[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - VGC-RA830G Question

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:55 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - VGC-RA830G Question

VGC-RA830G Question

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony computer settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your computer settings, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals..

Moderator: jttar

by cheezzzz » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:23 am

Hello folks, it's been awhile since I have posted in these forums.  I still have my VGC-RA830G and I was thinking about clean installing Win XP Pro Edition so I can get rid of all the bloated Sony software that came with the recovery disks.  My questions:

a.  Is it possible to do a clean install of WinXP (Not from the recovery disk.  I have a copy of XP but afraid to install it).

b.  Will the installation only affect the C drive?  I have 4 other partitions where I keep media, games, etc.

c.  If installation on the C drive is succesful, will I still be able to access the 4 different partitions?

d.  If something goes wrong during the installation will I be able go back a use the recovery disks?

Thanks in advance.
cheezzzz
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by NiteHawk » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:43 am

A. You should be able to do a clean install, provided you have the product key for XP pro.

B.  Yes, if you tell it so.  There will come a point during installation where you will be asked which partition you want to install the OS on.  Make sure you choose the C drive.

C.  Yes.

D.  Depends on the problem.  That's why it's best to backup your files now while your computer is running ok.

Nothing like closing the barn door after the cows have got out.  
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by cheezzzz » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:55 am

Thanks for the info, NiteHawk.
cheezzzz
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to Computers Configuration