[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony VAIO VGC-RA710G now detects blank DVD-Rs as blank CD-Rs!

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:17 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony VAIO VGC-RA710G now detects blank DVD-Rs as blank CD-Rs!

Sony VAIO VGC-RA710G now detects blank DVD-Rs as blank CD-Rs!

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony computer system(i.e. driver issue, display resolution, irq conflict, computer stalls, low memory issue, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by AxleMunshine » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:30 am

Hi,

I am new here and it looks like the best place for Sony info & help!

Here's my problem.  For no apparant reason, my Sony VAIO VGC-RA710G cannot detect blank DVDs anymore.

I noticed it when trying to burn TV shows through Click-to-DVD and got a "ID:1536 Cannot write to the disc because of an error." message.

In XP, with Media Center closed, Windows used to put up an Autoplay for the desired DVD authoring software.  Now, it pop ups an Autoplay for CD-R recording?!??

I'm puzzled, I did not install anything and 2 days ago, everything was working fine.  Now, for no reason, it always does that.  I tried numerous blank DVDs from the same batch that used to work and I still have the same problem: they are detected as blank CD-Rs!

The drive works fine to read DVDs, CD, etc.  The problem is with blank DVDs.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Axle

AxleMunshine
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Seifer_Almasy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:48 am

Windows does not recognise DVD writters for drag and drop recording liek it does with CD-R's.

What you need to do is un-install the program you used to write the dvd's before and then re-install it again as if its not working somethings obviously went wrong with your dvd recorder software.
Seifer_Almasy
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by kevinwa » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:38 pm

Did you ever get any resolution to this problem.

I've had the Sony VGC-RA710G since July and just got around to trying to record TV and then burnto a DVD. I can't do it either. I've either had the same error messge you had or it starts to work and then just stalls and stays in the "Converting to DVD mode and never writes.

WHenI put a DVD in the drive I also have Windows ask me if I want o burn a audio CD and offers several programs none of them DVD wrriting.

I also tried to use Vaio's Recover Wizard to backup the software to DVD's and that also does not work

Hope you got more then the one reply here
kevinwa
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Centauri-A4 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:01 pm

Don't you just love people who reply with absolutely useless information; like talking about "drag and drop" when your question was about burning recorded programming when you get the 1536 error.

I just started having that problem and I can't believe there is no help for this, anywhere.  And everywhere I look I see mostly useless information about "checking your options", "make sure it's a new disk".....
Centauri-A4
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Backspin2006 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:26 pm

try going into device manager and delete optical drive driver and restart computer so windows can reinstall the driver
Backspin2006
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Computers Troubleshooting