[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - VAIO LX series pen tablet computers with Pentium 4

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:27 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - VAIO LX series pen tablet computers with Pentium 4

VAIO LX series pen tablet computers with Pentium 4

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by slindell » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:48 am

The Sony pen tablet computers models PCV-LX 900, 910, 920 featured a 1 GHz Pentium III processor and 512MB maximum RAM. They can be upgraded with PowerLeap processors to 1.4 GHz, but then they run a much noisier fan.

In my opinion, these models support the best pen tablet display available, especially because the stand provides the most ergonomic adjustability of any similar monitor.
On Sony's Japanese website, I found more advanced models of this great computer. In particular, they made a model PCV-LX96G which had:
Windows XP Home, a Pentium 4 1.80 GHz, 1 GB Max RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, a DVD-RW drive, and a Giga Pocket video I/O card.

http://www.sony.jp/products/Consumer/PCOM/PCV-LX96G/

There are really good pictures available here:
http://www.vaio.com.tw/news/news.asp?id=189

All the websites (at least in Google) that refer to this model are in Japanese. Does anyone know where this model could be obtained, and whether English documentation might be available? The finder's fee will be provided.

slindell
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by TDolce1 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:43 am

Can you be more specific as to the exact model of PowerLeap that will work on the LX900?
I have blown over 100 bucks on incorrect models.

I know PLeap is gone now,...but if I at least knew the exact model to search for online,...I could have a fighting chance.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I have purchased other 1.4 ghz processors that fit perfectly but still did not work or wasn't recognized when trying to boot up.

thanks
Todd
TDolce1
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by slindell » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:45 pm

I installed a PowerLeap PL-Neo/T 1.4 GHz / 133 MHz FSB Intel "Tualatin" Pentium-III/S 512K L2 Cache for $198 on my LX-910 running Windows XP Pro with 2GB of RAM.
The only problems I have had over all these years are that the BIOS does not recognize the processor ID at boot, the CPU runs hotter at about 51°, and unexplained crashes every two or three weeks (it is my work machine and I leave it on all the time) which may be due to bad memory, but I haven't ruled out the processor.

slindell
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Computers Misc.