[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Viao VGN-FW21L WiFi Link keeps disabling itself

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:24 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Viao VGN-FW21L WiFi Link keeps disabling itself

Viao VGN-FW21L WiFi Link keeps disabling itself

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony computer system(i.e. driver issue, display resolution, irq conflict, computer stalls, low memory issue, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by therustyone » Fri May 07, 2010 9:55 am

The WiFi link on the above has disabled itself twice in the last month, both times when running on battery.  The manual WiFi switch is set to ON but the green LED light doesn't come on, however the network indicator panel on the Windows (Vista) desktop indicates WiFi is on.  In control panel device manager - network adapters - it reads that Intel Wireless WiFi link 5100 is working normally, even though it isn't.  It also disabled when I downloaded Sony's WiFi driver upgrade, but this was undone by a system restore to an earlier date.
I found that I can get WiFi working again by an HD reformat and reinstalling everything using the system recovery DVD's but this takes hours.   Is there a better way to access the WiFi hardware.
thanks
therustyone
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Fri May 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Hello therustyone,

Greetings and welcome.
From your description it does sound like a driver or software confliction. That is why reformatting corrects the issue but some driver update or 3rd party software is causing some sort of an anomaly causing the device to be disabled.
The only thing I can suggest would be after a fresh install just use it without adding all your other programs or updated drivers for a few days and see if it stays enabled. If so, try adding one program at a time and see if you can find out which one your WiFi card doesn't play well with.
Please keep us updated.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by stevephillips79 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:29 am

Hi,

Vaio VGN-FW21L WiFi Link keeps disabling itself the Vaio Smart Network utility seems to slow down the start-up process network indicator panel on the Windows (Vista) desktop indicates WiFi is on.

Earn an Extra $1000 to $1200 per month doing Part Time Data Entry Jobs! Work from home data entry jobs to post simple data submissions on Internet. Make $1 per entry. Easy form filling, data entry and ad posting jobs. No selling,No phone calls,No Marketing.No Investment.Bi-weekly payments Full Training Provided Pls visit: Data-Entry
stevephillips79
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Computers Troubleshooting