[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony (Home) Telephones

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:35 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony (Home) Telephones

Sony (Home) Telephones

General questions you have about this website. How to improve it, new features you would like to see, things you don't like, any comments in general. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator: jttar

by silk42 » Fri May 15, 2009 6:48 pm

How to reconnect a registered Sony phone spp-h273:

I got this from Sony several years ago and it works for me:

All at the same time enter: 1 ez access pgm

The above may take several tries to get all 3 button pushed at the same time.

You will here a beep.

Hit pgm.

A message will appear telling you to enter sysytem ID.

enter sysytem ID (# on bottom of base).

enter pgm.

You do not have to be next to the base in order to do this.

I have reconnect my phone several times this way.

silk42
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Sat May 16, 2009 6:21 pm

silk42,

Greetings and welcome.

Thanks for joining the forum and for the great first post. Hopefully, this will help other members trying to reconnect a registered SPP-H273 phone.

Hope to see more of your helpful posts in the future.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Reinhart » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:58 pm

I didn't think Sony phones were that bad so it's kind of sad that they don't make them.

I have an SPP-S9101 that was given to me as the handset's ear piece stopped working, which turned out to be a broken wire connection to the speaker. Easy fix.

I plan on keeping it and using it until it stops working completely and the problem cannot be repaired. However, one potential problem that may force me to get a new phone are batteries; this model uses a particular battery (BP-T31) that Sony does not have available anymore and many aftermarket suppliers don't seem to make it anymore either.

I'll get a Panasonic if I had to, though. I'm kind of skittish on Uniden. I'd never get any other brand than those mentioned.
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by jttar » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:00 pm

Hello Reinhart,

I too was skiddish on Uniden but i recently was walking through my local "Target" and they had them on sale. I took a chance and spent $19 (USD) for a single base handset (expandable to six) and I am VERY impressed by the features and the sound quality of the handset. The range is suprisingly good too. For the price I figure if it lasts any amount of time it was a good deal.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by AL_Phones » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:46 pm

Looks like a few of the SPP 27 Series Phones are still around....  I actually wrote the Adding a Handset Cheat Sheet I see posted above...  It ends with AL and my old Sony Phone Number at Bristol, PA. Closed now for years...  WOW... That was a long time ago...

Another Tech found this method and I made up the cheat sheet to help people. It was a unauthorized fix.... The other tech went on to work on Tivo and I was left to the phones until they stopped making them.

The handsets had a weakness as in if the users also used hand lotion, it would get behind the keypad and make the numbers stop working.  The pads and circuit board can be cleaned and Radio Shack makes a liquid carbon to paint on the rubber keypad to make it conductive when you press the key.  It shorts contacts on the circuit board... Some have glued hole punch pieces of aluminum foil with success.

I can help you program the replacement handsets.  

I do this with no warranty and at no charge.

I later found that Sony does not want this back door method used as if you hit the wrong key, the phone can go Brain Dead.    

I won't debate Sony's choice to stop making the phones.  In my 8 years at Sony, the first making Picture Tubes starting in 95 at San Diego and the last 4 in Bristol near Philly.  It was a Business Decision as was the closing of the Service Center and moving it to San Diego.

I just want to help if I can.  I have the phone in my home and shop, it's a GREAT Phone.

AL

AL_Phones
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by AL_Phones » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:15 pm

+1 Another Phone fixed...  less than 5 min on the phone...  Max in Boston...

Good Luck,

AL

digitalwoodshop  at aol dot com
AL_Phones
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Previous

Return to General Questions