[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony--2 new media players

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:20 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony--2 new media players

Sony--2 new media players

This forum is geared towards CLIE Handhelds device

Moderator: jttar

by dragon53 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:19 am

Sony Unwraps Two New Media Players                    
Melissa J. Perenson, PC World

timestamp(1231386900000,'longDateTime')Jan 7, 2009 9:55 pm

Sony unleashed two new model Walkmans in its latest effort to put a dent in Apple's stranglehold of the digital music player market.
Sony unveiled the new music players during its press conference at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Sony'snew Walkman X-Series sports a 3.5-inch OLED touchscreen display andincludes WiFi for downloading podcasts, streaming video from YouTube,and more. The X Series will be available early this summer in 16 GB and32 GB capacities, with pricing yet to be determined.
Available inApril, Sony's Walkman W Series features a cord-free design integratingthe music player into the headset--a design meant to be lightweight andcomfortable. The W series can fully charge its estimated 12-hourbattery in only 30 minutes, while most other audio players take a fewhours to recharge. The W Series wil be available in April with supportfor protected and unprotected WMA, as well as unprotected MP3 and AACformats.

Whileat the Sony booth, I had a brief hands-on with The Walkman W Series. Ituses a control mechanism that Sony calls "ZAPPIN," a small job wheellocated on the under-side of the right earbud. Turn the knob forward toskip to the next song, flip it back to play the previous song, andclick it to play or pause your music. I like the idea of a music playerintegrated into the headphones; it seems like an obvious evolution, andjoggers will be pleased. The only obvious downsides I saw in my briefhands-on in the Sony booth was the fact that the volume rocker andZAPPIN jogwheel are close together and about the same size, so they maybe easy to confuse.
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

Return to CLIE Handheld