[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sound card problem; drivers needed (help!)

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:15 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sound card problem; drivers needed (help!)

Sound card problem; drivers needed (help!)

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony computer system(i.e. driver issue, display resolution, irq conflict, computer stalls, low memory issue, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by OmarC14 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:21 am

Hey I have a PCV-RS613G running on a Windows XP Professional.

This computer was recently attacked by some unknown virus, and in the attack it deleted all partitions (even the hidden recovery disk partition installed by Sony!).

So now I reinstalled new harddrives which are going all well, and installed Windows XP Proffessional.

Now everything is going fine except for the sound, I hear no sound because I don't have the drivers for this AC`97 Onboard Audio Controller, which I guess is some generic card Sony threw in.

Also, when I contacted Sony they told me to buy the Recovery Disk, but why should I buy it when I was entitled to it for free when I bought the computer (Yes, I bought it from Best Buy and they didn't give me any CDs or documentation!).

So now I am hoping someone on this board has those drivers that cannot be found anywhere, please I really need this and I will be in your debt if you can provide me with those drivers. Thanks alot.

- Omar :up
OmarC14
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:07 pm

OmarC14,

Greetings and welcome. HERE is a link to download the driver for the AC`97 Onboard Audio Controller. I hope it helps.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by OmarC14 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:41 am

Thank you for that link jttar but there is a problem when I run it:

VIA AC97 Audio Chipset is not found on this system!

I guess that isn't the right driver? ;/

OmarC14
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:27 pm

OmarC14,

Can you remove the cover of your PCV-RS613G and post the chipset numbers off the audio chip? With these numbers I can do a search for the WinXP driver for you. The motherboard model number would help also.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by OmarC14 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:07 pm

OK I will look for the chipset number but I know my motherboard is the Asustek P4SD-VL.
OmarC14
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:52 pm

Omar,

I had no luck finding the audio drivers from Asus using your mother board model number  P4SD-VL. I think that it might have a CMI chipset but I will wait and see if you come up with a number.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by OmarC14 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:46 am

I have looked over the whole inside of my computer I see no audio numbers.

:/
OmarC14
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:28 am

OmarC14,

I may have had some luck, after a lot of searching I found that the onboard audio for the PCV-RS613G is a SoundMax AC97 Digital Audio chip. Go HERE to download the driver. Let us know how it goes.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by OmarC14 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:59 pm

Well again jttar/Joe thanks alot for helping me, but I have tried this driver already and I tried it once again, this is the error I recieve:

Maybe you know how to fix this? Thanks alot, I will await your answer.

And rebooting gives same result.

- OmarC14

OmarC14
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:03 pm

OmarC14,

I am not sure how you are trying to install the driver. If you haven't done it this way already try this: Go into Control Panel/ System/Hardware/Device Manager and locate the Sound and game controller (should have a yellow question mark in front of it), right click on the entry and select properties and then update driver. When you get to the screen of driver location, select browse and then browse to the folder or place where you have the driver saved. It should be a   ****.ini file. From what I have read on line, this should be the correct driver for the PCV-RS613G. Another option you have is to purchase an in-expensive audio card and install it into an available PCI slot. For the trouble your having it might be the easiest/quickest solution but it would be nice if you could solve the riddle of why the onboard audio driver is not being recognized. Please post an update.

Joe 
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Next

Return to Computers Troubleshooting