[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - who can help me? about my sony pcg-c1msx

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:32 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - who can help me? about my sony pcg-c1msx

who can help me? about my sony pcg-c1msx

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony computer settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your computer settings, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals..

Moderator: jttar

by ggw » Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:44 pm

i have a sony pcg-c1msx notecomputer, but all software of it are japanese, who can help me, give me a english version software of this.

thx
ggw
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by EzDoezit » Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:39 pm

The software is copyright protected, so it would be illegal for anyone to give you a copy.

Forums like this one frown upon these types of discussions because it attracts law suit mongers and the like.

If you would like your Japanese Discs exchanged for another language, your only resource is with Sony themselves.
EzDoezit
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by sabotage1945 » Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:07 pm

I'm running into the same problem. I purchased my Sony PCG-C1MSX in Japan only a week ago.

After which I formatted the HD and installed my own English version of Windows XP. Now I have no access to much of the features of this picturebook. No keyboard function keys, no camera features, no MPEG2 recording, no Bluetooth... NOTHING!!

Anyone who is about to do the same thing I did - stop and think about it first. Its hell getting the individual files from the web (almost impossible), and very little support from Sony unless it is for the Japanese drivers and software.

I know people who have gotten a hold of the English recovery disks but it cost them over $130USD on the open market. No Sony support.

I propose we help each other out. I think there are plenty of Non-Japanese C1MSX owners out there. Drop me a line to further discuss this option: sabotage1945@hotmail.com

Thanks for posting,
Sabotage

Quote:

On 2002-06-06 03:44, ggw wrote:
i have a sony pcg-c1msx notecomputer, but all software of it are japanese, who can help me, give me a english version software of this.

thx

sabotage1945
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by EzDoezit » Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:08 am

Was it not an option when you bought the VAIO to ask for English discs?

One would think there are a lot of eastern people who speak English and might prefer English on their computers.

Cheers
Eddie

see also:
VAIO Village and Club VAIO

EzDoezit
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by hyedipin » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:33 am

After installing XP try using Japanese Disk to install drivers for each component. Sometimes all drivers are in one .CAB so it can see them all. And most of the time, drivers are not language specific for hardware, it is so for software. So if you have a software that is ENGLISH trying to access bluetooth, but it cannot because of "driver conflict" or "driver absance" try letting XP search for SONY RECOVERY for .cab or .ini files.

May help, but the best way calling SONY and asking for a disk and explaining the situation. Sometimes they are helpful.
hyedipin
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by m4tik » Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:48 am

I have the same problem, so if anybody fix that please contact with me.

thanks in advance
m4tik
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by growl » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:13 am

hi i think i can help. I have a sony pcg-c1mt which most of the drivers (english) work on the pcg-c1mt.

Basically what i did was searched the net and got all the drivers for windows 2k so i could install windows 2k on it and i also installed win2k on my friends pcg-c1msx and everything worked. I cant help with the gigapocket software but my friend said the the version he has on his japanese winxp rescue cds does work/display in english after its installed so that may help, but yeah i think i can also help with windows xp drivers (in english for anyone who needs them).

anyways email me or icq me on 16031940, prob cant help straight away will need to wait a few weeks when i get back to oz and have access to my files (in japan at the moment).

growl
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by growl » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:51 pm

Ok helped out a couple of people already

even have bluetooth drivers working for winxp for pcg-c1msx
i even have the giga pocket software

so basically i have all the software and drivers for BOTH windows 2k and windows XP in english so icq me and i can hook you up.

NOTE: all these drivers were downloaded off the sony support sites and some off specific hardware sites (like video and audio and modem drivers for windows 2k).

So i havent broken any laws etc etc. None of the drivers have been hacked or anything like that.

I am running windows 2k on my laptop because i find it to run a lot faster than windows XP. I even have the external TV out working as well under win 2k.

icq number again is 16031940

growl
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by growl » Thu May 13, 2004 3:49 am

have updated my other thread http://www.agoraquest.com/viewforum.php?forum=40

basically have setup an ftp server for sony pcg-c1mt and pcg-c1msx files for win 98, me, 2k and xp
growl
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Computers Configuration