[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - PCG-C1MSX & PCG-C1MT working software and Drivers for Win XP & 2K

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:44 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - PCG-C1MSX & PCG-C1MT working software and Drivers for Win XP & 2K

PCG-C1MSX & PCG-C1MT working software and Drivers for Win XP & 2K

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony computer settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your computer settings, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals..

Moderator: jttar

by growl » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:00 pm

Ok helped out a couple of people already, but for you others who may have not read my reply in another thread here it is for you all.

Basically I have ALL the drivers and Software that comes shipped with ya pcg-c1msx or pcg-c1mt sony laptop in ENGLISH.

Not only do i have all the drivers & software in English for windows XP I also have drivers for windows 2000

Yup i got windows 2k FULLY working. that means hot key, modem, bluetooth, video capture, memory stick, jog dail, audio, video, etc etc

even have bluetooth drivers working for winxp for pcg-c1msx
i even have the giga pocket software

NOTE: all these drivers were downloaded off the sony support sites and some off specific hardware sites (like video and audio and modem drivers for windows 2k).

So i havent broken any laws etc etc. None of the drivers have been hacked or anything like that.

I am running windows 2k on my laptop because i find it to run a lot faster than windows XP. I even have the external TV out working as well under win 2k.

icq number is 16031940. In a month i should have access to adsl with a static IP so i can host the files on my computer, but for now, will just have to upload them for whoever needs them.

growl
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by duncan » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:11 am

Hi, I can host now for you if you like.
duncan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by lamec37 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:39 am

hey growl I tried to get in touch with you through icq, but couldn't.  I need to get those drivers for a professor at the college I work at.  If you get this please reply to this or use my icq #246193503.  Thanks
lamec37
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by growl » Thu May 13, 2004 3:43 am

Sorry havent been on for a while. Icq had problems for me for a while.

But anyways i've setup an FTP server on my computer since i now have a bigger harddrive and a fast adsl connection with a static IP

ftp address is 218.214.46.200
username is sony
password is vaio

I've got drivers for pcg-c1mt and pcg-c1msx

(basically the drivers from c1mt work on c1msx and vice versa).

NOTE: the pcg-c1mt doesnt have bluetooth and can't update the memstick drive to read memory stick pro cards. But everything else is the same.

NOTE 2: win2k and win xp have FULL drivers for everything, but windows 98 and windows ME only have a few things working, like video, audio, modem and network, i couldn't get the camera or video capture to work. But video out to ext monitor or TV works fine Couldnt get the memory stick reader to work either, also the external firewire dvd drive doesnt work under windows 98, but it does work under windows ME (dunno why).

I also recomend using 98lite from www.litepc.com for windows 98/me and using the windows 95 shell explorer as this speeds up your machine A LOT, esp playing back divx movies full screen.

growl
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by growl » Sat May 15, 2004 7:04 pm

Ftp program i am using doesnt seem very stable, it tends to disconnect itself from time to time, rather annoying. But if you have any problems getting in or anything icq me and i'll make sure its running ok.

Also I reccomend you use an FTP program to log in and transfer files. Some people have problems logging in with some web browsers.

growl
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by coldcreek » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:59 pm

Great job Growl. I have been looking for these drivers for a long time and now found them here on this board. Thank you very much for your efforts. I know this has helped many of us picturebook users greatly.

Thanks
coldcreek
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by briandre » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:10 am

I tried to get the files from your ftp server, but no luck.  I was only able to get the directories like "1._Sony_Vaio" & "2._2k_Programs"... etc., but I couldn't download any files from these directories.

I already used ftp program to download, not the browser.

Please help.  Thank you very much.
briandre
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by sonyvaio » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:51 pm

Hey Growl,

I need access to your C1MT software and drivers for XP.

Just got a Vaio and no drivers or CD with it!

Thanks in advance if you (or anybody) can help - the files are still
only available in Japanese elsewhere!
sonyvaio
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by growl » Thu May 12, 2005 6:35 am

hi guys/girls, sorry i dont come in here and check these forums much. And also sorry because the server was down for a couple of months while i tried getting fast internet at my new flat).

But just an update to let you know the IP addess has changed, have switched internet companies and should have faster upload speeds as well, but need to test that out later.

Anyways heres the new IP 203.22.186.245
login and password is still the same.

also some people have had trouble logging in or dl the files, have sorted out a lot of issues so far (could be the ftp server program i am using) anways sometimes the files go missing so i have to copy them back in

but just grab me on icq and i'll do my best to help
growl
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jgerard » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:43 am

Hi all,

I just found this newsgroup. I have the Sony PCG-GRT260G that uses the Giga Pocket v.5 software. I have an Analog Video camera which I would like to use with this Notebook. The notebook has the AV in Port but the problem is that I am running Windows 2003 server on this PC. Growl got the Giga Pocket to install in Win2k so I thought someone may be able to help. I am thinking that there must be a file in Windows that I can replace to tell the install app. that I am running Windows XP instead of Win2003?
Also, Windows says that I need to install the Multimedia video controller driver. Does anyone know which driver it is?

If you don't know the answer to the above questions does anyone know what chips/manufacture the Analog to video capture is or anything else that could help me?

Thanks alot for any help,

John
e-mail: johng1@pacbell.net
jgerard
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Next

Return to Computers Configuration