[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Son Vaio VGC RB30 Motherboard

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:06 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Son Vaio VGC RB30 Motherboard

Son Vaio VGC RB30 Motherboard

This Forum is questions on any installation you could have with your Sony computer system (i.e. How to install, what wires go to where, what drivers need to be installed, etc...)

Moderator: jttar

by enfuego83 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Hi, I'm planning on upgrading all/most of the hardware in my computer and am wondering if anyone could tell me what the form factor is of the motherboard that comes stock with the sony vaio vgc rb30. I have tried googling pertinent information and can't find much. I'm aware that some websites can scan your computer and possibly give this info but this computer doesn't have internet access. Thanks!
enfuego83
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:06 pm

Hello enfuego83,

Greetings and welcome.

I also spent time looking for motherboard information on your VGC-RB30 with about the same success as yourself.
Your best chance might be to plug a CAT5 cable into that tower and let one of those websites scan your PC for the info,
Hopefully someone else will be of more help with the specs of the motherboard size.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by enfuego83 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:25 pm

Hey Joe,
Well I took the chassis panel cover off to take a look at the mother board to see if there was any indication of what kind of board it would be. On the board I noticed that it said "Intel Desktop Board" with what what I believe is a model number underneath: " D915GAG/D915PSY" I googled it to see what woild come up, ad it appears to check out ok. The boards look very similar to what I have and are apparently of the micro ATX variety. If anyone could verify this that would be great.
enfuego83
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by NiteHawk » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:31 pm

Appears to be micro ATX to me.  You can usually tell by the number of PCI/PCI-e slots.  I see a total of four.

NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Return to Computers Installation