[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Wireless keyboard problems

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:29 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Wireless keyboard problems

Wireless keyboard problems

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by Ken_Edwards » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:02 pm

I can't get the Sony wireless keyboard, model VGP-WKB2/U, to talk to my Sony desktop VGC-RA825G computer. While it has a CONNECT button (like the wireless mouse) it does not have an on/off switch (unlike the wireless mouse). I feel stupid about this, but does anyone know how to turn this keyboard on?
Ken_Edwards
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by stanmed » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:17 pm

Read your manual, it is all in there. You should have a Connect button on your PC or its attachment that is connected via USB. Press connect on both units.
stanmed
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:45 pm

Often it is necessary to load the software before connecting the hardware (wireless keyboard or mouse). Just a thought.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by fo0hzy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:19 pm

Ken_Edwards, I am having the exact same problem. I have the same keyboard, different PC (VGC-RC210G). Wireless mouse works great. Seems so silly having to use an old Compaq keyboard I found in the basement, with this otherwise awesome computer.

On 2006-01-02 23:17, stanmed wrote:
Read your manual, it is all in there. You should have a Connect button on your PC or its attachment that is connected via USB. Press connect on both units.

Manual? I got no manual. There is a connect button on the underside of the keyboard, but pressing it does NOTHING. Have check the batteries. There is NO switch or button on the USB device.

On 2006-01-02 23:45, jttar wrote:
Often it is necessary to load the software before connecting the hardware (wireless keyboard or mouse). Just a thought.

Joe

Wrong again. The software is preloaded.

PLEASE someone give Ken & I an idea as to what the problem is. Otherwise I'll just buy a Logitech wireless. Not dealing with those sales guys again.
fo0hzy
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Toli » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:11 pm

fo0hzy,

There is actually a CONNECT button on the bottom of the radio frequency receiver. First, you must have the keyboard within 11 inches of the radio frequency receiver; the next step has two parts and must be done wihtin 10 seconds of each other. Press the CONNECT button on the radio frequency receiver first, now press the CONNECT button on the keyboard. Communication should now be established.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jabbawockeez » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:27 am

haha. I feel stupid.  The IR receiver does have a connect button.  Its the circule receiver not the rectangle one with the 2 wires coming out with the 10ft cords.
jabbawockeez
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:18 pm

jabbawockeez,

Greetings and welcome.

No need to feel stupid. We are all here to learn and to share the knowledge we gain. Hopefully, your connectivity problem is resolved.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by cheezzzz » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Wow!!   Had to dig up an old thread to solve my problems.
Toli, thanx for the tip.  Got my keyboard working on a Dell pc.
cheezzzz
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to Computers Misc.