[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - SHORT SIGHTED Sony

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:08 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - SHORT SIGHTED Sony

SHORT SIGHTED Sony

This forum is geared towards CLIE Handhelds device

Moderator: jttar

by lanzaroteman » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:51 am

Hi to all from a newcomer to this forum.

I have been a Sony fan and user for some 50 years. I bought Betamax because It was the best, Sony killed because it would not make priceing competitive, Mini disk went the same way.

I have just been to london to buy some new equipment, A laptop,
a dvd recorder, and the new sport walkman. The walkman (s203f) plays MP3, and AAC. Or will if you are a windows user and use sony' software. You cannot dowload to its memory and play, If you use Linux, Or Mac.

I went back to the sony centre, to collect a laptop and the dvd recorder. The manager said Sony does not support linux. So I cancelled my order.

does Sony have some sort of death wish,they bring out great equiment and then limit its sales.

I believe playstation 3 is linux compatible. So what gives

Jim

lanzaroteman
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by hyedipin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:53 pm

Strange that they would say it does not support linux. Well they won't really help you with it if you have problems, but you can run any OS you want on a device, right? They just get paid from Microsoft to put WIN on their systems.
hyedipin
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Jetranger » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:50 am

No manufacturer will support their computer if you change the operating system on it.  Imagine the nightmare technical support calls ... They have enough trouble supporting the systems they do sell.

And just because it is not supported doesn't mean it won't work ... it means they don't support it.   Just like if you bought a new car and replaced the engine - no dealer will offer warranty support on it after that.

Jetranger
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to CLIE Handheld