[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - KP-51WS520 blinking 10 times, then 5 times. Please help.

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:25 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - KP-51WS520 blinking 10 times, then 5 times. Please help.

KP-51WS520 blinking 10 times, then 5 times. Please help.

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony Televsion set (i.e. Sony Wega grainess problem, cable problems, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by bamim2 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:09 am

I have a KP-51WS520 that when I power it on, the standby LED is blinking 10 times, then pauses & 5 times very quickly over & over. Please help. I see lots of similar threads, but none that are precisely this combo.

I would really appreciate some help with this. I know there are codes. If anyone can provide a link to the service manual that would also help.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
bamim2
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Sun May 18, 2014 4:42 pm

Please use the Advanced search button at the bottom of the forums page to look up kp51ws520 5 blinks and see what you come up with.  When the second page appears when you click the Advanced search button, select the Google search engine at the top of the page.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by bamim2 » Mon May 19, 2014 5:11 am

First, thank you VERY much for replying & helping. It's great that you & people like you take time & provide knowledge to help out people like me.

Also, I was finally to track down a service manual for this TV & it only tells me what the 10 blinks mean. I wasn't able to find out what the 5 quick blinks that follow mean or if they mean anything.

I'm off to see the wizard. I mean Google. Thank you again. I'll be back!
bamim2
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Mon May 19, 2014 3:31 pm

OK!  Here is the straight scope from the service manual:

For the KP51WS520, 5 blinks, pause, 5 blinks, etc. of the red standby light means:

1.  Video OUT (IC9101, IC9201, IC9301) is faulty (CR, CG, CB board)
2.  CRT drive (IC452) is faulty (A board)
3.  G2 is improperly adjusted.

For the KP51WS520, 10 blinks, pause, 10 blinks, etc. of the red standby light means:

1.  Q8014 or Q8013 has shorted replace along with R8051 on the D board.
2.  IC8005 is damaged (D board)

jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by bamim2 » Tue May 20, 2014 4:49 am

Thank you VERY much for the follow up on this.

For the 5 blinks section, item #1 on the list - does that mean that basically the same IC is faulty on all 3 boards then?

Thank you very much for this info. I'll go track things down.
bamim2
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Tue May 20, 2014 11:05 am

No.  It means that one or all of them could be faulty.  I would focus on the 10 blink error code first since it is power supply related and could be the reason that the 5 blink error code came in.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by bamim2 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:46 am

Will do. Thank you again.
bamim2
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by dieting » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:53 am

It's great that you & people like you take time & provide knowledge to help out people like me.
Also, I was finally to track down a service manual for this TV & it only tells me what the 10 blinks mean. I wasn't able to find out what the 5 quick blinks that follow mean or if they mean anything.
We offer up to date exam practice questions with self paced test engine to help you pass exam and complete your ccent course you should also find
dieting
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:47 pm

If the 5 blinks that you see repeat as in 5 blinks, pause, 5 blinks, etc., I already listed to possible causes above. If they did not repeat the 5 blinks is not an error code.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

Return to Television Troubleshooting