[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - KDS-50A2020 with 6 Blinking Lights

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:56 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - KDS-50A2020 with 6 Blinking Lights

KDS-50A2020 with 6 Blinking Lights

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony Televsion set (i.e. Sony Wega grainess problem, cable problems, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by Frank-W » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:52 pm

My KDS-50A2020 will not power-up, when I try to turn it on the power light just flashes 6 times. I have read that this is a power issue but I can't find any help as to where to begin looking for the problem. I have unplugged and re-plugged every connection that I can find to no avail. The lamp is a brand new Philips bulb. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Frank-W
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:29 pm

For the KDS50A2020, 6 blinks, pause, 6 blinks, etc. means "Power Error" and the probable cause location listed is "D5V is not supplied". The D5V regulator is located on the A1 board and gets power from the 11V supply on the G board. If you are looking for a board to replace that MIGHT correct the problem, I would try the G board.

NOTE: If the 6 blinks you see aren't repeating, you aren't seeing an error code.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Frank-W » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:39 pm

Thank You JeHill for that information. Here is a little more history of this TV. I bought it for $30 at a thrift store and then found out that the bulb was shot. I put a brand new Philips bulb in and it turned on - but everything had a green tinge to it. I researched and learned that this was a common problem with the SXRD line. I dismantled the TV and sent the optical block out to be repaired. The repairman said that he had to rebuild the entire optical block. I got it back and reinstalled it, that is when I started getting the 6 blinks of the power light (and yes, it does repeat). Could a problem in the optical block cause this error code? The TV worked completely before I had it rebuilt. I have checked every connection, though I did find one wire that pulled loose from a metal block on top of the lamp fixture - but fixing that didn't help. Thank You for your help, there is nothing more frustrating than staring at a electronic device that simply won't turn on.
Frank-W
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Frank-W » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:52 am

I Fixed It! It turned out to be a faulty thermal fuse - So happy now!
Frank-W
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Glad that you fixed your set. Apparently, the KDS50A2020 is similar to the KDFE55A20, because replacement of the thermal fuse is what is recommended for that set for 6 blinks.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by JLD » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:20 am

I have a 6 blinking red lights problem, pause, 6 blinking red lights with my KDL40R450A. The set is less than one year old, but I bought a factory refurb with only a 90 day warranty. Any advice?
JLD
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:18 pm

jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

Return to Television Troubleshooting