[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - pcg v505dx...memory

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:25 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - pcg v505dx...memory

pcg v505dx...memory

This Forum is questions on any installation you could have with your Sony computer system (i.e. How to install, what wires go to where, what drivers need to be installed, etc...)

Moderator: jttar

by billiards » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:21 am

juse purchased pgc v505dx .....does anyone out there know how many memory slots there are on this model?   or max. one may install?.....thanks a million...jack
billiards
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jttar » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:31 am

Hello billiards,

Your PCG-V500DX uses PC-2100 memory and usually comes with 256 MB installed. It has 2 banks (slots) and will hold a maximum of 1 GB. If you are going to install a larger amount of memory it is always a good thing to see if you are up to date on your BIOS rev. also.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by billiards » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:11 pm

thanks ......appreciated the comeback....jack
billiards
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jttar » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:22 pm

You are entirely welcome Jack.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by billiards » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:47 pm

jttar....prev. post you sug. to check and update bios, having installed larger/new hard drive, and larger new ram mem. (not installed yet) ....windows o.s. due to soon, i have been looking at the bios update you suggested....i find some who say this should only be  done if really needed, discernment high ranking.....flip side some say it should be done on a reg. basis to keep system at peak performance....not having many computers skills dev. under my belt, i really value your input and knowledge.....question: should i go forward on the update...or try it first the way it is  (new used computer for me)....and if i am to go forward w/ update how am i going to find the mother board # and maker?   i feel like i have dominated this board..thank jack
billiards
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jttar » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:34 pm

Hello Jack,

You just want to be sure that your current BIOS will recognize your larger hard drive and extra ram. On some computers updatng to a newer BIOS will allow for expanded memory or a larger/faster hard drive. When upgrading hardware I usually check to see if there is a BIOS update and flash the chip  if there is.
You can try instaling the extra RAM and see if you have any issues and make sure that the BIOS sees all of it. If it does, great. If not I would look to see if there is a newer BIOS rev. than your using.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Return to Computers Installation