[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - v505bx disassembly and fan replacement question

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:36 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - v505bx disassembly and fan replacement question

v505bx disassembly and fan replacement question

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony computer settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your computer settings, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals..

Moderator: jttar

by rhadsea » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:50 pm

Hello all,

I have been trying to replace the fan on my vaio v505bx laptop. However, I cannot seem to get the bottom cover off to fully get to the fan. I have the service manual for the v505BL/BX/BXP model Ver 2-2003H and I have looked at it so many time to see if I've missed a screw or a plastic tab somewhere, but I guess I just can't seem to figure it out.

Does someone have a step by step guide on how to take the bottom cover off so that someone can replace hardware other than the hard-drive?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

rhadsea
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jorgsor » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:41 pm

Hi I was wondering if you found a manual or some help on how to open the case of your vaio, I need to change a defective cdrw drive but I can't figure out how to pull out the drive. I'll appreciate any help.

jorgsor
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by rhadsea » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:07 am

Hello,

I finally paid $35 to get the fan on my v505bx replaced. The computer shop I went to said that they will never work on this model Sony laptop again.

The manager thought it would only be a half-hour's work (which is what he charged me) but it took him and another assistant about 1.5 hours. To replace the fan, they had to literally almost disassemble the whole thing to get the fan out.

They showed me some hidden screws that I needed to take out that were hidden behind some plastic coverings. But, in the end, I would never try to open this up again.

Here's a link to the diagram:
http://rapidshare.de/files/7864972/PCGV505BX.pdf.html 

Hope that helps.

rhadsea
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:57 pm

rhadsea,

Glad to hear that your fan ordeal is finally over. You made out real good with only paying $35 but it sounds like it was a real nightmare for the tech.

Thanks for the link. I downloaded the PDF and hopefully it and I will be able to help other forum members in the future. I appreciate not only your update but also providing the tools to help others. Regards.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by xdanx » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:50 am

rhadsea

Can you please upload the diagram again?? or you can just email it..thank you

xdanx@earthlink.net
xdanx
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:35 am

xdanx,

Check your post in the Computer Misc. for my reply.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by rhadsea » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:22 pm

On 2007-02-01 05:50, xdanx wrote:
rhadsea

Can you please upload the diagram again?? or you can just email it..thank you

Sorry for the late reply. Actually, I don't have the file anymore. I still have the laptop, but not the file. Hopefully, Joe, the Sony Pro, was able to help you out since he said he downloaded it. Good luck.
rhadsea
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:53 pm

rhadsea,

I had downloaded the file but have since formated my computer and managed to lose the file. Fortunately, I was able to find xdanx a link HERE that shows the exploited picture of the disassembled v505 laptop. I haven't heard back from him so hopefully it helped.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by sbbrown » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:24 pm

sbbrown
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:42 pm

Hello Stan,

The link that I provided rhadsea is no longer active. Give THIS site a look. I have used it in the past to find Sony service manuals and they are FREE.
My guess is that they will have the dissassembly pics for your V505ACP.

Best of luck,
Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Return to Computers Configuration