[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony (Home) Telephones

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:52 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony (Home) Telephones

Sony (Home) Telephones

General questions you have about this website. How to improve it, new features you would like to see, things you don't like, any comments in general. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator: jttar

by dai3yuen » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:00 pm

Why did they stop making them??  At least they don't sell them in Canada anymore.....

Were they really that bad?

dai3yuen
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Toli » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:44 am

I live in the Chicago area and couldn't find any hear either. I had a Sony digital 900Mhz telephone, for many years of good service. I really liked the phone-but sold it in a rummage sale, because I wanted one with caller id. I looked for a while, but I could only find old Sony models. I wish they would bring them back 
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:00 am

dai3yuen- FYI- If you were looking for Sony phone manuals, I know where some are.
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Sprite68 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:00 am

This seems to be the closest thread to my problem. I need some help with a Sony SPPA-2770 and handsets. I have contacted Sony and have not gotten a resolution.
I hope someone on this forum can help.

I cannot get the handset and other remote handsets re-registered to my 2770 I have reset the handsets and the base station numerous times with no success.

By the way the system was working fine, I was trying to get a used handset registered to the 2770 and have only succeded in rendering the whole system inoperative.

Need Help
Sprite68
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Toli » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:16 am

Sprite68- Welcome to Agoraquest. Have you  tried pressing the RESET button on the bottom of the base unit, then re-registering the handsets? Also, have you gone through the troubleshooting section in the manual? 
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Sprite68 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:36 am

Hi Toli,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have. I have reset the handsets several times and I have even performed an alternate reset method given to me by Sony tech. One really puzzling thing about all this is that after resetting the handset and then attempting to register it to the base (with no success, I get "ERROR") I then perform the "TESTB" to see if it has the correct base station number listed and it does not. It has a completely different number listed.
I am wondering if there is an alternate method for resetting the base other than by the reset button.

The troubleshooting section has said I need to send the phone to Sony for repair but I cannot believe that a phone that was working fine before I reset a handset to add it to my system is now in need of repair.
Sprite68
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Toli » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:48 am

Sprite68- Did you have all handsets within 12" of the base before you started to register? Then just register the second handset?

The manual said you shouldn't have to register handset #1, just set it in the base. And that handset #2 had to be registered with all handsets within 12" of the base. If you try to register a handset that is already registered, you will get 'ERROR' in the display. Try moving all the handset within 12" of the base and starting over by removing all the batteries. then put the batteries back in. Then place handset #1 in the base and hopefully it should read handset #1. Next, with handset #2 within 12", then program the second handest. Hope this works.

- Toli KF-50WE610, STR-DA7ES, SAT-HD200, DVP-NS715P; KLIPSCH KSF-10.5(2), KSF-S5(2), KSF-C5, KSW-15, XBOX

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Sprite68 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:25 am

Hi Toli,

By doing the "alternate" method of registering handsets I can get them to readout "Handset 1" and "Handset 2" but when I push Talk I get "No Connection" That is as close as I can get.

The frustrating thing is that I made the system this way and I can't get it back like it was. I reset the phones like the Sony website says but they will NOT re-register. I even went so far as to bring the set to work as I have a 2.4GHz wireless network at home and was wondering if it was interfering with the phone but that did not work either so please keep the suggestions coming, I must be either missing something or doing something wrong.
Sprite68
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Toli » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:34 am

Sprite68- You said about the website, have you followed the instructions in the manual? Because it looks like , from what I've read, if they're not followed, pretty much to the letter it won't work. Do you have the manual? I am still thinking on this, but it's more difficult because I don't have that phone. But we hopefully can figure it out.

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Sprite68 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:25 am

Hi Toli,

Yes, I have the manual that came with the phone. Is there another one or do you have a different one?

I have read my manual and I feel like I have done everything it has talked about.
Sprite68
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Next

Return to General Questions