[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony KP-51WS520 No Power, No sound, Standby light flashes

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:53 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony KP-51WS520 No Power, No sound, Standby light flashes

Sony KP-51WS520 No Power, No sound, Standby light flashes

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony Televsion set (i.e. Sony Wega grainess problem, cable problems, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by donh » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:12 am

My Sony KP-51WS520 flashes 5 times, pauses, flashes 5 times, continues this pattern constantly. Could someone please help me with troubleshooting this code?
donh
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:50 pm

For the KP51WS520, 5 blinks, pause, 5 blinks, etc. of the red standby light means "White Balance Failure" and the probable cause locations listed are as follows:

1. Video OUT (IC9101, IC9201, IC9301) is faulty (CR, CG, CB board)
2. CRT drive (IC452) is faulty (A board)
3. G2 is improperly adjusted

These are starting points for a qualified service technician. That set was introduced in 7/2004. The real problem could be a defective picture tube. However, I would check out the CR, CG, CB boards before I jumped to that conclusion. These are the boards on the end of the neck of each picture tube with the socket that the picture tube is plugged into.

Personally, I would get a new LCD TV rather than attempt to repair this set.

BTW, you really should have initiated a new thread instead of tacking a post onto a thread with a different subject.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by donh » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Thank you very much
donh
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Previous

Return to Television Troubleshooting