[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony vgn-t350 laptop touchpad

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:54 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony vgn-t350 laptop touchpad

Sony vgn-t350 laptop touchpad

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony computer settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your computer settings, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals..

Moderator: jttar

by JohnnyD » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:14 am

I love my sony laptop but I use a wireless mouse with it.  The problem is I keep touching the touchpad and moving things around.  I would like to disable the touchpad yet not disable the mouse.  Is there a way to do that?  I have looked high and low and cannot find a way to disable the touchpad.
Thanks,
JohnnyD

JohnnyD
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:02 pm

JohnnyD,

Greetings and welcome!

After a pretty thorough search I was unable to find out any information about disableing the touchpad completely. Apparently there is no turning it off in the BIOS or under Control Panel/Mouse.

As close as I could find was how to disable touchpad tapping. If you are interested scroll to the middle of the page under settings and adjustments HERE.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by JohnnyD » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:14 am

Thanks Joe,

That's about where I was before I posted on this board.

I guess I could tape something over it.  LOL

Thanks,
JohnnyD
JohnnyD
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:18 pm

JohnnyD,

A big old piece of duct tape should do the trick and look great to boot!

I will keep an eye out for a solution and will post back here if I can find a way to turn off the touchpad.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by 36xbr450 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:47 am

JohnnyD,

I was just perusing the forums and ran across your question. I know it's been years but if you still need help I believe there's an answer if you haven't gotten one yet!
36xbr450
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by JohnE52T » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi JohnnyD, this is John E52T from Sony.
You should be able to disable the touch pad by doing the following.
Click on Start / All Programs / Open VAIO Control Center / Once there click on the Categories tab / from here expand Keyboard and Mouse / Double click on Built in Point Device / Then un-check enable and click ok. Your mouse should now work while your touch pad is diabled.
JohnE52T
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by I_h8t0w8 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:04 pm

I have a sony VGN-T350 that was opend by a service center and then sent back to me and now the fan makes noise. I figure either there is a wire hitting the blades or the fan needs to be replaced. I have tried but I can't open the unit up enough to get to fan nor can I find documentation or instructions how to open the unit up so that I can replace it. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mary
I_h8t0w8
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Computers Configuration