[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - VAIOgrx560 Networking, XP Upgrade, & Jog Dial +++

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:02 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - VAIOgrx560 Networking, XP Upgrade, & Jog Dial +++

VAIOgrx560 Networking, XP Upgrade, & Jog Dial +++

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony computer system(i.e. driver issue, display resolution, irq conflict, computer stalls, low memory issue, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by VAIOgrx560 » Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:16 am

I have a small home network with a Linksys hub. My new VAIO GRX560 with XP home auto detects the network & dynamically assigns an IP address. I can surf the Net but I cannot see any any of the shared resources on the other devices (Win9 on the network - after setting up the same Workgroup name).

Linksys says I need to upgrade to XP Pro for the advanced networking features. I hear the upgrade often disables the Jog Dial software, etc. Does anyone have any current tips on the upgrade process to minimize the disabling, etc.?

Your time & input is very appreciated!

VAIOgrx560
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by EzDoezit » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:54 pm

I have a similar setup and I found I had to share at least one folder on the XP Home machine for it to see and access the 98 machines.
EzDoezit
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by stevephillips79 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:34 am

Hi,

VAIOgrx560 Networking, XP Upgrade, & Jog Dial +++ is a small network, Telecom, Fax / modem - mini PCI - 56 Kbps. Networking, Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet.

Earn an Extra $1000 to $1200 per month doing Part Time Data Entry Jobs! Work from home data entry jobs to post simple data submissions on Internet. Make $1 per entry. Easy form filling, data entry and ad posting jobs. No selling,No phone calls,No Marketing.No Investment.Bi-weekly payments Full Training Provided Pls visit: Data-Entry
stevephillips79
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Computers Troubleshooting