[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony WEGA has sound, no picture and standby blinks

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:28 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony WEGA has sound, no picture and standby blinks

Sony WEGA has sound, no picture and standby blinks

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony Televsion set (i.e. Sony Wega grainess problem, cable problems, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by PattiCake68 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:54 pm

Hi, I'm Patti. My Sony WEGA television is about 8 years old and never had any problems until recently. I went to turn on the tv one morning and it wouldn't turn on with a picture but there is sound and about 11 blinking standby lights, it shuts off after 10 - 15 seconds and then another 10 blinks when it shuts off. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and still nothing. I tried the power button for the heck of it again a few times and it turned on. That was a few weeks ago and I haven't turned it off again since until today when I accidentally touched the tv power button on the remote control. Now it is doing the exact same thing again and I have unplugged itfor a few minutes and plugged it back into the wall instead o a power strip but it is still doing the same thing. I have sound but no picture and it shuts off after 10-15 seconds. Same blinking standby lights too. Can someone please tell me what the problem could be?

Thanks so much,
Patti
PattiCake68
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Television Troubleshooting