[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - PCV-RZ24G Replacing CD/DVD Burner?

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:12 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - PCV-RZ24G Replacing CD/DVD Burner?

PCV-RZ24G Replacing CD/DVD Burner?

This Forum is questions on any installation you could have with your Sony computer system (i.e. How to install, what wires go to where, what drivers need to be installed, etc...)

Moderator: jttar

by JH32552 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:46 am

I just spent a week with Sony Support re: a dead DVD burner.  Bottom line:  I need to replace the burner and they cannot/won't  tell me what will fit.  Has anyone replaced their burner successfully, and what brand or model fits w/o a lot of modification?

TIA, and Merry Christmas
Jackie
JH32552
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:58 pm

Jackie,

Greetings and welcome. A Merry Christmas to you too!

Judging by the appearance of the PCV-RZ24G tower, it looks like it would hold a regular full height drive. In other words a standard replacement and not a proprietary Sony size.

I would suggest removing the drive from the case and getting it's physical measurements and comparing them to a standard DVD internal ROM drive.

If it comes down to the DVD burner only fitting that model you could always go with an external DVD burner. I was at Tiger Direct last week and they had a nice looking dual layer burner for under $50(US).

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Return to Computers Installation