[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - PCV-W1 - no sound in Giga pocket

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:12 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - PCV-W1 - no sound in Giga pocket

PCV-W1 - no sound in Giga pocket

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony computer settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your computer settings, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals..

Moderator: jttar

by orange » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:22 am

hi.
my giga pocket sets up channels, but there's absolutely no sound when playing.

when you turn it on, you can hear sounds for 1 second, and then nothing (except that low noise sound).

what can be the problem and how can it be fixed? thanks.
orange
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:28 pm

orange,

Greetings and welcome. I did a search of this forum for Giga Pocket problems and came up with THIS thread. Give it a read and see if it might help.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by mwesch » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:41 am

The Solution, Finally!!!
Make sure the AUX volume is not muted. Confession: Mine has been muted for 18 months while I tried various drivers and tricks to make Giga Pocket work. The trick is that Giga Pocket uses AUX volume which is not used by many (if any) other programs. Therefor it will seem like your volume is on and all sound is working except for Giga Pocket. I was amazed to find my AUX volume muted and to find such a simple solution.

Follow these steps to enable the auxiliary audio port in the Microsoft® Windows® XP operating system.
(from Sony's knowledge base):

1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, double-click the Sound, Speech and Audio Devices icon.
3. In the Sound, Speech and Audio Devices window, in the See Also box, click Advanced Volume Controls.
4. In the Volume Controls window, on the menu bar, click Options.
5. On the Options menu, click Properties.
6. In the Properties window, in the Show the following volume controls box, click to select the AUX box.
7. Click the OK button.
8. In the Volume Controls window, under AUX, click to clear the Mute box.
9. Adjust the volume slider to the desired level.
10. On the menu bar, click Options.
11. On the Options menu, click Exit.

Note that not all systems have an "AUX" volume setting, but maybe this will help a few naive users like myself who have been struggling to fix this pesky problem while unknowingly having their sound muted.
mwesch
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Computers Configuration