[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Recovery Disk

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:55 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Recovery Disk

Recovery Disk

This Forum is questions on any installation you could have with your Sony computer system (i.e. How to install, what wires go to where, what drivers need to be installed, etc...)

Moderator: jttar

by Souls » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:11 am

Hi, I am looking for a recovery disk for my Sony VGC-RB30, took my computer in to future shop last year with the recovery cd, they lost the disk , and last week I had to take in my computer again and they had to replace the hard drive but new policy said they didn't have to restore the operating system, so now I have a new harddrive with no cd or system, they wanted to charge me $100 to restore it and it was them that lost my restore cd, so how do I get a free copy of it to get my computer up and running?

Souls
Souls
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by claudio » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:20 am

Not sure but  vgc-rb30 (SONY DESKTOP), the hard drive I think has the Recovery partition in the D drive. But since it's a new hard drive, it probably isn't there. What about the old hard drive, it might have the recovery in the D: drive.

Below is a link to buy recovery CDs. Also, you can probably try Ebay. Or maybe a Agoraquest member might have it. $100 to restore doesn't seem too bad. Maybe $70. The main issue is restoring a computer takes time between 1 to 3 hours depending on updating drivers and other things.

http://www.iq.sony.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=460,E=0000000000800319794,K=3331,Sxi=1,Case=obj(61643),VARSET_OBJ=61643,VARSET_TSRC=results,UseTemplate=case.tem,VARSET_TOP=TRUE
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by claudio » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:22 am

Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Souls » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:43 am

Hi Claudio, thanks for your help , I really appreciate it, but is not needed, I took it up with the future shop manager and he was shocked at what their techs had told me and told them they couldn't give back a customers computer without it being restore back to factory condition, what the techs where trying to do was make some extra money for themselves lol, they said was new policy, new policy my ass the manager said , so sometime today my computer should come home, thanks so much for everything
Souls
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by claudio » Sat May 31, 2008 9:41 am

Hi Souls,

No problem.  It does seem odd that they couldn't give the computer back without it being restored back to factory condition. Hopefully he/she was fired.

I have seen this practice a couple of times where techs are trying to pocket money on the side by getting above and beyond repairs.
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Return to Computers Installation