[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Can the Clie act as a USB drive

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:28 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Can the Clie act as a USB drive

Can the Clie act as a USB drive

This forum is geared towards CLIE Handhelds device

Moderator: jttar

by elrayo-x » Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:31 am

I am considering the PEG-SJ30 and would like to know if it's possible to use the memory stick and the usb interace of the Clie as a USB drive? I use Win2000 and XP.

I don't have access to the manuals which may or may not confirm this information.

Thanks.
elrayo-x
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Galley » Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:45 am

Yes, it comes with software called MSimport, which makes the Clié show up as a removable drive in Windows Explorer. You would need to use you cradle (and power supply), of course. I have a Lexar Memory stick reader that works well, and is MUCH more portable.
Galley
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by RRip » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:48 pm

I've got the PEG-360 (i think, or something like that, a couple years old, bw 16mb...)
How can I MSimport and do I have to do it through a cradle or can I just use the hotsync cable that came w/ it.
RRip
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by thefaulkner » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:39 pm

the CD that came with your 360 would have all the software that you need. Once installed, run MSimport while your Clie is connected to your pc (either by cradle or hotsync cable), and the Memory stick will show up as another drive on your computer (usually S.
thefaulkner
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by RRip » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:24 pm

It appears that my cd doesn't include anything about msimport, is there anywhere i can download it from the web?
RRip
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to CLIE Handheld