[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Simple DVD Maker won't start

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:03 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Simple DVD Maker won't start

Simple DVD Maker won't start

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony computer settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your computer settings, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals..

Moderator: jttar

by coolitude » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:02 pm

I have an "old" RX 780G with 512 Mb. I have Giga Pocket 4.6 and Simple DVD Maker 1.2. (I think that Click to DVD has replaced Simple DVD Maker on newer machines.)

When I try to run Simple DVD Maker, either standalone or called from Giga Pocket, I get the error message "Fail to allocate memory" and the application dies. I didn't get any replies or information about possible fixes from Vaio Village, so I thought that I would try here. My other Sony preinstalled software mostly works most of the time.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

-cool....
coolitude
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:37 pm

coollitude,

Sounds to me like your system resource memory is being used up by other programs that are being loaded at start up. I ran into this once while working on a Compaq machine. I would try this: Boot up your computer, go to START/RUN, at the prompt type msconfig and hit enter. This will bring up a box, go to the last tab called "startup". Here you will find a list of all the programs that are loading up every time you turn on your computer. Un-check all the boxes of programs that you don't need to use on startup. This does not enable the programs use, it just stops them from being loaded every time you boot up. After you un-check the boxes re-boot and then try running Simple DVD and see if it works. The nice part about unchecking any of the programs in Startup is that it is completely reversible. You can always re-check the boxes to have the programs reload on start up.

jttar

jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by coolitude » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:53 pm

Thanks for your suggestion. That didn't do the trick.

However, I managed to solve the problem. I uninstalled the broken version of Simple DVD Maker, ran Norton WinDoctor to clean up the Registry, and reinstalled Simple DVD Maker. Bingo!

- cool....
coolitude
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:12 pm

coolitude,

Glad to hear that you solved your problem and that your re-install took care of Simple DVD Maker. Love that WinDoctor!

jttar
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Return to Computers Configuration