[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Post on new Sony VAIO SVT151190X laptop

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:53 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Post on new Sony VAIO SVT151190X laptop

Post on new Sony VAIO SVT151190X laptop

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by The-Ish316 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:55 pm

I took a big step in replacing my aged Lenovo laptop.  It was a big step in that I went with a Sony laptop.  Sony does not have a great reputation in PCs.  I wanted to step into the new Win8 world and was used to a touch screen with the old laptop.

I scoured the internet for what I wanted in a laptop.  I was really frustrated with what I was finding.  The sweet spot seemed to be 13" screens at the time, though a few 15" screens existed.  Yet I wanted an all metal chassis/body (for sturdiness) and a 1080p HD 15.5" touchscreen with a Blu-ray burner.  The only one that had this and other features I sought was the Sony VAIO SVT151190X.  

It's an ultraportable class laptop, but yet had the burner which is highly unusual.  This also, unfortunately means that the processor is a bit weak—weaker that I would prefer.  All this being said, I have really enjoyed the computing experience.  This is a very nice machine.

STR-DA4ES, Bravia KDL-52XBR9, DVP-NC600, BDP-S1, Athena AS-F2 fronts, AS-C1 center, CSW Surrounds; ChannelMaster DVR+, Sony HDR-SR12, TC-WR6655S
The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:25 pm

Hello The-Ish316,

It has been awhile but I am happy to see you posting here again. Congratulations on your new SVT151190X. May it serve you well for many years.

Regards,
Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by The-Ish316 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:45 pm

Thanks, Joe!
Well, it's a new year and I'm still enjoying the VAIO laptop. It's been a great boon to have while my life is in a significant transition. All the HT equipment is in storage and with the VAIO we can still watch Blu-ray movies in FULL HD. The sound is missing, but we'll have the stuff out of storage some day and it will all be good.

DenMar

STR-DA4ES, Bravia KDL-52XBR9, DVP-NC600, BDP-S1, Athena AS-F2 fronts, AS-C1 center, CSW Surrounds; ChannelMaster DVR+, Sony HDR-SR12, TC-WR6655S
The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by The-Ish316 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:24 pm

This year has been a different year for the VAIO. It's been in for repair twice. The first time for a fan and heat sink issue coupled with a power outlet being loose. Simple enough to repair, right? Not if you are Sony's preferred and only means for PC repair—the Geek Squad. I was worried when I had to send it in to them. It went to their hub in Tennessee. So I thought maybe it would be better.

NOT SO! More than 6 weeks later... it came back repaired. 1 week there, 1 week back, and 4 weeks ordering and getting the wrong part... and waiting... and waiting... and having to take the initiative on what was going on with it.

After nearly 2 months of blissful use—it shut off. Click, click. Unresponsive. She's dead, Jim. Not able to power on. Battery in, battery out. Nothing. Pleading with Sony, "Don't make me take it back to Geek Squad."

The Geeks have it. :cry:

The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jehill » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:19 pm

Sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are having with your VAIO SVT151190X and the Geek Squad. Once you get it back, the next thing that you will probably want to do is get the free Windows 10 upgrade.

I managed to get through the transition from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but not without some pain and several hours of Microsoft Level 2 support. I am sure that my circa 2007 Dell XPS420 desktop with a couple hundred apps on it gave the upgrade software quite a challenge. If you do attempt the upgrade, be sure to backup your PC. I had to restore my Widows Live Mail storage folders from the backup. They were nowhere to be found elsewhere.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

Return to Computers Misc.