[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Bluray burning - rendering times

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:22 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Bluray burning - rendering times

Bluray burning - rendering times

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony computer system(i.e. driver issue, display resolution, irq conflict, computer stalls, low memory issue, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by Ninel » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:48 am

Hi everyone,

I have a Sony HD video camera (HDR-HC1) with miniDVtape and a Sony laptop (VGN-FW21Z) with a bluray burner. I am havingVERY long rendering times when trying to burn video footage on a bluraydisc using Adobe Premier Elements 4 that came with the mashine.

Very nice result of a 20 minutes HD footage on bluray , but this took already like 3-4 hours, fan screeming, processor at 100%.

Question:Wouldn't be too much for the laptop to render two hours HD video,probably it will take the computer like 15 hours hard work. I don't want to screw upthe 3 months old computer. And that would be one disc only. I will havecouple to render and burn.

Thanx !
Ninel
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by NiteHawk » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:08 pm

I doubt you will screw anything up with the 15 hours of rendering time required.  Even though you a have a dual core processor and 4 GB of memory, their is not much you can do to lower your times on the laptop (outside of trying a diferent program).  Even on a desktop, rendering times are brutal, but there are various options you can use to reduce your time.

Upgrading from dual to quad core can reduce your times significantly.  Increasing your memory can lower your time as well.  One of the most cost effective way to reduce time on a desktop is to get a second hard disk.  It obvious that putting together a desktop will incur an additional expense, which might not be too purdent at this particular time.

As long as your are not in a rush to burn Bluray, 15 hours might not seems so bad; if it means saving about $800.  Peace.     
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Backspin2006 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:22 pm

May want to get a Quad core processor with at least 8 gigs of memory
Backspin2006
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Computers Troubleshooting