[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - KDL-55HX820 5 red blinks

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:28 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - KDL-55HX820 5 red blinks

KDL-55HX820 5 red blinks

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony Televsion set (i.e. Sony Wega grainess problem, cable problems, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by ntehicks » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:46 pm

I have a KDL-55HX820 when I plug into the wall the tv has the red standby light. when I either press the remote or the power on the tv I see a green light for half a second and then 5 red blinks. has anyone seen this before on this model.
ntehicks
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jehill » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:44 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the KDL55HX820 service manual, so I can't look up the error code, if it is one. It's an error code if the 5 blinks repeat as in 5 blinks, pause, 5 blinks, etc.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by ntehicks » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:51 am

ntehicks
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jehill » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:08 pm

Good work! You successfully located the service manual! I downloaded it. You need to too. To do so, go to the site, click the item highlighted in red, look below the "Document preview" and wait for the "manual" link to appear. Click the manual link when it appears. When downloading is complete, save the file.

When you have completed that, open the file and click SELF DIAGNOSIS FUNCTION in the index. It should bring up p-17. Look up 5 blinks in the table and you will see that there are three different conditions that will bring up the 5 blink error code.

Follow the procedure at the bottom of the page to bring up the "Screen Test". Go to the next page for an sample screen. See which of the three possibilities has a number other than 00 in the right hand column and report the result.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by ntehicks » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:44 pm

Ok so I press the combo to get into the diagnostic's and as soon as I hit the last of the combo the power button the tv goes right to the 5 red blinks. I have measured some voltages and have 390 volts across the filter capacitors when the tv is in standby.
ntehicks
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jehill » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:27 pm

Does the screen light up at all when you attempt to turn the set on? The only thing that I am familiar with is T-CON error. That usually means that the T-CON board needs to be replaced. However, the problem could be one of the other two issues as well.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by ntehicks » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:50 pm

the screen does not light up at all. I don't even hear a click of any kind. when I press the power button. The led goes green for a half second and then to the red 5 blinks.
ntehicks
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to Television Troubleshooting