pm

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14

HUNTER KILLER---new trailer released for the submarine action movie starring Gerard Butler and Gary Oldman.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PGdkzfbylI

AD ASTRA---photo released of Brad Pitt starring in the movie about an astronaut searching for his father (Tommy Lee Jones) who mysteriously disappeared while searching for life on Neptune.

VENOM---the Tom Hardy movie received a PG-13 rating. Sony Pictures supposedly wanted a PG-13 to allow a future crossover with Marvel Studios' Spider-Man franchise. Director Ruben Fleischer commented on a possible unrated version for home release, "I wouldn't rule anything out. We'll have to see where it lands, I guess, but I wouldn't rule anything out."

MIDWAY---Alexander Ludwig (VIKINGS) and Darren Criss (GLEE) have the joined the cast of the World War II movie epic. Other cast members include Woody Harrelson, Patrick Wilson, Dennis Quaid, Luke Evans, Aaron Eckhart and Nick Jonas.

JAMES BOND---the 25th James Bond movie will proceed with a script by Bond veterans Neal Purvis and Robert Wade (DIE ANOTHER DAY, THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH) after Danny Boyle left due to creative differences.

WESTWORLD---Aaron Paul (BREAKING BAD) has joined the cast in an undisclosed role.

GHOST RIDER---Nicolas Cage wants Marvel Studios to do an R-rated reboot of his 2007 movie, "Had GHOST RIDER been made in R-rated format, the way they had the guts to do with DEADPOOL, and they did it again today, I’m fairly certain it would be enormously successful. Having said that, I still think the movies were a hit. People don’t look at the subsidiary outlets, like DVD and streaming and whatnot. When you look at what Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor did [on 2012’s GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE] for $50 million, and they got a $250 million return, you begin to see the genius of the sequel."
Cage has said he is not interested in returning for any future GHOST RIDER movies.

THE WALKING DEAD---AMC CEO Josh Sapan talked about the network's plans for the series, “THE WALKING DEAD is a universe…and we have a plan to manage over the next decade, plus. That plan is a careful plan to respect the world of the fans of that world.”

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD---Michael Greyeyes commented on Kim Dickens and others leaving the series, "...Before I worked on the show, I was a big fan of it and especially Kim. When I heard she had left the show, I was shocked. Sadly, with all the other departure [sic] as well, I’ve lost the sense of it being the show I had first loved."

LEAN ON ME---female tv version of the 1989 movie that starred Morgan Freeman is underway at the CW. LeBron James is the producer. The synopsis says,

“When a spirited young black teacher Amarie Baldwin scores the principal job at an Akron, Ohio, public high school, she must dig deep to transform a failing campus into an urban oasis. In a time when education and school safety have life-or-death stakes, Amarie will take on a broken system that tests her mettle, love life and family. But can she keep her moxie in check in order to embody the aspirational educator that motivates and uplifts an entire community?”

NOS4A2---Zachary Quinto and Ashleigh Cummings star in the new AMC horror series based on the novel.

SUPERGIRL---Xander Berkeley will play Peter Lockwood, the father of Agent liberty.

TRIVIA---for today's premiere of THE PREDATOR, a rare photo from the original 1987 movie shows Jean-Claude Van Damme wearing the original suit designed by Boss Film Creature Shop. Arnold Schwarzenegger said, "It looked like a guy in a lizard suit with the head of a duck."
After Van Damme quit or was fired, depending on the information source, Schwarzenegger recommended Stan Winston, who did the special effects on Schwarzenegger's THE TERMINATOR to design a new suit. James Cameron, the writer/director of THE TERMINATOR, suggested the unique mandibles for Winston's design. The 5' 9" Van Damme was replaced by 7' 3" Kevin Peter Hall.

This rare photo shows Jean-Claude Van Damme, in the original Predator suit, with Carl Weathers.

Kevin Peter Hall in Stan Winston's Predator suit.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:08 pm

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17

THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER'S WEB---new trailer released for the sequel.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEINTQ2AP9k&t=88s

APOSTLE---trailer released for the Netflix/Gareth Evans horror movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1JdWOqc9Q8

THE JOKER---director Todd Phillips released a photo of Joaquin Phoenix as Arthur who will become The Joker.

HALLOWEEN---new photo released from the sequel.

THE COLOUR OUT OF SPACE---producer Josh C. Waller commented on the status of the movie based on the HP Lovecraft short story, “It’s moving along. We announced that we were going to be doing it, what, three years ago? Let’s just say that we’re getting a lot closer. Significantly closer. Like, it’s coming up, so I will be busy with Richard on set with that sometime in the near future.” The director is Richard Stanley who is known for being fired from THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU.

MODERN FAMILY---co-creator Christopher Lloyd hinted a death involving a, "significant character on the series" that "will be a moving event -- and an event that has repercussions across several episodes."

SUPERGIRL---a rumor claims the Warner Bros. movie will be set in the 1970s with Brainiac as the villain.

BATGIRL---a rumor claims a 13-episode, live-action series is underway for the DC Universe streaming service.

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD---director Dean DeBlois said the animated movie will be the last project for the movie/tv franchise.

THE WAR BETWEEN---supernatural romance movie underway about a man who bends reality to reconnect with his girlfriend who died in a car crash. Kyra Sedgwick is the director.

STAR WARS---STRANGER THINGS star Gaten Matarazzo was asked when he will appear in a STAR WARS movie, “I want to knowthat, too. I’m not kidding.”

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Sean Connery is best known for playing James Bond, but he also co-starred in the World War II epic, A BRIDGE TOO FAR, which told the story of Operation Market Garden, the Allied invasion of Holland which was supposed to bring an early end to the war in Europe (A BRIDGE TOO FAR had one of the best all-star casts ever assembled for a movie which included Connery, Robert Redford, Michael Caine, Anthony Hopkins, James Caan, Gene Hackman, Laurence Olivier, Maximilian Schell, Liv Ullman, Edward Fox, Elliott Gould, Ryan O'Neal, Dirk Bogarde and Hardy Kruger).
Another of Connery's most memorable roles is Prof. Henry Jones in INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE.
Today is the 74th anniversary of Operation Market Garden, so here are four actors who appeared in A BRIDGE TOO FAR and INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE.

Sean Connery played Maj. Gen. Roy Urquhart in A BRIDGE TOO FAR and Prof. Henry Jones in INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE.

Denholm Elliott played the RAF meteorology officer in A BRIDGE TOO FAR and Dr. Marcus Brody in INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE.

Michael Byrne played Lt. Col. Giles Vandeleur (cousin of Lt. Col. J.O.E. Vandeleur played by Michael Caine) in A BRIDGE TOO FAR and Nazi Col. Ernst Vogel in INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE.

Paul Maxwell played Maj. Gen. Maxwell Taylor in A BRIDGE TOO FAR and villain Panama Hat in INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:34 pm

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18

CAPTAIN MARVEL---trailer released for the movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BCujX3pw8

DEATH KISS---trailer released for the movie starring Hungarian actor Robert Kovacs who strongly resembles Charles Bronson.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1qWWyRztgE

PROSPECT---trailer released for the sci fi movie starring Pedro Pascal (GAME OF THRONES).

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F96wbQ698Z0

THE JOKER---Warner Bros. released the official cast for the movie which includes Joaquin Phoenix, Robert De Niro, Zazie Beetz, Bill Camp, Frances Conroy and Brett Cullen. Cullen replaces Alec Baldwin who would have played Thomas Wayne.

IT: CHAPTER 2---sequel photo released of Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise.

CHARLIE'S ANGELS---Patrick Stewart is in negotiations to play Bosley in the Sony Pictures reboot movie. The movie focuses on an international security and intelligence firm with branches around the world, and each branch is headed by a leader code-named Bosley.

GAME OF THRONES---George RR Martin said he wanted the tv series to last longer, “We could’ve gone 11, 12, 13 seasons. David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] have been saying for like five seasons that seven seasons is all they would go. We got them to go to eight but not any more than that. There was a period like five years ago when they were saying seven seasons and I was saying 10 seasons and they won, they’re the ones actually working on it. I know all of the actors, as great as they are, all the actors are anxious to get on and play other roles. They don’t want to spend their entire lives playing one role and that’s fine, that’s great, we had such an amazing cast.”

SYNCHRONIC---Anthony Mackie and Jamie Dornan are in talks to star in this movie about two New Orleans paramedics who deal with a designer drug that causes bizarre, unworldly deaths and side effects.

RED SONJA---Bryan Singer is in negotiations to direct the reboot movie.

THE CONNERS---Roseanne Barr confirmed how her character will be killed off in the spinoff series, “Oh ya, they killed her. They have her die of an opioid overdose.”

EMMY AWARDS---the telecast of the 70th Emmy Awards had the lowest audience ever and was down 10% from last year.

THE KEPT---Angelina Jolie will star in this movie based on the novel set in 1897 where a mother and her young son team up to seek revenge on those who murdered their family.

TRIVIA---in the CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND scene where the enormous alien Mothership appears, the Team Leader was played by Merrill Connally, the brother of Texas Gov. John Connally who was wounded in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Merrill Connally played the Team Leader who said about the aliens, "Einstein was probably one of them."

Connally's brother, Texas Gov. John Connally, was wounded in the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:26 pm

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19

HALLOWEEN---new trailer released for the sequel.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYQ3EITeG5g&t=5s

THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE---Netflix released a trailer for the ten-episode horror miniseries based on the Shirley Jackson novel.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux8yKux3Y1U

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---Andy Serkis cancelled his appearance at Keystone Comic Con due to a schedule conflict. This led to speculation he will return as Supreme Leader Snoke in EPISODE IX which is currently filming.

GRUMPY OLD MEN---Eddie Murphy will star in the remake of the 1993 comedy movie that starred Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon. Samuel L. Jackson is rumored to be a candidate for the other lead role.

MARVEL STUDIOS---Marvel is developing miniseries for the Disney streaming service. They include Loki and Scarlet Witch with Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olson expected to return. Each miniseries will be about six to eight episodes.

MAD ABOUT YOU---Paul Reiser said he talked with Helen Hunt about a revival of their tv series, “For a long time we discussed never doing it, and then we said, ‘You know what, it could be actually fun.’ And we’ve kind of actually said sure. And now the studio needs to figure out if they know how to do it.” The series ran on NBC from 1992-1999.

SESAME STREET---former writer Mark Saltzman said Bert and Ernie are gay lovers that represented his relationship with editor Arnold Glassman, "I always felt that without a huge agenda, when I was writing Bert and Ernie, they were. I didn't have any other way to contextualize them. The other thing was, more than one person referred to Arnie and I as 'Bert and Ernie.' "
Sesame Workshop tweeted its response, "...Bert and Ernie are best friends. They were created to teach preschoolers that people can be good friends with those who are very different from themselves...they remain puppets, and do not have a sexual orientation."

LAST CHRISTMAS---Emilia Clarke (GAME OF THRONES) and Henry Golding (CRAZY RICH ASIANS) will star in the romantic comedy set in London during Christmas. Paul Feig is the director.

A HIGHER LOYALTY---CBS is in negotiations to develop a miniseries based on fired FBI Director James Comey's memoir.

CHILD'S PLAY---Aubrey Plaza and Brian Tyree Henry are in talks to star in the remake movie.

TRIVIA---Peter O'Toole (LAWRENCE OF ARABIA, THE LION IN WINTER) received a record eight Academy Award nominations without winning. In 2002, O'Toole received the Academy Honorary Award.
Surprisingly, O'Toole starred in the poorly-received horror movie PHANTOMS based on the Dean Koontz novel. Ben Affleck, Joanna Going, Liev Schreiber and Rose McGowan also starred.

Peter O'Toole received the first of his record eight non-winning Academy Award nominations for LAWRENCE OF ARABIA.

O'Toole played Dr. Timothy Flyte in PHANTOMS.

Ben Affleck played Sheriff Bryce Hammond, and Liev Scheiber played creepy Deputy Stu Wargle.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News