[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Are there sites with directions for accessing service menus etc. for each Wega model?

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:22 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Are there sites with directions for accessing service menus etc. for each Wega model?

Are there sites with directions for accessing service menus etc. for each Wega model?

This Forum is for any other questions you might have and for discussions on the latest Sony television news.

Moderator: jttar

by tomcat_fan » Fri Oct 05, 2001 7:31 pm

I'm looking at the KV24FV12, and I'm wondering how I can adjust the picture when I get it. Are there any sites dedicated to each model of Sony TV? Thanks a lot,
Darryl
tomcat_fan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by claudio » Sat Oct 06, 2001 6:09 am

I'm not sure there is a place on the internet that just has Sony Service manual. If you need a service manual. I believe you need to call Sony to get it.

1-800-488-SONY

However, I heard it's kind of expensive. If people are interested. I can try to get a collection of service manual going.

But I need photocopies of manuals so I can scan them and then put them into PDF.

So if you think this a good idea. Post the reply here. And maybe, I can setup a thing where I can state what manuals I need and hopefully people can email me photocopies of those manuals.

This can save everyone lots of $$$$. Since it cost alot from Sony to get one
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by tomcat_fan » Sat Oct 06, 2001 12:18 pm

Sure, I'm all for it if you're able to do it, thanks. I'm sure it will work fine anyway, from what I've seen in the stores. My friend has the 27 inch FV model with the speakers on the bottom, and his looks kinda crappy on cable. I seem to have a pretty good cable source at my house, since I don't have more than 2 or 3 channels that have a hint of snow on 'em. I don't expect it to look like DVD, but since I'll spend most of my time on TV and not movies, I hope it'll work ok.

As for the tv itself, do you recommend I tweak it if I can claudio or anyone?
tomcat_fan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by ciper » Sat Oct 06, 2001 9:25 pm

Have you already adjusted the color,tint,brightness,contrast and sharpness correctly using something like video essentials or avia? Your set should be decently adjusted from factory. Of course its always better to get a perfect image the way you describe it seems more to point towards the normal user controls.

ps. the wega with speakers on the bottom is an fs model, kv-27fs??
ciper
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by ciper » Sat Oct 06, 2001 9:35 pm

If you do plan on trying the service mode read this link

http://members.accessus.net/~090/awh/sonyadj.html

Remember ALWAYS write the setting down before you change it. You will find that most of the recomended changes also apply to your fv set as they would with an xbr
ciper
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by tomcat_fan » Sun Oct 07, 2001 4:30 am

You know what ciper? I knew FV models have the the good, side, speakers. Rectangular. He has (guessing at the model #) KV27FS12(?), the 24 F(S!!) model. I've been researching these things for so long that I know a LOT more than I did before. I just had a loong work week.

As for the set itself, I don't actually have it yet, I'm just so pumped up aout getting it that I've registered here to pick up any tips I can for that swweeeet day when I worry if my new TV will collapse my entertainment center. I might brace it somehow before said day
arrives.

I'll check that link out you sent too, thanks a lot. I just would like to at least have the option to tweak the picture area or colors or something if I felt like it. And yep, write everything down!
tomcat_fan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by claudio » Sun Oct 07, 2001 7:42 am

There is a great article in the dowload section by Anthony W. Haukap which is in PDF form. It's also the same document that Ciper gave you in the link above.

But if you need to save to disk or print it out. You can get it from the download section
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by tomcat_fan » Sun Oct 07, 2001 2:27 pm

About that site; it has an article that indicates the procedure for 'calibrating' a DVD player. What does this do and why would you want to?

Thanks!
tomcat_fan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by ciper » Wed Oct 10, 2001 11:51 am

From what i understand becuase of tolerance build up some dvd players would not track properly, so they started to includ auto calibration that will offset these "errors." I cannot find the article I read about this anymore. The newer the player the more settings the auto calibration took into account, including changing to different locations on the disc, using fast forward and switching layers. The player will try these operations when make adjustments based on what errors it gets until it gets the best reading. I ran the calibration myself and my layer changes improved quite a bit.
ciper
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by tomcat_fan » Thu Oct 11, 2001 6:36 pm

Are the steps usually in the manual? If you have either DVPN-S300 or 400, could you post the steps? If not, is there a lot involved with calibration or is it a pretty simple process to initiate?
tomcat_fan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Next

Return to Television Misc and News