[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Upgrading to XP pro

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:37 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Upgrading to XP pro

Upgrading to XP pro

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony computer settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your computer settings, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals..

Moderator: jttar

by longandstraight » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:58 am

I am looking to purchase a Sony vaio PCV-RS430g.Does anybody know if there is a problem to upgrade to XP pro which I need for  off site networking.? I had read from a user that Sony doesn't support xp pro for this model.
Does  anybody have a definitive answer?

Thanks,
Russ  
longandstraight
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by NiteHawk » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:20 am

If you go to their Website, they state that you should use Windows XP Pro.  Go figure.   
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Agent008 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:25 pm

Currently for the RS430G, Sony does not support a Win XP Pro update.  You will be able to upgrade to XP Pro but might run into some driver issues for some hardware components. One alternative for you is to go to sonystyle.com and configure-to-order a VAIO for your needs which include the options for GigaPocket and XP Pro and other options.
Agent008
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by ldivinag » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:52 am

On 2004-01-28 19:25, Agent008 wrote:
Currently for the RS430G, Sony does not support a Win XP Pro update. You will be able to upgrade to XP Pro but might run into some driver issues for some hardware components. One alternative for you is to go to sonystyle.com and configure-to-order a VAIO for your needs which include the options for GigaPocket and XP Pro and other options.

xp home to xp pro shouldnt have issues with drivers...

now win 2000 and older... you will have SOME driver issues...

FWIW, i did a xp home to xp pro with no probs,...
ldivinag
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:20 pm

Idivinag,

Fellow forum member kwilby is having some driver issues after switching from XP Home to Pro. Perhaps you could lend a hand as you have already made the switch successfully. HERE is the link. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Joe 
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Return to Computers Configuration