[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Help! Jog Dial Software/driver for SRX series

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:59 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Help! Jog Dial Software/driver for SRX series

Help! Jog Dial Software/driver for SRX series

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony computer settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your computer settings, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals..

Moderator: jttar

by pilotdoc » Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:12 pm

I bought this in Japan before it came out in North America. Now I don't know how to make the jog dial work with an English OS. Everything else seems to be OK, but the jog dial is simply unresponsive no matter what software I install.

I have tried ftp.vaio-link.com and downloaded JDD_sny_64006.exe and JD_PI_sny_1232.exe
This installs some software and it shows up on the screen and in the status window (near the clock), but the jog dial is dead still.

If I restore the system with the Japanese System Recovery Disks, the dial is functional again, but of course everything is in Japanese.

I can selectively install the Japanese version of the Jog Dial Software on Win XP English, but the text is in Japanese and the Jog Dial is still unresponsive.

If anyone can help me out with software or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

I can live without the functionality of all the extra software, but it would be great to have a functioning Jog Dial.

Thanks!
pilotdoc
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by duykhang » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:25 pm

I have same problem. My laptop is VAIO PCG-GR370. I find jog dial utility but its in Japanese. Who can help me and show me what software suitable with my laptop
Thanks
duykhang
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by VAIONVR23 » Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:12 pm

To pilotdoc and duykhang.... I have stummbled across the same problem, however through careful and extensive research(don't waste your time with Sony tech support, I was appauled) I have found the solution. If you would like you can email me at wildcoyote72@hotmail.com and I will be glad to help you 2 out.
VAIONVR23
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by glenrouter » Mon May 19, 2003 3:18 am

I also got thesame problem with my vaio pcg-gr3n/bp laptop but was able to make everything work(thanks to allan for provding all the drivers). Here are some softwares we installed under win XP OS:

cybercode shared lib
cyber support 3.5 for vaio
hotkey utility
jog dial utility
openmg secure module 3.0.03
power panel
sony dv shared library
sony utilities dll

please note that some of the softwares are in Japanese version...you can find it on the recovery CD's

Hope this helps.

Joggy
glenrouter
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by lexomil » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:39 pm

I downloaded some softwares from Sony US site but I can't find the Jog Dial one, I can't install the one for Windows XP and when I try to install the one I found designed for Windows 2000, a pop-up tells that I don't have the right model....
The softwares working on my notebook are all for PCG-SR7K (Mine is PCG-SR9G/K Japanese) but they don't have the Jog Dial utility for Windows 2000 designed for this model.

Can anyone help me please???
lexomil
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Computers Configuration