[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - I hope someone can help

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:16 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - I hope someone can help

I hope someone can help

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by mykyll2727 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:21 am

For a few weeks now I've been having a problem that I hope I can get some help with. For some reason on my hotmail account my junk folder is being forwarded to all of my contacts. I have not sent them. All I have done is to delete the folder. In fact in the junk folder there is no way I can see for me to forward it so it doesn't seem that I did it accidentally. I have run my full McAfee scan twice and it shows no problems. Of course hotmail has no customer service that I know of. Anyone have any idea what's going on and how I can stop it. Any help will be greatly appreciated._mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by jttar » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:07 pm

Hey Mykl,

That sure smacks of viral like activity to me. Even though McAfee is giving you the "all clear" the bug could be flying under it's radar. My suggestion (before doing a fresh install of Window's) would be to run a house call from Trend Micro to see if it catches anything.

If you are not familiar with Trend Micro, it is a free on line scan of your computer to check for Trojans, virus's etc. You will have to install the small program and give it your permission to scan your computer. Hopefully it will find something and be able to remove it from your system.
If you want to give it a try you can find it HERE.

Hopefully NiteHawk will add his two cents here too. He has a sharp computer mind.
Please keep us up to date.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by mykyll2727 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:42 am

Joe_Thanks for the help. Where do you guys learn about stuff like this? Unfortunately the scan showed no threats. Any other ideas?_mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by jttar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Mykl,

Glad to hear that the scan didn't turn up anything. That's good news.

The only other thing that I can think of is that your Hotmail account has been hacked possibly by a spammer. I would try changing your password ASAP using upper and lower case letters, some numbers and a couple of symbols. If it is a case of your Hotmail password being hacked changing it to a more complicated password should stop the activity.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by mykyll2727 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Joe_Thanks I will give it a try!
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by mykyll2727 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:36 pm

I've been unable to reset my password!!! Every time I go to the reset page it keeps leaping back to the previous page!! I'm going to turn my PC off and try again._mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by mykyll2727 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:48 pm

I was able to change password. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for everything. This has been a very frustrating situtation._mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by jttar » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:50 pm

On 2011-07-26 02:48, mykyll2727 wrote:

I was able to change password. I'll keep you posted.  

I appreciate it. Fingers crossed.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by mykyll2727 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Joe_I think that did it!! Thanks so much my friend, I can't tell you how much I appreciate!!!_mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Maxxwire » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:49 pm

_mykl- McAafee let my Dad's PC get infected with over 100 pieces of Malware that I discovered when I did an independent scan of the computer after which the Malware was removed and so was McAffe which I replaced with freeware Avast Antivirus and there hasn't been a problem with Malware since.

There are a pair of free 'on demand' scanners which are very widely recommended...

HitmanPro 3.5 is a cloud scanner with access to 5 of the world's top Antivirus databases. This scan is very fast and never takes more than 30 seconds to scan my entire 120 GB SSD C drive with 18 GB of files on it.

Malwarebytes AntiMalware is also freeware and is probably the most widely recommended of the 'on demand' scanners. It takes Malwarebytes about 5 minutes to scan the C drive on my Intel 320 SSD and unlike freeware HitmanPro the free version of Malwarebytes will do removal of detected Malware.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Next

Return to Computers Misc.