[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Problem installing graphics card & disabling on board graphics...

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:37 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Problem installing graphics card & disabling on board graphics...

Problem installing graphics card & disabling on board graphics...

This Forum is questions on any installation you could have with your Sony computer system (i.e. How to install, what wires go to where, what drivers need to be installed, etc...)

Moderator: jttar

by erikjen » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:26 pm

I am having a problem installing a PCI graphics card in my PCV-RS410. Neither Mad Dog nor Sony has been much help. The sticking point seems to be getting it to recognize the card, as it starts to boot and display then goes black. The on board graphics cannot be disabled in BIOS and I cannot find info RE disabling it on the motherboard or any other way. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks, Erik
erikjen
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:56 pm

ericjen,

Greetings and welcome. You can disable your onboard graphics card through Windows. I believe that your PCV-RS410 comes with WinXP Home operating system on it, go to Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager and scroll the list for Display Adapters. Open the + sign and the onboard graphics card will be listed. Right click on the graphics card and select "uninstall". Next shut down your computer and install your new PCI card, boot up and install the drivers from the CD that came with the PCI card.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by susanmcc1031 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:14 pm

Did this solution work for you? I'm having the same problem. It looks like I would need to uninstall something called 'Intel.... chipset'. I'd like to know if that worked for you, because it makes me a little nervous to do that.
susanmcc1031
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by dontsleep33 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:34 am

You dont need to disable the integrated video.The problem your having is because you have to set the primary display device in bios to pci.
dontsleep33
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:16 pm

dontsleep,

Thanks for the input. Good to see you back on the board. I thought you disappeared on us. Hope to see more of your helpful posts.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by alternativesurfer » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:41 pm

DontSleep is correct. Need to change the default display adapter to the pci slot
alternativesurfer
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Computers Installation