[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - VGN-PCV W1/G Monitor with no power. I think.

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:22 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - VGN-PCV W1/G Monitor with no power. I think.

VGN-PCV W1/G Monitor with no power. I think.

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony computer system(i.e. driver issue, display resolution, irq conflict, computer stalls, low memory issue, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by Dam14n » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:50 pm

PS did you actually watch these so called engineers dismantle your pc because it takes a lot of time and patience you can only swap the ram and the cpu out so what did that test and to do that you have to fully remove the heavy screen from the main processing body and by the time you got to that stage you would not have given up or at least i wouldn't.... Damian
Dam14n
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:49 pm

Damian,

Greetings and welcome.

Thank you for your input. Hope to see more of your helpful posts in the future.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Brianqaf81 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:42 am

Hi Damian,

I've still got the unit.  Despite there conclusions I still couldn't bring myself to get rid of it.  The company kept my PC for about 9 days, but as you say - I've no proof they actually did the stuff they said they did.

What do you suggest I do now? Should I go back to them and ask them to install a processor?  Is there anyone on here that can help?

Cheers.
Brianqaf81
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Brianqaf81 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:29 am

Hi everyone.

FOR SALE FREE
VGN-PCV W1/G  with mouse, remote control and manuals (disks etc) but NOT WORKING.  Fan starts but seemingly no power to monitor.  *see above posts.

It's taken 2 years of mourning but I'm finally ready to let go of my bitterness/upset and get rid of the damn thing, which was a dream until it broke.

It's broken in the sense that I am not techie enough to fix it, but if anyone wants it for spares or even having a go at getting it up and running again, I'll happily give it away for free.

Obviously, it'll need collecting (I visit Birmingham, Milton Keynes & Northampton a lot) so meeting up in those areas to bring it to you is an option.

If you want it, send me a message.  I'll get back to you asap.  If I don't get any messages by Jan 1st I'll recycle it at work (which I think involves crushing) (I'll give the bloody thing a kick whilst I'm at it too! )

Cheers.
Brianqaf81
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Brian,

Sorry for your loss but it a very generous offer of you. Hopefully someone who lives in or close to the Birmingham area can take advantage of your kindness.

Cheers to you,
Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Brianqaf81 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:51 am

Going once.  *sobs*

Going twice.  *cries some more*

*poor excuse to bump to the top, instead of allowing my Sony VGN-PCV W1/G die with dignity.

Brian
Brianqaf81
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Previous

Return to Computers Troubleshooting