[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - giga pocket

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:53 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - giga pocket

giga pocket

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony computer settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your computer settings, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals..

Moderator: jttar

by superchick961 » Wed Apr 17, 2002 12:23 pm

I just purchased a sony computer with gigapocket and pico player Does any one have any idea how to use this. There were no specific directions in the users manual. and the help screen is so confusing. I dont understand giga pocket what it is , what it does, or how it works HELP!!! and how do i connect to gigapocket server?null
superchick961
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Trigger » Wed May 15, 2002 1:32 am

Superchick961,

As a proud gigapocket owner, I understand some of your frustration.

First off, pico player is for network playback of gigapocket content - i.e. a notebook on your own wireless network can access your desktop and can watch tv. With the server on, a pico player client should be able to simply show your desktop's name, and connect easily.

What issues do you have? What do you want to do? Gigapocket can watch TV, record it, convert it, stream it, and capture analog video camera content.

Trigger
Trigger
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by VAIO » Sat Jun 22, 2002 11:55 am

So lets say I've got my VAIO laptop connected to the internet through broadband, but it is somewhere far away from my home. Can I use the laptop to connect to Gigapocket and stream TV or DVDs from my home to my laptop through the interner? Or do I have to be on a LAN with my home computer to take advantage of the streaming features. Also, how is the streaming quality/frame rate when compared to regular television or DVDs, assuming the internet connection is quite good? Thanks for your answers, Gigapocket seems great but is not well explained by Sony.
VAIO
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jkerdsri » Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:00 am

I have the same question. Just bought Vaio a few weeks ago . I'm trying to use Giga Pocket but I couldn't connect to the server. It required user name and password. Where can I get those info?
jkerdsri
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by tnebitko » Sat Aug 24, 2002 9:56 am

Where can you get a giga pocket server? I have videos in .wmv format made from a sony videocam. The picoplayer on my Vaio plays only mpeg-1 format and will not play wmv that has been converted to mpeg-1. It has to be a video capsule made with the giga pocket.
tnebitko
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by EzDoezit » Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:30 pm

You have to provide the GigaPocket server, either on the same computer as the PicoPlayer or on a computer on your LAN (local area network).

If you do not have the GigaPocket hardware and software then PicoPlayer is basically useless to you.
EzDoezit
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by MoGuy » Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:51 pm

I've tried and tried to export from gigapocket to mpeg2. Ever piece of dvd burning/authoring software i have complains about the format and closes.

Can you only "send to" click to dvd and the cliv (?) ??????

Thanks...
MoGuy
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by pathasse » Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:45 am

ok what the hell how do i use giga pocket i have tried to use this thing so many damn times and it wont connect to the mother f-ing server. If there is anyone out there that can tell me wtf i can do to get this shit to work please tell me i am so pissed at this damn picoplayer giga pocket what ever you call it
pathasse
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by vaioman » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:24 am

Try this Link for GIGA POCKET PDF

http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/support/pc/pcvmxs10/
vaioman
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Hiren » Sat May 17, 2003 9:21 pm

anyone know how to connect the gigapocket to the tv so i can watch my recorded shows on the tv instead of the computer?

i bought a 12ft s-video cable already, connected it from comp to my adapter to the tv since my tv doesnt have an s-video port

no picture shows on my tv's input channels
i've also tried connecting the 7-pin to 4-pin s-video adapter and i get the same thing

and the help manuals and all that are on the computer dont tell you anything about the s-video out
the supplied manuals dont say anything either?
WTF!!!
Hiren
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Next

Return to Computers Configuration