[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - I can't decide!!!

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:02 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - I can't decide!!!

I can't decide!!!

This Forum is for any other questions you might have and for discussions on the latest Sony television news.

Moderator: jttar

by Brendan » Sun Oct 14, 2001 10:24 am

Ok so I want to know what I should get. Avia or VE? I'm planning on purchasing a 36XBR450 and I don't plan on getting any surround sound equipment at this time. So basically I just need to calibrate the video, and not the audio as much.

Here is an excerpt from a post I found:

"Avia is much easier and generally better for calibrating the video side
(esp. the sharpness pattern). However, for "real world" viewing material,
there is nothing better than VE's Montage of Images. It can show problems in
just about any area of your video system (including the line doubling).
There is little I've found as impressive as the range of "stuff" in this
little 6-minute piece."

So I've also heard that VE is better for your video....I just don't know anymore!!! ARRGGGHHH!!!
Brendan
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by cc2247 » Sun Oct 14, 2001 1:33 pm

I think it is a matter of preference, as I have used both. Both will do the job for you and VE is somewhat easier to use and navigate. But once you are used to Avia, it does not bother me.

VE has some nice photos at the end that Avia doesn't have.

As you know VE is discontinued so if you cannot find one, you'll have to wait till the new 20.00 version is available (next month).
cc2247
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by ciper » Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:56 am

Forgetting about all the talking and such the video essentials disc has more usefull test images than avia. Both will get you calibrated better than any other display device. Some of the images on video essentials become useful years after you own it. There is one image on video essentials that i cant live without. It has a good "million" little white squares on it. It helps with convergance and geometry, especially at the edges.

Why not buy both of them? I mean you'll spend maybe 50 dollars on the pair and how does that go against your 2000+- tv with a perfect image?
ciper
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by claudio » Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:41 pm

Totally, you might as well buy both. Spending $50 goes a long way to optimizing your television. Especailly when you spend more than $2000 on it.
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Return to Television Misc and News