[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - AIBO sites still up and running........

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:47 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - AIBO sites still up and running........

AIBO sites still up and running........

This forum is geared towards AIBO Entertainment Robot

Moderator: jttar

by Toli » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:01 pm

There are several AIBO sites still up and running The AIBO forum is still active and current.

http://www.aiboworld.tv/ 

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:15 pm

Toli,

I just had to see what was posted to the lonely AIBO forum after almost a year with no activity.

Are you an AIBO owner or fan?

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:16 am

jttar,

I think that they are neat, but I don't own one. I was searching on the internet for something completely unrelated and came across that information. I was a little surprised to see that the AIBO forums were still active and current.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:05 pm

Toli,

With the size of your dogs the last thing you would need is a robotic one.

Actually, it would probably be fun to have an AIBO puppy just to see how your "big guy's" reacted to it.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:14 pm

On 2007-07-12 23:05, jttar wrote:

Actually, it would probably be fun to have an AIBO puppy just to see how your "big guy's" reacted to it.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)

jttar,

It may be neat to play with, but I am not interested enough to spend the money that it would take to aquire an AIBO. I looked on ebaY to see how much they were going for, way too much to just have a chance to play with one. All it would take is one bite from Lance and that money would be as good as flushed down the drain. Anyway, I will always prefer a live dog to a robotic dog, no matter how much the technology advances.

I may better spend that money by buying something like a GPS unit. Actually, that is a purchase that I have been seriously considering, especially for those long trips.

Toli KF-50WE610 w/Salamander Archetype TV65, STR-DA7100ES w/Harmony 880 Pro, DVP-NS3100ES, DIRECTV H20, Panamax 5510-PRO ACRegenerator & M1500-UPS, XBOX; Klipsch: KSF-10.5(2), KSF-C5, KSF-S5(4-2), KSW-15; Stuart's Glass Toslinks, LAT V1-5

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:02 pm

Toli,

Although I do not own a GPS (yet), they are very cool. Several of my family members own one and recently I borrowed my brother Garvin GPS when I went to Lincolnshire, Illinois to visit a friend at their new house.
I was very impressed with how well it worked and how it re-calculated if I ignored it's recommended directions.
I agree, it is a better investment than an AIBO and there is less of a chance that Lance will be tempted to give it a taste.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:11 pm

On 2007-07-13 23:02, jttar wrote:

I agree, it is a better investment than an AIBO and there is less of a chance that Lance will be tempted to give it a taste.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)

jttar,

How funny life is. I hadn't intended on buying one yet, byt this afternoon I ordered a GPS unit.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:59 pm

Toli,

I'm like you, once I get the "bug" to buy something I research it and waste no time in getting what I want (within reason of course).

Please let me know how you like your new GPS once you get it and have a chance to play with it.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:05 pm

On 2007-07-14 21:59, jttar wrote:

Please let me know how you like your new GPS once you get it and have a chance to play with it.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)

jttar,

My GPS unit arrived today. It is an entry-level unit, but has the lastest GPS technolgy. I am not sure what else one would need it to do, it does alot. On the next trip that I take I know that I will be glad that I bought it. I made a few small trips this evening just to see how well it works, it's beautiful!

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:06 pm

Toli,

Sorry for the delay in response, I always forget to check the AIBO section of the forum.

Glad to hear that your new GPS arrived safely and is working to your satisfaction. I really should get one for myself and it will probably happen when the impulse bug bites, much the same as yourself.

I wish you many years of trouble free navigation and if you ever get lost just remember to hit the "Home" button.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Return to AIBO