[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony KDL46X3000 blinked 5 times no pic. 3 days later works

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:18 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony KDL46X3000 blinked 5 times no pic. 3 days later works

Sony KDL46X3000 blinked 5 times no pic. 3 days later works

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony Televsion set (i.e. Sony Wega grainess problem, cable problems, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by andrewdvd » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:48 am

I bought this TV in 2007.
It has been going great
But 3 days ago the power was on but there was no picture at all. The red light flashed 5 times, waited about 30 seconds, then flashed 5 times again. I read the manual which said it was broken, unplug it and call sony to repair.

I then tried it again tonight....and its working perfectly !!!!

firstly any idea what could this be? is it possibly some sort of protection mechanism against irregular voltages?
I have heard the area I live in now has highly variable voltage.

thanks
andrewdvd
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by claudio » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:53 am

Hi,

I will check on this later tonight or tomorrow after the holidays. I just need to check the manual to see what five blinks refers to.

Usually unplugging it and replugging it fixes some issues.

Thanks,
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by andrewdvd » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:56 am

thanks Claudio
I could not find it in my manual.
I tried unplugging it and replugging it the night it happened (an hour later) but it didn't fix it. perhaps it needed to completely cool down

Regards
Andrew
andrewdvd
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by andrewdvd » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:22 am

forgot to mention, the TV used to collect a LOT Of dust in the old home
has anyone ever vacuumed the vents in theirs? is it safe to do this as I Can see all wires and boards behind the vents within the tv chassis....the manual recommends vacuuming, I am just not sure if its safe to do so with a strong household vacuum

thanks
andrewdvd
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by hareem » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:37 am

If the 5 blinks that you see repeat as in 5 blinks, pause, 5 blinks, etc., I already listed to possible causes above. If they did not repeat the 5 blinks is not an error code.
You can join us for best dumps oracle training solutions. Our contains all those you want to pass for real exam & training.
hareem
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Television Troubleshooting