[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Clean Machine

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:25 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Clean Machine

Clean Machine

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony computer settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your computer settings, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals..

Moderator: jttar

by RobertGonzales » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:59 pm

I have been using a Sony Vaio PCV-RZ14G for video editing for two years without problems. My hard drive crashed and will be replaced with a new one using the system restore cd. I want to "clean out" this computer of everything except items/programs needed for video editing. I know about using the add/remove program but what about all of the stuff in the registry ?  Any suggestions ?
RobertGonzales
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:02 pm

Robert,

Greetings and welcome. After you replace the new hard drive and remove the unwanted programs cleaning the registry is an excellent idea.
I use a program called System Mechanic but there are several good free registry cleaners out there. HERE is a link to one that PCWorld recommends. On the same page there are also free downloads to remove old DLL files and even includes a trial version of System Mechanic. Hope this helps.

Joe

jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by RobertGonzales » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:57 am

Thanks for you response Joe,

The hard drive was installed last night. I spend most of the evening updating Windows and getting a bunch of updates from Sony via the Download Taxi (haven't installed those yet).  
RobertGonzales
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:27 pm

Robert,

It sounds like your well on your way to getting your PCV-RZ14G to that "Clean Machine" status. Please let us know how you make out with one of the registry cleaners and what your opinion is of them.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Return to Computers Configuration