[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Virus Protection conflict

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:21 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Virus Protection conflict

Virus Protection conflict

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony computer settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your computer settings, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals..

Moderator: jttar

by ivtec » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi guys; i have A VGN A100 series and i have DSL with the Security Suite Protection,OK what happens is that my wireless from this dsl keeps falling,while other wireless like my neighbor's don't, if i connect with i cable to the DSL router is OK,i know for a fact that is the dsl virus protection that is causing the wireless connection to fall because when i uninstalled the dsl protection it doesn't  happen.also when i turn on the laptop than The Well come  comes on it takes longer time to show shortcut items on the screen, in order to reactivate the wireless connection i have to go in the Windows Security protection and turn on and off some setting special the virus where it says Recommended, well i can solve all this by taking out the virus protection but then I'm afraid to get infected which will be a lot worse or just connect a Ethernet cable which is a drag with cables all over the place,anybody there know a solution to this without being radical,i mean tell me to get a cable connected or just take off the protection thanks in advance.     
ivtec
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by NiteHawk » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:31 pm

If in fact this Security Suite Protection is the cause of the problem, have you considered going to another brand virus protection (AVG, McAfee, Symantec) ?
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by ivtec » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:36 pm

On 2009-01-13 23:31, NiteHawk wrote:
If in fact this Security Suite Protection is the cause of the problem, have you considered going to another brand virus protection (AVG, McAfee, Symantec) ?

Thank you for your help.i solved the problem by going in the windows fire wall, advanced,then  settings and make a mark on DHCP(67)and voila i am good,
ivtec
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by NiteHawk » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:08 pm

Glad to hear that you solved your problem.       
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:47 am

On 2009-01-17 18:36, ivtec wrote:

I solved the problem by going in the windows fire wall.

But how do you protect yourself from the execution of unwanted outbound traffic with windows firewall?

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by dontsleep33 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:10 pm

Windows 7 has advanced options for outgoing traffic.Perhaps he is using it.
dontsleep33
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:58 am

There is certainly a lot of very highly effective personal computer security software available and according to the rigorous 148 part Matousec Proactive Security Challenge the very best ones are free! I just got a Win 7 x64 desktop and the first thing I did was to install the Revo Uninstaller to uninstall Norton Internet Security and all of its over 1,400 files and registry settings, disable Windows Firewall and install the virtually infinitely programmable Comodo Firewall Pro plus Proactive Defense+ HIPS which features a Sandbox in v4.1. I also run my browser sandboxed under Sandboxie for an extra layer of protection and I haven't had so much as one detection of Malware in 1 1/2 years of using this security setup and the best part is that the Comodo Firewall has complete control over every program's access to the internet which is essential because there are so many of them that phone home often...

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:44 pm

Great advise Maxx. I dumped Zone Alarm Pro for the free version of Comodo some time ago. What I like about it is it's small footprint and put simply-- it just works.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by dontsleep33 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:43 pm

I love Comodo firewall also but it might be too intrusive to some users.
dontsleep33
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Return to Computers Configuration